DX VF-25G

zulu

By the way, how did you manage to find out about the open pre-order?

I was online at that exact moment, and luckily was checking the stock status of VF-25 model kits (which where reissued recently). Then I noticed the opening of the DX VF-25G preorder among the other items.

I don't know when did it got open, but after I made the post here, the preorder only lasted about 15 minutes...

Wow ..... this isnt right!?!?!?!?! ..... I missed this pre-order batch. What would the chances be that the VF-25g DXs would be like the VF-171 in that HLJ had extras when released? The reason why I am asking is that I was able to order a VF-171 right after it was released.

Probably but could be less. When HLJ first offered the VF-171EX, it lasted way longer and it was limited to 3 per customer and not 1 per customer. Whatever quantity Bandai allocated the VF-25G to them probably is significantly much lesser than the VF-171EX.

It's actually getting very frustrating. The VF-25F and VF-25S was much more easier to obtain. I got both from Amiami which is almost impossible now to preorder from, and could have easily gotten a lot more from HLJ as well.

Glad I was able to secure a copy with AE when they opened their preorder for the 25G a couple of months back; other than having to pay up-front, the price was decent and I got to skip all the subsequent drama.

...The VF-25F and VF-25S was much more easier to obtain. I got both from Amiami which is almost impossible now to preorder from, and could have easily gotten a lot more from HLJ as well.

The F and S were unique in that when the F was released, the only frames of reference people had for the toy's quality were the V1 and the YF-29. There was no overwhelming demand yet as people did not know if the renewals would be worth getting. And the S was opened for preorder before the F was released, so that a lot of people procrastinated, myself included, in pulling the trigger until reviews or personal experience with Alto's 25. Therefore, the preorder windows for the F and S lasted quite a bit of time, but once the cat was out of the bag on how good the renewals were, all bets were off and we've been chasing these things like heroin junkies suffering from withdrawl ever since.

Edited by mechaninac

Oy...I can't believe I missed the HLJ preorder. I shoulda paid attention to the page scanner when it went off instead of Youtube. I guess my backup order with Nippon Yasan I made weeks ago will be my main order unless I can make it happen with HLJ later (if anyone cancels their preorder). Win some, lose some, I guess.

Nippon Yasan, it's time to impress me! I don't give this chance to a lot of places outside of HLJ -_-

I wonder which way Luca's pre-order will go. Bandai might anticipate his being the least popular and cut down the unit production even more drastically making it near impossible to get or it could go the other way and they produce at least the same number of units as Michael's and fewer people might decide to buy it, thus making it a bit easier to buy then the 25G. Thus far, it seems the 25G was the hardest (for me) to get at MSRP or below. I guess the YF-29 Skull leader repaint was probably harder, but I had no interest in getting it, so I don't really know how difficult it was since I didn't even try. The trend seems to point to Luca's RVF-25 being near impossible to get other than from scalpers if things continue the way they're going.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I think the same, Luca might be hard to get since his character was not that popular and Bandai might even produce less units that Michaels. But hell will break down when they decide to make Breras renewal, that would really be fun to watch. I imagine something like Bandai throwing 10 boxes at a time into a cage and everyone jumping inside and steeping on each other heads just to get one. If we went through all this to get a 25G and some of us couldn't get it anyway, the run for the 27 will be insane.

I think the same, Luca might be hard to get since his character was not that popular and Bandai might even produce less units that Michaels. But hell will break down when they decide to make Breras renewal, that would really be fun to watch. I imagine something like Bandai throwing 10 boxes at a time into a cage and everyone jumping inside and steeping on each other heads just to get one. If we went through all this to get a 25G and some of us couldn't get it anyway, the run for the 27 will be insane.

Macross Cage Fight! Hell that might be a better option than all this nonsense....at least then I'd have a fighting chance to get one! :lol:

Also everyone is suddenly talking about Luca....has the RVF been confirmed somewhere and I just missed it? Or is everyone just figuring it to be a given?

