34 minutes ago, hachi said:

Thanks no3Ljm, it's a nice price, but I don't like creating new accounts only for these figures just yet. Fortunately they are not TWE but I wish Bandai would re-release soon while I still have the budget for it :D

I was wondering why you didn't want to create new accounts for those toys. Only to realize that you're in the Philippines. ^_^ Have you tried GreatToys? Or any shops at Greenhills?

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I was wondering why you didn't want to create new accounts for those toys. Only to realize that you're in the Philippines. ^_^ Have you tried GreatToys? Or any shops at Greenhills?

I prefer getting them online from JP shops as they are generally cheaper. And shopping online with a credit card means I don't feel as much guilt versus having to physically get the money from my wallet :lol:

Well, I went ahead and nabbed an Endgame MK85 on Jungle, about $85 shipped isn't terrible. Widow and Cap will be here Thursday, Tony by Friday or Saturday, got Hawkeye at NY, and Hulk at BBTS, which oddly enough, hasn't adjusted their insane price for Endgame Hawkeye yet, him and Hulk are both TWE but they are attempting to charge more for Hawkeye then Hulk. Go figure.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:45 AM, Tking22 said:

Well, I went ahead and nabbed an Endgame MK85 on Jungle, about $85 shipped isn't terrible. Widow and Cap will be here Thursday, Tony by Friday or Saturday, got Hawkeye at NY, and Hulk at BBTS, which oddly enough, hasn't adjusted their insane price for Endgame Hawkeye yet, him and Hulk are both TWE but they are attempting to charge more for Hawkeye then Hulk. Go figure.

Wow, Jungle’s site has been down so long I thought they were done

Hot damn thank you Bandai, I almost wasted money on a loose Scarlett Witch legends set, now I can just get what I want.

14 minutes ago, tekering said:

Geez, couldn't they get the likeness rights from Elizabeth Olsen?  :huh:

That's hardly any better than Hasbro's!  

Gotta disagree, this looks immensely better then the Legends figure, looks fantastic.

12 minutes ago, Mommar said:

When do both of these go up for pre-order?

...I guess I should have checked NY before asking this.  Anybody see these up for pre-order anyplace else?

Already pre-ordered Scarlet Witch at Anime Export. Skipped Spidey as I'm done with MCU figures after Endgame.

13 minutes ago, Mommar said:

When do both of these go up for pre-order?

...I guess I should have checked NY before asking this.  Anybody see these up for pre-order anyplace else?

They're both TWE so probably just NY and AE for now. I'm sure Bluefin will at least release Wanda since she's an Infinity War release, don't know about Spidey, Bluefin didn't bother with a single Endgame release, so I don't know if Endgame and beyond are being skipped.

I got them both.  Far From Home is still part of Phase 3 and I'm a big old Spider-Man fan (plus I like the look of the Stealth Suit.)  Unless they come out with some of those older figures, like Cap in WWII or the older Avengers-style Hulk I'm not buying anything new that doesn't blow my mind in the looks department (or they finally make a fricking Vision.)

• 2 weeks later...

Jiren is up for PO on BBTS through Bluefin USA, nabbed mine, looks good. Such a shame the Ultra Instinct Goku looks lazy as all hell.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/97090

image.png.a715a5d3bc9c538c29b369d36cfc54f2.png

Ultra Instinct Goku is quite a massive disappointment IMO, the body looks fantastic, but the hair is the laziest crap I've seen from the Figuarts Dragonball line, Saiyan Raised on Earth Goku hair painted silver? Really Bandai? I read it was a prototype, obviously, and that it may change, but I'm highly doubtful. Will pass if so, that's too half ass for me to pay full money, I'd go Demoniacal Fit at that point.

image.png.a67b100933cf18818fd47702e1da3940.png

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I don’t collect Dragonball but both of those figures look great.

Goku is almost there, Bandai just cheaped out and used the standard Son Goku black hair and painted it silver. The Ultra Instinct hair has slightly more flair and lift to it, the hair just isn't there, which for most Dragonball fans is quite important, these little changes make the difference between all the other forms.

image.thumb.png.a1c7390263af190dde81da9c69c3eedf.png

8 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Just when you thought Goku has reached his max potential they just add on to it by changing his hair color. This is getting lame.

Eh, it's Dragonball, it's still shonen, you're either on board or you're not. If you watched Super you'd know Ultra Instinct wasn't just a hair color change, Goku's fighting style completely changed into something never before seen in Dragonball. His fighting style changed, mannerisms, attitude, etc., it was far more then a hair color change power up like Super Saiyan Blue.

39 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Their designs are fine and in my head cannon they both get old and remain friends.

