Technoblue, concerning customs and gun restrictions, I can speak from personal experience getting Apollyon. He arrived completely unmolested from the sender, so my thinking is that Customs folks are simply scanning the packages. It helps, too, that Apollyon, at least, is packaged in robot mode, so when they scan it, that's all they see. Now if one of these companies packages their not-Megatron in gun mode, I suspect they might not make it through customs unscathed.

But, I'm guessing most of the 3rd party folks are aware of the restrictions on guns, including toy guns, and will act accordingly to elicit the least amount of scrutiny, at least for U.S. imports.

Hoping POs open for MMC's Trailbreaker soon. That truck mode is incredible, and they did a great job eliminating the beer belly while still maintaining his overall look. I'm really pleased with my copy of Sphinx, I passed on Backdraft in favor of the official MP Inferno, but TT are a bit slow in getting these G1 characters out, and honestly, I'm not sure what they could do to really improve on MMC's design. Plus die-cast and rubber tires. These toys feel more like MP quality to me than the official toys.

As I recall the MP Megatron imports were darn close to completely unimpeded. Customs doesn't care unless you are very blatant about it(like "importing an entire shipping container full" levels of blatant).

I will buy, no questions asked, the first one that turns into a working cap gun.

Technoblue, concerning customs and gun restrictions, I can speak from personal experience getting Apollyon. He arrived completely unmolested from the sender, so my thinking is that Customs folks are simply scanning the packages. It helps, too, that Apollyon, at least, is packaged in robot mode, so when they scan it, that's all they see. Now if one of these companies packages their not-Megatron in gun mode, I suspect they might not make it through customs unscathed.

But, I'm guessing most of the 3rd party folks are aware of the restrictions on guns, including toy guns, and will act accordingly to elicit the least amount of scrutiny, at least for U.S. imports.

<snip>

You guys are probably right. My Apollyon had the orange caps, one which may have been for appearances only and the other which was a pain. I guess it is a small thing, considering. What's more important about any new Megs toy is that it is fun, no matter what it transforms into. B))

I guess that means I'm in the moving on from Apollyon camp.

Edited by technoblue

Can someone that has MMC Feral Rex and Unique toys Ordin tell me if they will fit in a Detolf in combined mode? I'd like to get both into one "section". The space between shelves is about 15.5 inches high.

Thanks!

Rex should. I'll check Ordin when I get home.

EDIT: Yep, Ordin too.

Edited by mikeszekely

Hot damn, decisions, decisions...

BadCube Speedbump

hNMbWN7l.jpg

MMC Terraegis

28349103495_b29ea9881d_b.jpg

Two options for MP Trailbreaker? Both from pretty damn excellent third party companies? I'm personally leaning towards Badcube, Sunsurge is incredible, as is Brawny, and after MMC kind of flubbed on Backdraft, I'm gonna stick with Badcube. That said they both look really good. I feel Badcube nailed Hoist far better then MMC, adjustable height is great, and makes sense, most people will probably want their Hoist short and fat.

AD1QDHDl.jpg

I mean that is almost too sexy to be legal. I can't believe these two just came out of nowhere, and a September release? Um, frakking yes please.

Can someone that has MMC Feral Rex and Unique toys Ordin tell me if they will fit in a Detolf in combined mode? I'd like to get both into one "section". The space between shelves is about 15.5 inches high.

Thanks!

20160729_161718_zpsnoquze2y.jpg

20160729_161727_zps2fqqngt7.jpg

I have both versions of Predaking

THe TFC one is much bulkier and you can see

Edited by slaginpit

Both Badcube's and MMC's Trailbreakers look good, despite their differences. I guess it comes down to whether you prefer a more svelte bot mode (MMC), or a more toy/animation accurate version. They both nailed the truck mode- beautiful. personally, I'm going with MMC; I prefer the thinner bot mode. I believe, if one is so inclined, that Terraegis can also be transformed to better represent the G1 toy/animation- so it's a win-win. I'll keep him in Jenny Craig mode. :lol:

I have to say, that's a lovely group shot with Badcube's TB and Hoist with MP Ironhide. Badcube did an admirable job differentiating the arms and legs between their Hilux bros.

I forgot that Toyworld also has their Trailbreaker in the works. For me it's going to boil down between MMC and Badcube. Maybe I'll just mix and match between the both of them for Hoist and Trailbreaker. Who's left for the Season 1 and 2 ark crew for MP styled treatment? Skids and Cliffjumper?