While I've been fortunate to get every Bandai release so far, this whole debacle over limited quantities has kinda turned me off to what they're making. I stopped caring about the YF-29 due to it, and the first version was just too bright. The same thing is happening with the VF-29 anniversary version, and I no longer care about that one, and with the way HLJ, and all these sites are treating the 25G, I've pretty much lost interest in that as well. If I am able to get one great, but I'm not going to stress it, or even bother to have it be a point of contention with me. My main focuses are the VF-4, to continue on designing the 1/60 VA-3, and working on a 1/60 shuttle that Misa and Kaifun get caught in, in DYRL. Aside from those, if things sell out, oh well.

While I've been fortunate to get every Bandai release so far, this whole debacle over limited quantities has kinda turned me off to what they're making. I stopped caring about the YF-29 due to it, and the first version was just too bright. The same thing is happening with the VF-29 anniversary version, and I no longer care about that one, and with the way HLJ, and all these sites are treating the 25G, I've pretty much lost interest in that as well. If I am able to get one great, but I'm not going to stress it, or even bother to have it be a point of contention with me. My main focuses are the VF-4, to continue on designing the 1/60 VA-3, and working on a 1/60 shuttle that Misa and Kaifun get caught in, in DYRL. Aside from those, if things sell out, oh well.

One of the reasons I got out of collecting Macross Valks years back was that it seemed like reissue after reissue. When you look at things like the VF-2SS, VA-3, VF-5000, SDP-1, SW-XAII, Octos, Destroid Giant Monster, VF-XX, Metal Siren, and others you're left scratching your head as to why the toy companies just won't make anything new when there is so much cool stuff to tap into. Especially given the after market price points we're seeing for these reissue DX Figures....the VF-25S & F going for $400+ and the old version VF-27s going for even higher than that sometimes. It's absurd. You can't tell me that Bandai actually thinks it makes financial sense to sell a figure to amiami/hlj/etc for at most ~$80-100, the retailer sell the figure to a scalper for maybe twice that, and it doesn't reach the actual consumer until the scalper has sold it for $400-500. So Bandai makes what? Probably $50 or so on the sale after manufacturing costs are deducted but the process yields up to $400+ for everyone else who touches the item?!?! Here's a thought...just make a few more units, charge 50% more and actually keep the money for yourself! Instead they seem to have decided they are in the business of making money for ebay....now that's a smart business model with long term sustainability!!! :blink:

And with reissue valks going for these prices you cannot tell me that fans would not pay for the far more unique mechs I mentioned above. For crying out loud if Max Factory can make a $400 Big-O you can't tell me that Bandai/Yamato/Whomever can't make something other than the small handful of mechs we're seeing that they're making us fight for like caged animals. Honestly I'm not putting any more effort into this. I've never in my life observed a company that people are waving money at refuse to provide the products desired. It's stunning to the point that Bandai deserves to go out of business and every single one of their employees lose their jobs for not kicking management in the rear for refusing to actually make money. Yes, I said it and I mean it. Bandai deserves to go under and those of you employed by them should lose your jobs. Or you could actually point out to your employer that selling less unit than possible and making sure that only the scalpers profit from this doesn't put food on YOUR tables and maybe, just maybe, you should refocus the business model on maximizing profits and taking care of the customers....holy crap! What a concept! I must have just discovered some brilliant new economic insight that no one else in history has ever considered! No...nevermind, that couldn't possibly double Bandai's profits on the line. :lol:

At one point I was going through a nightly routine where I had every legit retail sight bookmarked and would check each of them every 15-20 minutes during a block of time over a few hours at night (which conicided with the usual times Amiami/HLJ/et al. tend to update). Now I was able to do this because I'm up late on the computer anyways but finally I said enough of this. I check the sites whenever it strikes my fancy and if these companies decide that during the worst economic period in most of our lifetimes they want to actually make some money and pay their bills they'll provide me with a chance to buy their product. If not....honestly, at this point...the hell with them....

Meanwhile garage kit manufacturers, studio half eye, and the like can somehow make the non-standard valks even though they operate on a shoestring budget compare to Bandai or Yamato, so if those two companies can't manage to getting around to providing us with something other than one reissue after another then the hell with them for that reason as well...

Oddly enough the only reason I got back in to Macross was late last year when NCS (ncsx.com) stocked the SDF-1 I though it would be really cool to own such an iconic piece from a beloved childhood series. So I jumped back in with that, the web shop weathered yf-19, and a few others. The only reason I bothered with the reissue DX line was that I was out of collecting when the version 1 figures released and only began to look at them later at after market prices which seemed exorbantly high (especially for the armored versions). So when the renewal line was announced it made sense to jump in...but this whole process is absurd and insulting. If I can purchase the remaining valks at retail price I'll do so but not for the scalped prices. And if I miss out...well Bandai I have news for you guys, these are only toys and I really can just do without.