That's the advantage of having action figures: you can recreate the movie that should've been.

reunion.thumb.jpg.a80c787fcb1ef2b3478b4df5fd2e5f1e.jpg

Yeah, I'm talking to you, J.J.  You could've reunited all these characters for The Force Awakens -- Lucasfilm brought all the actors back for you -- but instead, you kept them all apart, and now half of them are dead.  :cray:

9 minutes ago, tekering said:

That's the advantage of having action figures: you can recreate the movie that should've been.

Yeah, I'm talking to you, J.J.  You could've reunited all these characters for The Force Awakens -- Lucasfilm brought all the actors back for you -- but instead, you kept them all apart, and now half of them are dead.  :cray:

I sincerely think Disney brought back our beloved characters purely as bait. They payed them as little as possible for a little exposure, to introduce new characters and sell more toys. Then they hired Ruin Johnson, and let him do whatever he wanted with the story, which made it worse. This was all about money and not passion. They never cared about our beloved characters, or Us.

Sorry, but this is the bad taste Disney left in my mouth, and it is hard to wash off. 

4 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

oh god, the Star Wars Ebola is spreading to other threads. Somebody call the CDC. :bad:

I am sorry, but sadly this is my very humble and personal opinion. I wish i was as happy as i am with Avengers Infinity wars & Endgame. Disney owns Marvel, and nothing but love to the characters and to the audience is what i feel. Sadly i don't collect Marvel, but those movies make want to start a collection. I loved the 3 Spiderman movies they produced, including The Spiderverse. There is proper love and attention to those movies. There is proper understanding of the characters, and what their intentions are. 

Is it so bad to wish for the same love and attention for a Star wars movie?

@tekering That is an awesome shot!

Edited by vlenhoff

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

First review of Vega is up now.

The figure looks good. The body and paint look well done.

The face is on par with other SHF releases - ie. simpler in sculpt and details from the old SOTA line or a Storm Collectibles fig, if Storm did a Vega.

Funny, that stage isn't tournament legal since it gives him that wall jump move that no one else has, though he's generally considered a bottom tier character in SFV.

I already have the SOTA claw, but this looks awfully tempting.

Edited by Mazinger

17 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

The figure looks good. The body and paint look well done.

The face is on par with other SHF releases - ie. simpler in sculpt and details from the old SOTA line or a Storm Collectibles fig, if Storm did a Vega.

Funny, that stage isn't tournament legal since it gives him that wall jump move that no one else has, though he's generally considered a bottom tier character in SFV.

I already have the SOTA claw, but this looks awfully tempting.

It was a web exclusive so it'll be available less places.

18 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Whaaat? A multinational corporation like Disney only cares about making money? What other valuable insights do you have? I'd love to subscribe to your newsletter. ;)

I'd refer you to the Avenger series. It is a love letter to both the characters and the audience. My post is not one about hate, but disappointment. They did an incredible job with Marvel, why drop the ball with star wars? If you can explain that to me, I will be delighted.

I know, I know, i can read the sarcasm in your post, and yes, it is > > > :5:

Still, I struggle to think why can Disney excel in a very complicated license like marvel, yet they fail in a more straight forward license like Star wars. Ever since Civil war, i kept thinking, there is no way they will be able to balance the stories of so many characters in one movie, but ever since avengers, they did it time and again, beautifully. [IMHO] Then infinity wars and End game came along and I am still blown away by them. I watched those movies at least 3 times in the theater, with different groups of friends.

I'm just teasing you, my friend. :D

But whether it's Star Wars or Marvel, Disney as a whole is here to make money. 

Robert Downey Jr may have loved being Iron Man, but he certainly didn't do it for free. I've heard he's made over $100 million personally from it. 

And it's not as if Disney intentionally made the Last Jedi terrible because they were "only interested in the money." They paid a lot of money for the franchise and it's in their best interest financially to make a good movie and keep audiences coming back. 

(Which begs the question of why they'd let the chuckleheads who ran Game of Thrones into the ground anywhere near Star Wars.) 

@Lolicon I never for an instant thought they produced these movies for pure passion. if that was the case, quite a few movies would be closer to a masterpiece. The money making has to be balanced with passion, and only then, you get the best of both worlds. If they produced a well written, compelling movie, more people would watch it several times, and bigger fans would buy all of the related collectibles. We all know Merch and super loyal fans is what kept Star wars alive for so long. [Among other franchises]

I agree, Game of Thrones bit the dust spectacularly. Yet a close fiend of mine and a super fan of the franchise argues that it was done the correct way. This is the problem with "superfans" blinded by a license. They will bypass and excuse any mistake as long as the "game of thrones" logo is slapped on to it. [in some ways it is like our current political climate]

@Mommar, are you referring to Captain Marvel? I personally liked the Spidey movies. 

Edited by vlenhoff