Skids wasn't an original Ark member if I'm remembering right, I think the only one missing the MP treatment that doesn't have an announced figure in the pipe line is Cliffjumper. Badcube is handling Gears and now Trailbreaker, they're re-releasing Sunsurge/Sunstreaker and Brawny/Brawn, they're also remaking Huff/Huffer, and now we've got multiple MP Jazz and Trailbreakers on the way. I really want someone else to take a whack at Windcharger, Boost by X-Transbots looks so good in both modes, but he's X-Transbots, so easy pass. I love their mold, they just can't seem to get his or Tailgate's colors right, and the transformation looks like an absolute nightmare. I don't want idiotically frustrating clearance issues and pieces popping off while I attempt transformation, and nearly every other post that gets him in hand says they will never transform him back to car mode due to the difficulty and stress. I want Badcube to take a shot at Windcharger, they like mini-bots too, I'm sure they could nail him.

Skids wasn't an original Ark member if I'm remembering right, I think the only one missing the MP treatment that doesn't have an announced figure in the pipe line is Cliffjumper. Badcube is handling Gears and now Trailbreaker, they're re-releasing Sunsurge/Sunstreaker and Brawny/Brawn, they're also remaking Huff/Huffer, and now we've got multiple MP Jazz and Trailbreakers on the way. I really want someone else to take a whack at Windcharger, Boost by X-Transbots looks so good in both modes, but he's X-Transbots, so easy pass. I love their mold, they just can't seem to get his or Tailgate's colors right, and the transformation looks like an absolute nightmare. I don't want idiotically frustrating clearance issues and pieces popping off while I attempt transformation, and nearly every other post that gets him in hand says they will never transform him back to car mode due to the difficulty and stress. I want Badcube to take a shot at Windcharger, they like mini-bots too, I'm sure they could nail him.

Yeah, that's right, Skids came in at the same time as Tracks. As far as the others go, Cosmos is fine as a legends figure in my book, but Powerglide could use more love along with Seaspray.

I would toss in Hauler in there as well, but I figure Takara will make an Inferno redeco of him in the future.

I forgot that Toyworld also has their Trailbreaker in the works. For me it's going to boil down between MMC and Badcube. Maybe I'll just mix and match between the both of them for Hoist and Trailbreaker. Who's left for the Season 1 and 2 ark crew for MP styled treatment? Skids and Cliffjumper?

With those giant flaps hanging off his shoulders I doubt that ToyWorld's Trailbreaker is going to be in the running for too many people, unless you want a hardcore toy look.

It's a tougher call between MMC and Badcube, though. There are things I like about both... I'd have to wait and see how the reviews go.

I've seen that mentioned before. I've gotta admit--I don't "get it". And googling brings up nothing. I can see "terra" and "aegis"----"Earth shield"?

That is the breakdown as I read it, too.

Aside from the obvious (off-road vehicle with a shield projector), It is something daft that is fun to say, as all the best Transformer names are.

The only thing that could make it better is if Trailbreaker/blazer/whatever Hasbro calls him this week had a longstanding rivalry with Skywarp, where he could mirror the name pattern of his rival.

I've seen that mentioned before. I've gotta admit--I don't "get it". And googling brings up nothing. I can see "terra" and "aegis"----"Earth shield"?

I've also seen posts enamored of the name 'Terraegis'. Beyond its being Greek, I don't get the exuberance. 'Apollyon' is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew Abaddon, the Angel of Destruction, which is an apropos name for a Megatron based fig, but I never saw any fanfare over that.

Toyworld's version of Trailbreaker didn't really appeal to me, based on those proto shots. If MMC had gone the more toy-based route like Badcube, it would have been a tough decision. But I like the engineering Jesslyn brought to the character, as I never cared for the front of the truck just hanging there like a beer gut. Slim and trim Trailbreaker FTW. Now, contrarily, and for variety, I'd consider Badcube's Hoist, although I'm still waiting to see how MMC's turns out, too.

I've also seen posts enamored of the name 'Terraegis'. Beyond its being Greek, I don't get the exuberance. 'Apollyon' is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew Abaddon, the Angel of Destruction, which is an apropos name for a Megatron based fig, but I never saw any fanfare over that.

Toyworld's version of Trailbreaker didn't really appeal to me, based on those proto shots. If MMC had gone the more toy-based route like Badcube, it would have been a tough decision. But I like the engineering Jesslyn brought to the character, as I never cared for the front of the truck just hanging there like a beer gut. Slim and trim Trailbreaker FTW. Now, contrarily, and for variety, I'd consider Badcube's Hoist, although I'm still waiting to see how MMC's turns out, too.

