DX VF-25G

zulu

I honestly don't know why everyone was so concerned with the rifle... the model mounts it just fine. It does, however, stick waaaayyyyy out the back. ^_^

The bending though.. ugh.. You'd think after.. how many years has Bandai been making toys now? And they still don't understand how to prevent parts from warping? Or is this just a "We don't care about Macross" thing?

Funny thing about the painting though.. seems like they're still ignoring the canon colors for Michael's plane. Looks like they got the underside of the nose colored as in the anime finally, but they're still forgetting the fact that the VF-25G doesn't use black paint. It's actually a darker blue-ish purple. Even the anti-glare panel on th enose and the tails aren't really black.

I'm not really going to complain about that, since I think the black looks nicer anyway, but it's sad they just can't seem to figure out how to watch their own source material for reference. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal

Yep, just got my confirmation as well. :)

Now the wait begins until Luca's gets announced. I'm not so concerned about Michael's super packs (but will probably grab a set if they come with the speakers and/or fold booster), but I really hope they just bundle Luca's. I don't think he ever actually had them off in the series anyway. Hopefully they'll include the ghosts too, but I'm not going to get my hopes up much.

Hooray, I got my notification as well from NY. If anyone is still looking to buy the VF-25G, you could still get it at NY for $238.32 + shipping fees ... the caveat though is that the price is subject to change the longer you wait (i.e., the price increases with more demand) ... just sayin' ...

Order placed! Hope this is good. I just placed this order by the skin of my teeth. It's now back on "Order Stop."

Edited by xrentonx

Hobby Search in stock now. Be quick before it's gone.

http://www.1999.co.jp/item_cart_e.asp?piece=1&Cart=1&It_c=10188591&Typ1_c=111

Limited to 1 per household, ouch. Picked one up anyway as backup.

OMG, wow, sold out... wonder if I got the last one.

Edited by Phalanix

OMG, wow, sold out... wonder if I got the last one.

Yeah seems like most places are limiting to 1 per order/household. HLJ, AmiAmi are the same as well.

At least Hobby Search appeared to have lasted longer than HLJ.

Are you guys assuming that there'll be no additional units for sale after the initial pre-order run or what? I never bought the previous vf-25(s) so I don't know how their production run is.

Other than the Alto being semi-easy to find after pre-orders were up, once it was known the quality on the V2's was good there has been next to zero chance of getting one after pre-order runs for Ozma, the 171 (there was a small window), the reissued 29 and (again, except for this tiny window now apparently) the G. It's pretty much a guarantee there won't be additional units unless Bandai magically figured out what it's done wrong with the other releases. Better safe to assume you won't be finding one for under $400 for the time being if you haven't already pre-ordered.