Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Got mine on Wed, would have came in on Monday, but it was Labor Day so no mail service. Surprisingly for a movie special it surprisingly TV bright white instead of DYRL off white.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Like the original Arcadia release for the VF-1S (Roy/Hikaru)...."movie special" means DYRL anime colors....

So what your saying is that, Yamato got it wrong with their release of the DYRL Valkyries

Like the original Arcadia release for the VF-1S (Roy/Hikaru)...."movie special" means DYRL anime colors....

So what your saying is that, Yamato got it wrong with their release of the DYRL Valkyries

Doubt it.

If Yamato got it wrong, Bandai got it even wronger with their grey-ish HM-R Strike-Hikaru and Strike-Roy.

Also, Arcadia and correct colors are not quite compatible...

I don't remember it saying "movie special" so much as "Roy Focker Special Movie Edition."

Thing is, I think people are mis-associating "special" with "Movie Edition." Might be an older term, but I know I've heard Roy's VF-1S referred to before as the "Roy Focker Special."

I don't remember it saying "movie special" so much as "Roy Focker Special Movie Edition."Thing is, I think people are mis-associating "special" with "Movie Edition." Might be an older term, but I know I've heard Roy's VF-1S referred to before as the "Roy Focker Special."

Just responding to op's terminology....

With that said...not sure why Arcadia went with "special" instead of "type" (they went with "type" on the Hikaru release)...but the bottom line is they are movie versions which are referencing the way they are represented on film....which is bright white....

I think Yamato just wanted to differentiate between their tv and film versions....with tv being anime colored and dyrl versions being less anime colored....

Personally....if there ever was a definitive "real world" paint scheme for the VF-1's....I would say it would need to be based off how they are depicted by Tenjin or from the Sega Saturn DYRL intro video...

I think Yamato just wanted to differentiate between their tv and film versions....with tv being anime colored and dyrl versions being less anime colored....

Personally....if there ever was a definitive "real world" paint scheme for the VF-1's....I would say it would need to be based off how they are depicted by Tenjin or from the Sega Saturn DYRL intro video...

I like that 'intro' white. :wub:

Now come to think of it, seeing how the rear landing gear wheel turns on that intro makes me think which is the correct one now? :rolleyes:

Just responding to op's terminology....

With that said...not sure why Arcadia went with "special" instead of "type" (they went with "type" on the Hikaru release)...but the bottom line is they are movie versions which are referencing the way they are represented on film....which is bright white....

I agree. I think they are just having inconsistency. The so called "Hikaru Ichijo Type" and "Roy Focker Special" are basically the same thing which referred as exclusive paint scheme for a specific character, and it has nothing to do with movie or tv.

But at the end of the day, I think we're all done with DYRL Whites the moment Yamato closed shop. From here on forward it's going to be PinkPurpleWhite. ^_^

:o Holy!! It looks that way to you too. :o I thought it was just cause I had it under my desk light as I finished up on the decals.

Well, dunno.

Kaki's quite blue on that Sega intro...

Good thing we're just talking about white. But since the color blue is brought up, I'll agree that, yeah, Arcadia is not great with colors. :lol:

For Spanner's sake....let's hope that tweak comes on a Bandai DX and not an Arcadia V3! :rolleyes:

Hahaha! :lol: Can't imagine how Spanner will react on a V3 Arcadia VF-1's. :rolleyes::ph34r:

:o Holy!! It looks that way to you too. :o I thought it was just cause I had it under my desk light as I finished up on the decals.

Yes sir. It really changes depends on what type of light you uses. There's some time that it looks pinkish and some light tend to give it purple hue. So it's not bright white anymore. ^_^

That makes me love the earliest Yamato off-white more than anything else.

True and I agree. The only DYRL Hikaru VF-1A that I have doesn't have yellowing but in some certain light, it also give me different shades of off-white.

It appears there will be an October-reissue of the Strike Pink Purple Roy, per Ami:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-018953-S001

So if you somehow missed out on the previous preorder and you have around US$250 or so just burning a hole in your wallet, the October-reissue preorder is up and available at ami.

Not sure if any of the other shops are offering the preorder, tho.

It appears there will be an October-reissue of the Strike Pink Purple Roy, per Ami:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-018953-S001

So if you somehow missed out on the previous preorder and you have around US$250 or so just burning a hole in your wallet, the October-reissue preorder is up and available at ami.

Not sure if any of the other shops are offering the preorder, tho.

I noticed that today too as I was contemplating getting another one. I also noticed HLJ and NY still have them in stock and don't mention any other preorder so I wonder if this is just ami restocking?

Everyone should stop buying it so it has a chance of going on sale ;)

That concept is flawed. You can get the VF-1S for dirt cheap when it becomes shelfwarmer, but the line will be dropped.

On the real side, I'm tired to see the Roy's and Hikaru's VF-1S keep popping up. Most people who collect these already have one at the minimum, so what they need are the 2-seater and other paint schemes. Yet if the heroic paint schemes won't sell, why even bother to bring out the less popular Valkyrie schemes?

With that in mind, I'd say that the line is way over its peak. The $250 price tag makes things even worse.

I remember paying $70~90 for a single Valkyrie and $130~$150 for the bundle with fast pack when the line was fresh.

That concept is flawed. You can get the VF-1S for dirt cheap when it becomes shelfwarmer, but the line will be dropped.

On the real side, I'm tired to see the Roy's and Hikaru's VF-1S keep popping up. Most people who collect these already have one at the minimum, so what they need are the 2-seater and other paint schemes. Yet if the heroic paint schemes won't sell, why even bother to bring out the less popular Valkyrie schemes?

With that in mind, I'd say that the line is way over its peak. The $250 price tag makes things even worse.

I remember paying $70~90 for a single Valkyrie and $130~$150 for the bundle with fast pack when the line was fresh.

That depends...these things are already low quantity, high profit pieces and Arcadia already has all their stock sold to the point there may be a reissue going to amiami, which may be an additional little run or amiami is just aquiring a batch of extra existing product. The retailers are most likely making a decent chunk of change, even at clearance prices. Bottom line is Arcadia is already sold out and it will be sold out at retail within a year or so and none of the sales will be anything like 50% off.

The real issue for me with the new color is that it doesn't match what they already put out. If they were releasing the entire set of DYRL valks, it might not matter as much, but I've already got the whole Skull squad in matching styles. On top of that, they don't even match the existing strike parts I bought, since the missiles will all be off-white.

I picked up the Hikaru and Roy Arcadia releases just for the stands really, but they're so bulky I wound up never using them. All that leaves me with is a spare TV-color Roy, and a mismatched DYRL Hikaru that looks out of place. :p They're at the top of my list of valks to sell when I start running out of space.

They're still outstanding toys, I just wish they had kept their new releases consistent with the old ones. It's nice that they can release one for all the people that missed them the first time around, but I wonder if they're actually missing any sales from collectors who would've bought more if they matched.

I agree. And that's why I sold my DYRL Valks before. ;) And this is to make it more in-line with the rest of the white Valks that I have. I mean, VF-1 is the grand dad and since I'm just focused on Hikaru's at first, I don't want his Valk to have off-white and then the other ones are so bright/white. Hence the Arcadia reissues. I have two Hikaru's in hoping to change that to VF-1A since I have an extra DYRL Hikaru 1A, ignoring the decal and whatnot. But seeing that Roy got reissued with Packs, then if they decide to do Hikaru again, I'm all for it. Just to have that white consistency. And decide later on what to do with the first Arcadia Hikaru's I have. ^_^