Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

...and It's here. Wow, I've never had anything get here this fast from Japan.

Welcome aboard sir. And congrats on your first (I'm sure it will not be your last. Count on it. This is just the beginning of your non-stop 1/60 VF-1 race. :lol:) 1/60 VF-1's. ;)

Got it today! its my birthday too! Great timing. The box is glorious and it gives off that strong collectible vibe. The whole thing is a masterpiece. no3Ljm was right, I will be getting more in the future.

Vf-1J and the VF-4G lightning is left on my list

Happy Birthday sir! Don't say I didn't warn you. :lol:

Edited by no3Ljm

I still like the first off-white version, but it's just me.

It's not just you sir. Most of nembers here prefer the DYRL whites. I did too at some point. But since most of the white valks I have has that TV white thing going on so I decided to replace my Yamato Hikaru 1S/A with the first Arcadia 1S release. Just to be consistent with the rest white valks I have. And I would be glad if Arcadia reissue those Hikaru valks in the future. And worry later what I'm going to do with the first ones I have. ;)

Received my shipping notice from NY. Yay!

Next up: VF-4G. My last Valkyrie for a long while, until the VF-31A pops up.

Edited by Sildani

The tint is more purplish than pink

The paint is impressive, so much better than if it was just shiny white plastic. In hand this feels like a professionally painted model. I noticed it does looks slightly purple when it's held up to the light.

Welcome to the boards and to the rabbit hole known as macross. Everyone should own at least one 1/60 VF-1 2.0 and you picked a great one to own.

Thanks! The Focker VF-1S is my favorite Valk and most iconic IMO.

forgot money pit! XD

glad to have you join us Crossbones, welcome to the boards.

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome aboard sir. And congrats on your first (I'm sure it will not be your last. Count on it. This is just the beginning of your non-stop 1/60 VF-1 race. :lol:) 1/60 VF-1's. ;)

Thanks! If I do get any more 1/60's it will be some of the more obscure ones. I'd love to see Arcadia do a Low Vis or Angel Bird. Although I wouldn't mind a 1/100 Hi Metal-R Angel Bird either.

Edited by Crossbones72

Thanks! If I do get any more 1/60's it will be some of the more obscure ones. I'd love to see Arcadia do a Low Vis or Angel Bird. Although I wouldn't mind a 1/100 Hi Metal-R Angel Bird either.

Right. Obscure ones like the VF-1A Calvaliers, VF-X, VT-1 Super Ostrich and VE-1 Elintseeker, right? ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

Just received mine. First brand new V2, all of my others were purchased on the second-hand market. Love that new valk smell.

Out of the box I really like the white, especially in contrast to the black and yellow. It does look a little off when compared to the others in my collection, but not glaringly so.

I've been waiting to get a proper Roy (have had a v1 since back in the day) added to my collection for a very long time. What a great way to spend my lunch time.

Got mine in this morning from HLJ!! I'll simply say this, this version of the VF-1 is the most secure ever made, even with the Fast packs on, nothing wiggles or jiggles.... simply solid as a rock. And for those of you wondering will the white be pinkish in color, mine is solid white. I see no signs of pink or purple to it.

Well worth the price tag for this one! B))

post-6180-0-05055500-1472585164_thumb.jpg

is there any glaring tampoe omissions?

The only thing that I can see is that it is missing the red triangles near the canopy. But that's consistent with the stand alone version that Arcadia had released previously.

I also wish that they tampoed the skull squadron insignia on the fast/strike pack, but again that's consistent with what was done in the past.

So, for all those new to the v.2 fast packs, congrats! Since there's probably at least a few people here who've never used the fast packs before, I figure it might be worth mentioning a few things to be aware of with them.

First off, be careful with the paint on the tails. Since the backpack boosters push the tails against the spine of the plane, it's possible for one of the antennas to rub against and wear down the black paint. All of my DYRL VF-1s have a small strip of matte scotch tape applied to that spot to minimize the damage. If you're feeling adventurous, you can also file down the antenna so it doesn't dig into the paint as much.

Second, on the more OCD side of things, I do want to drag up an old post I made, with a slight update. A few years back, I was curious about the long term effects of mounting fast packs, and how it bends the tails. (http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=33306&hl=%2Bfast+%2Bpack+%2Bfile&fromsearch=1) Since that time, I wound up purchasing a used VF-1J Hikaru with super packs, and I can say with some certainty it was displayed for a long while with the packs mounted, because that tail is definitely bent a little. Not badly, but it's noticeable if you look for it.

Before anyone panics, no, this really isn't any kind of serious issue. I've never once heard of anyone's tail breaking, and the bending is minor. This is really just a fix for people who get bugged by slight misalignments.

A pretty easy fix is mentioned in the post, but it's fairly destructive to the boosters, since you have to file a chunk out of them to give the tail room to sit properly. It does have other benefits as well though. Making room for the tail to nest into the bottom of the left booster can help it sit more in-line with the right one, and it also can relieve a little of the pressure on the tail from that spine antenna, which might help protect the paint on the left tail.

To reiterate though, no, I'm not recommending everyone start filing chunks out of their boosters. Main takeaway is just to be aware of how you attach your boosters, and be aware of whether that spine antenna is rubbing on the tail.

Third, and unrelated to the backpack, I remember some folks having trouble removing the arm packs. I think one of the locking pegs on the arms is supposed to be angled to let the tab slip over it, so if rocking the pack one direction doesn't work, try rocking the other way. If it still doesn't want to come off, you can try lifting one of the tabs with a straight pin.

Edited by Chronocidal

Congrats everyone!

Quick question since most of us are curious about it. Mine is still on the way. But can you someone verify if the SSP has the same color as the Yamato ones?

Thanks!

I'd like to know this too! Been checking here every so often hoping for a picture or a comment.

Congrats everyone!

Quick question since most of us are curious about it. Mine is still on the way. But can you someone verify if the SSP has the same color as the Yamato ones?

Thanks!

I'd have to dig out my Hikaru VF-1S but I think that Armor color is more grey than this one. My Roy 1S armor seems to be a Bluish-green color. Definitely not the TV shade, but seems slightly off from the Yamato color.

I'd have to dig out my Hikaru VF-1S but I think that Armor color is more grey than this one. My Roy 1S armor seems to be a Bluish-green color. Definitely not the TV shade, but seems slightly off from the Yamato color.

Thanks 505th! When you said grey, then it's more desaturated? Yeah, the Yamato ones are more on the bluish-green tint. And If you said that it's more grey, can you atleast verify if it has more blue or green tint? Thanks again!

I think using that hook in battroid mode for a long time with the boosters on the backpack also makes the hook loose. I can't swear to it but I've seen some loose hooks out there and that's my guess as to why.

Yeah that happened to me too with the armoured 1j release. It happened right after I used the hook in battroid with the super packs.

Ok, so I pulled out Ichijo and put it side by side with Roy's FP's, I'm going to say the Arcadia is the same color as the Arcadia. B))

Here's a couple of quickie pics! Hopefully Saburo can some better shots later on! B))

Thanks 505th for the pics! ;) But you got me confused there. When you said 'Arcadia is the same color as the Arcadia', did you meant the Valk whites? If you meant the SSP's, then the Arcadia one has the same color as the Yamato's? Is that correct? Anyways, from the looks of it, the only difference of both SSP armors would be the white parts of the missiles(?).

Again, thanks for this pic comparison. Can't wait to get mine so I can compare them myself. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm