Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

2 hours ago, Saburo said:

I rarely buy TFs but $45 for Siege JetFire why not? 

970A7254-4F95-46E3-B828-B9523B98E93E.thumb.jpeg.6bfa1d907a8e3103c1f1e91c7b79e4c3.jpeg

Did you feel dirty or unsatisfied with it? That’s the feeling I get with almost every Transformers figure I buy. Even MP. Yet I still keep buying them. It sucks that the HasLab Unicron made it because yep, I ended up buying one at the last minute just to not miss out.

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Cool

:good:

57 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Did you feel dirty or unsatisfied with it? That’s the feeling I get with almost every Transformers figure I buy. Even MP. Yet I still keep buying them. It sucks that the HasLab Unicron made it because yep, I ended up buying one at the last minute just to not miss out.

Since it was one clearance 50% off retail, I don;t feel as so bad.  He's kinda fun to play with, and the effect parts i can use for photoshoots. :D

3 minutes ago, Saburo said:

:good:

Since it was one clearance 50% off retail, I don;t feel as so bad.  He's kinda fun to play with, and the effect parts i can use for photoshoots. :D

Nice! I've mostly avoided mainline TFs because everytime I give one a chance, I'm pretty disappointed with how lackluster they are. Getting them on discount definitely helps because then at least they seem more in line with the perceived value of what you paid for. That Skyfire does look pretty good though, especially with your eye and backdrops.

My wife is definitely leaving me....

I pullEd the trigger on the prime1 studios 1/3 hush Batman and Superman! 
I kept trying to resist but I caved!

superman was 1500.00 shipped from prime1 and the Batman was 1240.00 shipped from sideshow.

there goes my kids education! Lol

718D0B1F-2AD6-47A9-8D89-61E095F376BF.png

309643C3-5E50-444E-A1E3-F0329FB7F1D6.png

1 hour ago, Bahamutzyro said:

I pullEd the trigger on the prime1 studios 1/3 hush Batman and Superman! 
I kept trying to resist but I caved!

superman was 1500.00 shipped from prime1 and the Batman was 1240.00 shipped from sideshow.

there goes my kids education!

Ah, kids are overrated anyway.  They grow more and more resentful, more and more expensive, and then leave you altogether.  <_<

Your statues, however, will last forever.  :p

Props, dude.  :good:

18 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Man, all the MB EVA! I've had the original release sitting in a box this whole time too. Just cannot get around to opening it but really need to. I love the original show by the way. But for some reason, I just hear bird noises whenever I think about it.

Hurrah!! I am not the only one who loves the EVA TV series!! 

So.... is it bad that I am considering renting a temperature-controlled 10 foot x 15 foot storage unit for about $190/month, so that I can store my Macross toy collection and de-clutter my home?

*sigh*

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

29 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

So.... is it bad that I am considering renting a temperature-controlled 10 foot x 15 foot storage unit for about $190/month, so that I can store my Macross toy collection and de-clutter my home?

*sigh*

Probably since it is something I have done. But I find as long as things are sealed and boxed up well, the whole temp thing doesn't make a difference to my collection at least. I've had stuff stored all over the country in different temps and see no difference in them.

1 minute ago, Saburo said:

Fun with toys! :lol:

Jetfire: "Jetfire is here and at the ready!"

Hikaru: "Max do you know this guy?"

Max: "I don't know..."

CEA88621-F4F6-45C0-926D-09916ADC56DA.thumb.JPEG.ce6ac68114eab045f7d6d824eb19bad5.JPEG

Isn't that version Skyfire or did they have to change the name again?

39 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*sigh*

If you're truly that cluttered, might be time to downsize the collection.

Keep only your favorites and/or the ones with the most value.

$190/month adds up, and you'll be able to just re-buy things later with the money saved if you can avoid spending it.

More cool 1/18 cars.

7AFE19BB-829C-4B27-B9AF-FA4882E68C4A.thumb.jpeg.ca868a41a4e64e2aa72c5e2a7ecb8127.jpeg

1965 Chevrolet Corvette.

AFD01298-1E9B-47F9-B731-75A77C865DF1.thumb.jpeg.411e73c4343184cddca376a215f95999.jpeg

2013 SRT Viper GTS.

867DFEAA-3F63-4B78-AF12-F8AE7F89606D.thumb.jpeg.3a8b7594755bff50abc5c0a1c84b32bf.jpeg

LaFerrari.

200B90F2-2C15-47F6-BA4B-DC593952009F.thumb.jpeg.44920e251442ee8a2620a5b71b8ad5b9.jpeg

Ferrari 488 GTB.

5D2F488D-0EBA-4785-A0FA-57B165AD70A2.thumb.jpeg.a02b9dbc374262bd4ede438efc4ba9f1.jpeg

1967 Ford Mustang GTA Fastback.

B7705DA8-919F-4CCF-AE81-83BEBA8C3F97.jpeg

2017 Ford GT.

Edited by sh9000

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

*sigh*

Yes it is bad and I’m considering the same thing......  I have a bedroom absolutely full of toy boxes. 

I have to pick and choose due to limited storage space.  Well, it is more because I don't want to overflow into another room.

As far as storage units go, there really is a point where the cost of the storage space will exceed the value of the items in it.  You could probably get a larger place if you add that $190 towards rent. 

I have 1 bedroom designated as a storage room.  There are storage containers stacked to the ceiling with loose and sealed toys well kept inside.  Luckily I have 2 other bedrooms.

My NECA Batman vs Joker Alien and Green Lantern vs Sinestro Corps Predator came in earlier today but I barely checked the tracking.  I’ll pick them up on Thursday.  My Marvel Legends Dani Moonstar should be coming in Friday.  The Carbonized Mandalorians should be coming in soon.

Personally I got lucky, the condo I bought has a *large* walk-in closet in the second bedroom for some reason. Turned that room into a workroom and computer room, and the closet is full of shelves for gunpla boxes and macross stuff.

Of course, now I need to start building gunpla to free up space for Macross stuff, but nothing's perfect.

I just received the KC VF-1S Dark Gold today. Absolutely the biggest thing I like about it are the paint apps. Even on a black base, the golds, tampos and panel lines stood out, and looks much better in flesh than in pics. :wub:

PZcgbOI.jpg

Edited by MKT

12 hours ago, Saburo said:

Fun with toys! :lol:

Max: "I don't know..."

Max: "I don't know...But he may know Megan Fox. Play it cool bro""

For those that have the KC Dark Gold 1s and possibly the Yammie 1/48 25th Anniversary 1s (scale not withstanding), which paint scheme mostly pops out?

Don't know if I want to get both to be honest. :huh:

Edit: I've seen Jenius' review on the KC Dark Gold

Edited by borgified