Luca renewel pre-order and release has already come and gone, we all missed it. ^_^

It was a special lottery. You had to stand in line at 1 of 3 Lawson Convience Stores in Japan. If you received a golden ticket you were invited to the Bandai Bukkake Party. If you endured the BBP as a "recipient" for at least 25 minutes then you received a special box of Macross Pocky. Inside was a passcode to enter online. The passcode then gave access to a special twitter feed which you had to monitor 24 hours a day. A website link was posted on the twitter feed for approximately 5 minutes that led to an online map that 12 users were able to download. The online map directed these twelve winners to an old warehouse in Shinjuku with instructions to arrive at midnight on August 1st. Inside the warehouse was a table with sharp instruments and dental tools across from a table with the 3 units of the RVF-25Renewal Version that Bandai created. The three units were guarded by a dozen butcher's-knife-wielding-yakuza. Suffice to say expect a yen pricing of at least 328,950 when these units first reach ebay.

Has something been shuffled around? I could have sworn there was a release in August for either this or the 17D but now it's looking like everything is at least a month behind what i thought.

Pretty sure they've always been September releases. But dunno the date.

You might be thinking of the VF-19F, that's being released at the end of this month.

Far as I remember, the VF-25G is set for September, the VF-17D for October, VF-19P for November, and the VF-4 in December... and that's following up the VF-25S, the VF-25 super pack releases, the YF-29 re-release, the Yamato option-part re-releases, the VF-171EX, the Cavaliers VF-1, the VF-25 armor packs....

Seriously... for years, everyone was sad because no one was making valks.. now we're getting one a month. :lol: It feels like it's been almost a solid valk per month for most of this year. Continue into last year, and you had the fall occupied by the VF-19S, VF-25F, VF-17S.. The fan in me is happy, but my wallet is holding a gun to my credit cards. :ph34r:

You might be thinking of the VF-19F, that's being released at the end of this month.

Far as I remember, the VF-25G is set for September, the VF-17D for October, VF-19P for November, and the VF-4 in December... and that's following up the VF-25S, the VF-25 super pack releases, the YF-29 re-release, the Yamato option-part re-releases, the VF-171EX, the Cavaliers VF-1, the VF-25 armor packs....

Seriously... for years, everyone was sad because no one was making valks.. now we're getting one a month. :lol: It feels like it's been almost a solid valk per month for most of this year. Continue into last year, and you had the fall occupied by the VF-19S, VF-25F, VF-17S.. The fan in me is happy, but my wallet is holding a gun to my credit cards. :ph34r:

At least you have a CC to buffer your spending.... I got rid of mine a long time ago I do everything purely on debit or paypal now. But yeah this feels like one of the longest release streaks in a long time. It's getting hard to remember which releases I have to pay for next lol. I am not complaining though, Bandai and Yamato, MAKE IT RAIN!!!! :D

Huh, I'm all confused. I could have sworn the F was October and the D was August or September but sure enough the websites are saying the F is August. That's a hell of a streak really. F beginning of September. G beginning of October (likely anyway), D beginning of November, P beginning of December and VF-4 in January... this is murder man. And that's not even considering the possibility of Luca's 25, or 171 and/or a CF 171 appearing sometime between now and then.

Edited by Mommar

VF-19F Emerald Force (Pre-order Aug)

DX Chogokin VF-25G Messiah Renewal version Micheal Custom (Pre-order Sept)

VF-17D with Super Pack (Pre-order Oct)

DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal 30th Anniversary (Pre-order Oct)

Armored Parts Set for DX Chogokin VF-171EX Nightmare Plus EX(Pre-order Dec)

Yamato VF-4G Lightning III (Pre-order Dec)

That's what I have, still debating the P....

Edited by Loop

I skipped the 29 in favor of the P and forgot to list the Armor parts for the 171 as well... I'm still considering upgrading my pre-order of the VF-4 with a second one.

I would, but I gotta start locking down the wallet a bit :( If they were in the $250 range I could see it though...