Jump to content

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.


Gakken85

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I absolutely loved JetFire when I was a kid. By far my favorite Transformer. I should probably get one for sentimental reasons. Nostalgia is real.

If I go looking for the Takatoku or Bandai version what am I looking for? VF-1's? Is that what they were called? I want one that will shoot my eye out!

If you have $5k to spare or want to negotiate, I say buy this man's collection NOW!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I just want one.:p

Is this the gran daddy?

Screenshot_20191008-202618_Gallery.jpg

You can do the 2002 & 2008 reissues from Bandai. They have less stickers and seem to yellow less. I own an OG Jetfire and a sealed 1/55 DYRL VF-1S Hikaru. The others I preferred the reissues (they didn’t make reissues of Jetfire or DYRL 1S Hikkie).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Mazinger Zero

Oh my goodness this is everything I expected and more. This guy is a MONSTER! He weighs 8lbs! He barely fits in the Detolf. Pic below for scale.

I love this guy!

All my other Mazingers just ran out of the room.:p

 

 

Mazinger Zero 2.jpg

This is perhaps the beefiest Mazinger Z i have ever seen :shok:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been hunting down this figure for quite some time. Always wanted an unmasked Tony to complement the rest of Sentinel's Re:Edit Iron Man range. The die cast armor suit-up parts was a pleasant surprise as I probably missed that bit in others' reviews, and gave the whole figure a satisfying heft. The paint seem a notch above the Re:Edit line, as the deep candy red lacquer look to have an extra layer of gloss. My only gripe is that the crotch armor is not a continuous piece from front to back, and broken up between the thighs.

 

M8dyu6N.jpg

 

FsDkZSk.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, borgified said:

For those that have the KC Dark Gold 1s and possibly the Yammie 1/48 25th Anniversary 1s (scale not withstanding), which paint scheme mostly pops out?

Don't know if I want to get both to be honest. :huh:

Edit: I've seen Jenius' review on the KC Dark Gold

I have Yammie's 1/48 25th Anniversary, so I had the same question whilst contemplating getting KC's Dark Gold. I glad I got KC's in the end, because the paint on this is way better. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice, I still want one of those Cosmo Fleet SDF-1s but I think I'll just hold out for a bigger, better one to come someday.

@sqidd psa, I a have a feeling you are gonna want this. https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07YV3YPM7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes, a Arcadia 1/3000 PF TV Color SDF would be sweet. I would buy for sure.

Dude, what is that nutball thing? :o The page won't translate. It's bonkers. I'm interested.:p

The problem is that I've gotten really into the super robots or yore. Not just the Mazinger. And there are some pretty large (I like big toys as you know), pretty expensive options. Well, a LOT of big expensive options. I've been spending money like a crack head that won the lottery.:rofl: That can't go on unchecked.

And now a minty JetFire and Chunky Monkey are on the list......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MKT said:

Been hunting down this figure for quite some time. Always wanted an unmasked Tony to complement the rest of Sentinel's Re:Edit Iron Man range. The die cast armor suit-up parts was a pleasant surprise as I probably missed that bit in others' reviews, and gave the whole figure a satisfying heft. The paint seem a notch above the Re:Edit line, as the deep candy red lacquer look to have an extra layer of gloss. My only gripe is that the crotch armor is not a continuous piece from front to back, and broken up between the thighs.

 

 

 

FsDkZSk.jpg

That armor is amazing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, MKT said:

Been hunting down this figure for quite some time. Always wanted an unmasked Tony to complement the rest of Sentinel's Re:Edit Iron Man range. The die cast armor suit-up parts was a pleasant surprise as I probably missed that bit in others' reviews, and gave the whole figure a satisfying heft. The paint seem a notch above the Re:Edit line, as the deep candy red lacquer look to have an extra layer of gloss. My only gripe is that the crotch armor is not a continuous piece from front to back, and broken up between the thighs.

 

M8dyu6N.jpg

 

FsDkZSk.jpg

Man if these had better q.c I'd actually prefer them to the RE:Edits

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

Yes, a Arcadia 1/3000 PF TV Color SDF would be sweet. I would buy for sure.

Dude, what is that nutball thing? :o The page won't translate. It's bonkers. I'm interested.:p

The problem is that I've gotten really into the super robots or yore. Not just the Mazinger. And there are some pretty large (I like big toys as you know), pretty expensive options. Well, a LOT of big expensive options. I've been spending money like a crack head that won the lottery.:rofl: That can't go on unchecked.

And now a minty JetFire and Chunky Monkey are on the list......

Yeah, 1/3000 Arcadia PF version would be lovely. 

As for that beast, it all ties in to the Jetfire talk. Remember, Transformers were developed from existing transforming toys. The majority of them came from a line called Diaclone. There are many articles you can find about the history of Diaclone and Transformers. The figures transform and are modular to connect with other figures and allow you to create just about any combination you want. Many collectors are considering this new Diaclone line to be the best line of toys out today. I’ve resisted the line due to the utter wallet destruction it could cause if I dove in but there is no way in hell I can pass this release up. I can’t imagine any fan of bad ass looking transforming figures to pass this up. Lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, 1/3000 Arcadia PF version would be lovely. 

As for that beast, it all ties in to the Jetfire talk. Remember, Transformers were developed from existing transforming toys. The majority of them came from a line called Diaclone. There are many articles you can find about the history of Diaclone and Transformers. The figures transform and are modular to connect with other figures and allow you to create just about any combination you want. Many collectors are considering this new Diaclone line to be the best line of toys out today. I’ve resisted the line due to the utter wallet destruction it could cause if I dove in but there is no way in hell I can pass this release up. I can’t imagine any fan of bad ass looking transforming figures to pass this up. Lol. 

Ahhhh, yes. I read about them in that article I was linked to yesterday.

Yeah, I don't need to go down that rabbit hole. The depth of the rabbit holes I'm in now is plenty!:o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

nice photos redwolf.  is mp-44 really THAT glossy?  also his white thighs look almost silverish there!

It's the lighting, but he is really reflective especially in display case which is all glass and bright leds. Which also applies to his white parts looking silverish/grey. I didnt want to overexpose and I like the lighting on these guys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...