IXTL

Too bad that you must live in Japan to order one. <_<

You can use a forwarding agent like Tenso to buy from there. I bought my vf-171 from there and if you ship two of them, the cost to Australia which should be the same as US is 4,700 Yen with 980 Tenso fee.

Perhaps, japan local retailers are allowed to return excess stock back to Bandai if they can't sell it who on forward to places like Amiami, Hobby Search. Good time for those who are interested in picking one up now.

Let see how the RVF-25 goes coming out this month. I might be looking to pick up another one and it might follow similar to the VF-171 as I don't see the RVF-25 being a popular variant as well.

Does anyone know if the RVF-171 is the same color as the VF-171 CF (not the Luca color scheme of course)? I might pickup another CF and convert it into RVF-171. I don't know if Bandai will ever release a RVF-171 or not.

Does anyone know if the RVF-171 is the same color as the VF-171 CF (not the Luca color scheme of course)? I might pickup another CF and convert it into RVF-171. I don't know if Bandai will ever release a RVF-171 or not.

The color scheme should be like this according to macross mecha manual.

The head and canopy model is the same as Alto Ex than this CF version.

Guest davidwhangchoi

sold out at HS but still available at amiami for 12500 yen. This is bottom.

though i ended up selling mine to another, i hope you finally got one zzgundam010!!!

I only got one at N-Y's original 17K yen price and I feel the same way... could've save $50+ if I'd waited. Live and learn. <_<

Well, I feel the same way. But if it didn't become available now, and you passed on NY, you'd have no toy. Given what a pain in the *** these toys are to acquire I think we all jump when they are available. <_<

Anyway, I snagged a far cheaper one on Ami Ami last night. I hope it's less dinged up than my first one.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Indeed I did. I don't think it will get any lower. I like amiami much much better than NY.

congrats! i think it worked out for all of us:)

I didn't think Bandai would make a very large run of the CF 171 honestly. I wonder if they'd even bother with a Luca version. The Alto one was still available after it went on sale and this CF one seems to be in even more abundance. Luca isn't really popular at all. Also, bad sales for this CF 171 don't bode well for a CF 25... which was already a pipe dream for most of us.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I didn't think Bandai would make a very large run of the CF 171 honestly. I wonder if they'd even bother with a Luca version. The Alto one was still available after it went on sale and this CF one seems to be in even more abundance. Luca isn't really popular at all. Also, bad sales for this CF 171 don't bode well for a CF 25... which was already a pipe dream for most of us.

yeah, we had this discussion prior, i think bandai may have printed a bit more since the frontier renewals have such a huge demand seeing the market prices and i think they want to make money.

we'll know for sure when vf-25F alto comes out if it's widely avail.

the other sign was that otacute took a second batch of pre-orders for the alto 25F before they went out of business which made me suspicious that bandai is producing more of these giving more allotment of pre-orders. (this is just a suspicion and obviously an opinion and i could be wrong)

but can't disagree that people are overall not interested in luca's or the 171's vs. the vf-25 "F" or "S" in Japan by these auction prices going on for the cf171.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

yeah, we had this discussion prior, i think bandai may have printed a bit more since the frontier renewals have such a huge demand seeing the market prices and i think they want to make money.

we'll know for sure when vf-25F alto comes out if it's widely avail.

the other sign was that otacute took a second batch of pre-orders for the alto 25F before they went out of business which made me suspicious that bandai is producing more of these giving more allotment of pre-orders. (this is just a suspicion and obviously an opinion and i could be wrong)

but can't disagree that people are overall not interested in luca's or the 171's vs. the vf-25 "F" or "S" in Japan by these auction prices going on for the cf171.

I think the huge demand is partially created by scrapper placing large pre-ordrers. I do agree that Bandai seems to be producing more. Just look at the seemingly unlimited vf-27 super NY has been able to offer.

Eh, it's a pretty stupid situation caused by all the pre-order nonsense. With the initial VF-25F run, I don't think anyone trusted Bandai to make a good product, and pre-orders lasted a good long time. I was able to get a one at HLJ easily a few weeks after the initial opening.

By the time the pre-orders for Ozma opened, Alto hadn't even hit shelves yet, so there was still no way to tell if they weren't going to be lemons. Ozma's pre-orders picked up after Alto's came out.

After they were all sold out and demand shot up, scalpers started grabbing up the pre-orders for the other releases like crazy, hoping to cash in. To a point they've been successful, only because they drove the perceived demand through the roof.

At some point, the false demand created by the scalpers is going to dry up. We're getting close, and the 171CF is good evidence of how it works. If no one buys the inflated prices, all those pre-orders get cancelled, and the webshops get left with piles of stock they can't liquidate, because no one actually wanted the items, they just wanted to resell them for a mark-up profit that people are getting tired of paying.

I want to say I've been pretty lucky overall, since looking back, I think the only Bandai releases I've purchased so far at any real amount of markup were the 171CF, and my upcoming Luca. I would cancel the Luca too, but that's a gamble I don't really care to take.

It is irritating seeing stuff go on sale for a third less than you pre-ordered it for, but Bandai has never really worked like Yamato used to, so you really can't count on the clearance sales. They also didn't help Yamato in the end, because people started waiting for the sales before buying things.

Sheesh, I finally tried transforming mine tonight and I got pwned going from gerwalk to batroid!! At the point where the chest is made. . . couldn't pull the head up and couldn't get the cockpit out. Ended up being a floppy mess in my hands. Oh well, at least nothing was broken and the paintjob is flawless on mine.

Eager to go at it again tomorrow with manual in one arm and youtube on the other. I love these complex transformations. Feels like I should get a reward at the end.

Wow... bummer that the 171's dropped in price this much but oh well, that's the market for you.

Did I overpay for the 171's I bought? No, because I was willing to pay the marked up price at the time of preorder because they were worth that much to me.

I think after this a lot of retailers may start requiring down-payments on preorders. With Scalpers hogging up huge amounts of preorders Bandai misread the queues and produces more 171's to meet the artificially increased demand. Now with all the scalpers gone they're stuck with a crapton of deadstock.

Or.... bandai could always freaking change how they manage their preorders so that we don't have this bullcrap in the first place :D

Edited by Duymon

Make sure you turn the neck around, not just the head.

Yeah I tried, but the back spine was hard to pry off the back with the legs and backpack pushing it up against the body. Didn't have enough clearance to rotate the entire head and neck with my huge fingers. I'll try again when I have more time.

Oh and just after one transformation those black triangle pieces underneath the exhausts that are supposed to unlock the shoulder pieces so they can rotate, they show stress cracks at the pins. So I removed them from the valk and stored them back in the box before they break.

Edited by grymg