IXTL

Good to know I'm not getting gouged on shipping. I would have actually gone with HLJ because of their customer service and Private Warehouse system, but it's hard to ignore HS's better price, and they reopened first.

Edit: HLJ has just gone from "Order Stop" to "Discontinued", just like with the VF-25F. It doesn't mean that they won't reopen, but the chances are now diminished.

Edited by mechaninac

Mine is still sitting in the HLJ warehouse waiting to be shipped. Created the order last week so hopefully they come out of their holiday with a good spirit and processing my order fast. :D

So it looks like the Frontier drought is finally over. Can't wait for a more relaxed ordering procedure with the YF-30. Make one Bandai pretty please. :)

(...) I do realize that Murphy's Law of buying stuff on the Internet is going to dictate that HLJ will probably get loads more in stock by tomorrow, at 20k each :unsure:

I hate being (almost) right :angry: .

I'm tempted to get another one at HS, but it would be a rage-buy, so I really shouldn't do it.

So it looks like the Frontier drought is finally over. Can't wait for a more relaxed ordering procedure with the YF-30. Make one Bandai pretty please. :)

I'd say it's mostly over... 3 for 4. Of the last 4 Frontier DX general releases, only the 25F reissue has proven to be a PITA to get at, or below, retail... character popularity really does count for a lot.

I sure hope Bandai does release a YF-30, but I'd rather they make it a Tamashii Webshop exclusive. As for other future DXs, all I need is a reissue of Ozma's VF-25S in order to complete my collection, the A is already preordered, and if a FV-27 Grace and/or CF gets made (Tamashii please) that would be icing on the cake. With the exception of the Ozma -- a must get piece that will be just as scarce at retail as Alto's, anything frontier related will need to be secured at/bellow MSRP or I'm skipping it.

I'm sure we're going to hear about a 25S re-release any day. And maybe shortly thereafter we'll hear about a YF-29 Ozma custom (fingers crossed).

Yeah. I would think the VF-25S reissue shouldn't be too far away. Would be nice to see YF-29 Ozma.

Deciding whether to pay for the huge premium on the VF-25F super parts now or regret it later when it goes up even more. Or buy it now and then regret it should Bandai bundle it up with a reissue. For those who are hoping for the VF-25S to be reissued and think it most likely will, should consider looking at the Armored or Super parts now before the prices goes up even more.

Nice, got one! Thanks Cinello!

Could perhaps have gotten a 1000 yen discount if I had waited for HLJ to get a restock, but on the other hand, that might never have happened or I might have missed it. This will be my second Bandai renewal and I hope it will be as good as my RVF-25 that came yesterday.

Look at all these restocks at or bellow MSRP! Not only the 27, but also Alto's 25. I'm so glad I didn't succumb to panic and overspend with N-Y or Nin Nin this time around. In the future I'm still going to try to preorder if I happen to be awake when they open, but I won't sweat it if I come up empty, and I'm done with N-Y, or any other vendor that charges more than 1000 Yen over retail for preorders; N-Y will still be the go-to place for Tamashii stuff but not for regular releases.

Look at all these restocks at or bellow MSRP! Not only the 27, but also Alto's 25. I'm so glad I didn't succumb to panic and overspend with N-Y or Nin Nin this time around. In the future I'm still going to try to preorder if I happen to be awake when they open, but I won't sweat it if I come up empty, and I'm done with N-Y, or any other vendor that charges more than 1000 Yen over retail for preorders; N-Y will still be the go-to place for Tamashii stuff but not for regular releases.

Agreed.

This is quite possibly a really silly question but, is it physically possible to fit the super parts from this release onto the V.1 release without modification?

Good question. I'll try fitting the leg, shoulder and arm parts but I think the backpack will be a problem because I don't think the v.1 has holes on its back. Haven't really done a side by side comparison yet.

Guest davidwhangchoi

all the scalpers moved on from Bandai valks since on yahoo and amazon japan their isn't much profit due to ample supply and refreshes of stock. retailers are still overly cautions in taking early bird pre-orders, limiting the numbers to very low pre-orders. as Bandai's prior short conservative supply hurt a few retailer's customer relationships from cancellations due to lack of adequate supply.

Wondering when the tornados will come out?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Agreed.

Good question. I'll try fitting the leg, shoulder and arm parts but I think the backpack will be a problem because I don't think the v.1 has holes on its back. Haven't really done a side by side comparison yet.

The backpack on the v.1 had a pair of holes for attaching the fold booster, no idea if that's what they used to connect the booster though.

It would be cool to be able to deck the v1 out in super parts since the fast packs add more to the design in fighter mode (imo) which is the one mode the v.1 is still perfectly passable in.

Woohoo!!! Thank you guys... I slept and missed out on HS but got in at Ami Ami. I'm not a fan of them calculating shipping after the order, how much are you getting for registered SAL to N.A.?

Edited by wm cheng

The backpack on the v.1 had a pair of holes for attaching the fold booster, no idea if that's what they used to connect the booster though.

It would be cool to be able to deck the v1 out in super parts since the fast packs add more to the design in fighter mode (imo) which is the one mode the v.1 is still perfectly passable in.

You're right. I forgot about the fold booster. I'll try it out later and post some pics if it works. =)

Just got mine. Camera's busted, cellphone pic at the mo.

img_5488.jpg

Weakest mode is Gerwalk. The support bar that is being used does not clip well into the crotch piece. Because of the renewal design, the crotch piece pops off everytime I tried to connect the support bar into the groove. And the die-cast swing bar/clip on mine are quite loose in Gerwalk mode.

But Battriod and Fighter modes are bad ass.

You're right. I forgot about the fold booster. I'll try it out later and post some pics if it works. =)

I went back and looked at Gamu toy's photos: the backpack uses the notches for the fold booster and an extra pair of holes for the further forward that the v1 does not have. There are also holes in the forearms and notches in the shoulders that are new.

such frakkin nonsense. it was in my cart and i was checking out and it sells before i do? thats bullshit

lol u were too slow...

I got mine and when I was done...I went back still and was still available ....

people are waiting and keep refreshing ....I think!

yeah but if its in ur cart it should not be sold

yes and no since if everyone has it in their cart ....does it means that the store should not sell?

for a buyer point of view I agree

but for a seller point of view I don't

some people are just not sure and put it in the cart