Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Yeah that happened to me too with the armoured 1j release. It happened right after I used the hook in battroid with the super packs.

Not sure if this qualifies as o/t, but has anyone figured out a fix for that? My hook droops something fierce in fighter mode. I'm assuming the hook is attached to the backpack via a friction joint, but I'm hesitant to try and wiggle it out, for fear of breakage.

Not sure if this qualifies as o/t, but has anyone figured out a fix for that? My hook droops something fierce in fighter mode. I'm assuming the hook is attached to the backpack via a friction joint, but I'm hesitant to try and wiggle it out, for fear of breakage.

A little Future is great for fixing loose joints. Depending on where you are it may have different names. I'm in the western US and it is Pledge with Future. A drop on each side of the joint, let it fully dry, and no more loose joints. Sometimes multiple applications are required depending on the size and how loose the joint is.

My SV-51 was probably about the worst offender for loose joints. While most of them took application after application (especially the neck) I eventually got it to where they all hold their positions very well.

The hook, being a small joint with a fairly tight fit, would probably only take one application.

Will depend on what shipping type you used, and the day you requested shipping. If you ship via FedEx early in the week, I've gotten the package in 2-3 days, and EMS can be close to that as well, but may take quite a few days longer due to nothing but customs shenanigans.

Ordering Thursday or Friday may also rollover into the next week, even with fast shipping.

I went ahead and had hlj ship the Strike to me. It's been sitting there almost 30 days now. So how long does it generally take hlj to get your stuff to you?

I'm in Chicago, IL if that makes any difference.

I'm in Chicago as well and got my Roy from HLJ using EMS. They sent me a payment request on a Friday afternoon and I had it in hand Monday morning (that was the fastest that I've ever gotten a package from Japan). I think it all depends on flight schedules and how quickly it clears customs etc... I've had items sitting in customs for a few days before. Edited by Crossbones72

What?! There's no 3 top leg armor parts? Order cancelled.

Seriously though maybe I should get one just to get matching colored missiles .

Sort of a newbie to collecting Macross Valkyries, specifically Super/Strike Valkyries... what are the "3 top leg armor parts?"

Sort of a newbie to collecting Macross Valkyries, specifically Super/Strike Valkyries... what are the "3 top leg armor parts?"

It was meant to be a joke. The top leg armor parts is supposed to be the "calf" or rear of the leg armor. Someone mentioned the other super part tip for the booster was missing not realizing that the part was next to the leg armor parts and not a 3rd leg armor. If you ordered one you should be good.

Welcome to the forums. If you need to more info/reviews on valks you can check out anymoon.com. There are many more sites out there but I think that site has a lot of comparison pics to help you. You can also look through the newbie thread that's on the top of this forum.

Edited by wmkjr

It was meant to be a joke. The top leg armor parts is supposed to be the "calf" or rear of the leg armor. Someone mentioned the other super part tip for the booster was missing not realizing that the part was next to the leg armor parts and not a 3rd leg armor. If you ordered one you should be good.

Welcome to the forums. If you need to more info/reviews on valks you can check out anymoon.com. There are many more sites out there but I think that site has a lot of comparison pics to help you. You can also look through the newbie thread that's on the top of this forum.

Thank you, wmkjr! LOL, I get it now... :lol:

This Valkyrie looks absolutely beautiful!

Edited by TNT1120X

Is "never tell me the odds" there due to how brave you are to suspend your toys up in the air?

LOL, I know huh? But I trust Yeti makes a solid product that is designed to do this. I'm actually considering adding two more Valks to this stand when I get M&M if Yeti thinks it will hold.

As for the Han quote, I figured it would not only cover some holes I'm too lazy to fill, it also deflects some light away from the Valks just in case.

@Slave IV, What are those white shelf units you have on there? How are they attached to the wall.

I'm in the market for a somewhat similar solution, but the drywall in my nerd-cave is super thin.

@Slave IV, What are those white shelf units you have on there? How are they attached to the wall.

I'm in the market for a somewhat similar solution, but the drywall in my nerd-cave is super thin.

Those are the BOTKYRKA Wall shelfs from Ikea (also available in different colors). They have hangers on the back and I just drilled screws into the wall and hang the shelves on them. I can't remember but I think the hangers are adjustable to make it easy to line up to studs. They are cheap, sturdy, clean looking and very functional...best thing about them is they are metal, which allows you to do stuff like this (the magnetic Tachikoma):

Marvel_Anime_DSC04100_zps3brhthsf.jpg

Very nice, thanks! I'm gonna have to go get a few.

Those are the BOTKYRKA Wall shelfs from Ikea (also available in different colors). They have hangers on the back and I just drilled screws into the wall and hang the shelves on them. I can't remember but I think the hangers are adjustable to make it easy to line up to studs. They are cheap, sturdy, clean looking and very functional...best thing about them is they are metal, which allows you to do stuff like this (the magnetic Tachikoma):