Badcube's Trailbreaker isn't so big that it's crazy, IMHO. I mean, I remember him having a chunk of a truck's front end for most of his torso, and both BC and MMC's fit the bill.

Hoist, though, took more details for the animation model from the cartoon, and so he was more pot-bellied and he had the arm flaps. It looks like BC's Hoist has the arm flaps and the front of the truck sits lower on his torso, but it leaves a bit of a gap. I think I'd want to see MMC's Hoist, and ToyWorld could possibly be back in the running there. If MMC or ToyWorld have a better Hoist, then I'd say get that Hoist and the BC Trailbreaker. If BC's Hoist is the best, though, get that and MMC's Trailbreaker.

Despotron looks pretty good; at least from this angle, they made him kibble free, unlike Apollyon. I guess some folks might not like the chunkiness, but side by side with MP Prime, he 's very clean, much more like what I'd expect an official version to look like. There's definitely some interesting engineering at work throughout - I'm curious to see this guy transformed. Looks like those legs sit one behind the other, and that torso below the chest plate breaks up somewhat. I'm digging him so far.

I'm definitely gonna get Despotron since Takara is unwilling to release a proper Megatron. The only issue I have is the face. While it looks great I don't think it fits well with the other Masterpieces. Too anime-esque and a tad to small for a Transformers I think.

He looks gorgeous though. Love the design of the Fusion Cannon. It seems to have the correct size, something that most Megatron toys don't get right for such a trivial thing. MP-05 is one of the worst offenders of that.

I wonder when the pre-order for MP Despotron will go up? And since MakeToys also has my attention with their new Cross Dimension line, I wonder when pre-orders for Rioter Despotron will go up?

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/1066890-maketoys-cross-dimension-rioter-despotron-cybertronian-megatron-9.html#post13827466

So I decided to order Maketoys Guardia today instead of the VF-2SS SAP. He looks just too awesome to pass on him. The crucial factor for this decision was the way the leg bots follow the coutures of the existing leg struts on Vulcan. ^_^

I also got notice from PSX that the will send out replacement pieces for my copy of Backdraft. I will write an update here once they have arrived.

I went with BadCube for Both Trailbreaker and Hoist, MMC Hoist was not even considered, it just doesn't look short, squat, and fat enough, plus no tires on the legs is a deal breaker. Trailbreaker was a bit harder, but the only thing I like on the MMC version is the legs, literally everything else on the BadCube won me over, that head and those proportions and silhouette are phenomenal. I can't wait for Takara to announce theirs so everyone who thinks Takara=quality/superior can switch to that. After Ironhide and Ratchet looking super meh, I have little faith Takara could put out anything that would catch my eye, the only reason I have Ironhide and Ratchet is because there were no better options, if a quality third party company put out better versions of the characters I would upgrade in an instant.

I went with MMC's Trailbreaker- I like everything about it, especially the thinner look. But I'm glad BC went a different route, b/c options are nice. I doubt I'll bother getting Hoist, but if I do, I'm not sure who I'll go with. I haven't given it much thought, and having Terraegis in hand may sway me one way or the other. Phoenix is a pretty excellent figure except for the wonky head linkage; I wish they'd found a way to lock that down better. But, it's a small quibble on an otherwise great toy.

I've been scrutinizing those Despotron pics, and it looks like the arms stay put and just transform into parts of the gun on either side of the chest area. It's not canon, but engineering-wise, it eliminates the need for fragile swing bars like Apollyon has to move the arms into position. They've found a brilliant solution for the legs: they sit tandem, both shins facing forward, with the outermost side leg panels swinging around to cover the inner surface of the opposite leg- if that makes sense. There's a lot of origami happening in the lower torso and waist area that I haven't tried to figure out, but if they can make this a solid figure with a fun transformation, I'll consider getting him, too. Apollyon looks great, and his transformation follows the G1 toy, but he just really isn't fun to transform. The only detail I see on Despotron that might make people upset is the slot on the barrel that I'm guessing is there for transformation. It is a little detracting, and hopefully they'll find a way to cover that on the final. Aesthetics wise, I think his chunky look fits with the look of MP-10 really well. IMHO, this should have been TT's version 2.

The neat thing about that second Megatron is that it's a triple changer and has a tank mode as well.

Unfortunately, it's from Bold Forms, and their last product (LoneWolf) wasn't exactly what you'd call good...

Have we seen images of the alt mode of Rioter Despotron? Looking at the bot-mode pictures I can't imagine how he could transform into a cohesive alt-mode. He looks neat though. I hope Maketoys does some recolors of him and Striker Manus (preferably black/purple and black/teal). I really like their Nemesis Battle Tanker toy.