Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force (Thread no.2)

IXTL

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the VF-17S but found out that the joint on the arms are a bit loose when you swing it up and down. Does anyone have this problem? I like to fix it with some glue on it but don't know how to open the arm sections.

My 17S also has this problem. I tried messing with the tightness of the screws holding it but that didn't work. If anybody else has found a solution I'd like to hear it too.

Me too, the right shoulder joint (the one that connects to the body) is very loose and can't hold the weight of the gunpod :(

I was tempted to pop out the cover on the shoulder piece to reach the inner screws, but the cover is on the visible side on fighter mode and I think I would be too risky remove it with out damaging he surface.

Me too, the right shoulder joint (the one that connects to the body) is very loose and can't hold the weight of the gunpod :(

I was tempted to pop out the cover on the shoulder piece to reach the inner screws, but the cover is on the visible side on fighter mode and I think I would be too risky remove it with out damaging he surface.

Huh, I haven't had a shoulder joint problem. Mine stems from that short double jointed elbow piece.

Huh, I haven't had a shoulder joint problem. Mine stems from that short double jointed elbow piece.

Had that problem too. I used some drops of super glue to fix it.

Edited by Froy

It's just my personal opinion, but I actually think it looks much better without the big bright insignia roundels on the wings/fuselage. I know I'm not alone either, because a lot of people decaled these up using alternate markings.

Really, Macross 7 probably had the absolute least amount of markings on any of its aircraft out of the entire franchise. No squadron markings except for tiny logos, assorted stripes, and insignia. They really went minimalist with the details, and pretty much gave up pretending the valks were anything similar to real life aircraft.

Given how few markings the VF-17 should have, I think leaving them off probably made the VF-17 appeal to a broader range of collectors/customizers. I mean, it's obviously a tribute to the F-117 Stealth, so giving people the option of adding low-visibility marking options is an absolute no brainer, and printing the canon markings would have preempted that.

Also.. this is one case where I wish Bandai (and/or whoever was responsible for the VF-171) would lay off the ridiculous amount of markings. I have half a mind to entirely strip all that junk off my VF-171EX, and do the same to a CF down the road. I would have been much happier if they would have stuck closer to the VF-17, and gone the minimalist route. All those logos, labels and stripes just look dumb... I mean.. come on... you're labeling your aircraft with their designation? Really? <_<

Edited by Chronocidal

Really, Macross 7 probably had the absolute least amount of markings on any of its aircraft out of the entire franchise. No squadron markings except for tiny logos, assorted stripes, and insignia. They really went minimalist with the details, and pretty much gave up pretending the valks were anything similar to real life aircraft.

Well neither do the Valkyries from Plus unless they show them close up. I think it's a matter of time and demand and since Bandai's offerings at the time were few and weren't hobbyist oriented they didn't bother.

Also.. this is one case where I wish Bandai (and/or whoever was responsible for the VF-171) would lay off the ridiculous amount of markings. I have half a mind to entirely strip all that junk off my VF-171EX, and do the same to a CF down the road. I would have been much happier if they would have stuck closer to the VF-17, and gone the minimalist route. All those logos, labels and stripes just look dumb... I mean.. come on... you're labeling your aircraft with their designation? Really? <_<

The markings are what eventually killed the 171 for me. I really like the toy but I hated looking at it. It was a busy eyesore among my otherwise classy-looking and minimally marked Macross collection. I wish they had kept it like it looked in earlier photos before their tampo machine barfed all over it.

I'm probably the only person in these forums that's not anticipating the VF4G, but the VF17D this December? [Never cared for VF17S, and reaaaaally want to see how effective as a toy VF4G is before considering it...]

I'm anticipating the 17D as well but I've had the 17S for over a year now so it's not as special as the 4 simply because it's not really new anymore... other than the Super Packs.

┣◆Relase date : 27 December 2012

┣ 1/60 VF-17D Nightmare Diamond Force Color

┃ http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=2084&mmlnk=121214

┃

┣ 1/60 VF-17D Nightmare with super pack Diamond Force Color

┃ http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=2067&mmlnk=121214

┃

┣ 1/60 Super pack for VF-17

┃ http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=2085&mmlnk=121214

Edited by Dark_Ghost

• 2 weeks later...

It better not be I skipped on the non fast pack one since I figured I might as well get the emerald force tanked up for carnage.

I did the same, except I only ordered one to be on the safe side. If I have to, I will order the other 2 and have a 17D CF with SP?

Edited by Loop

In the end i got my 17S for under $300, i think ill play the long game with the D and do the same; Just hold out and get 2 later. It probably wont, but i hope we get sticker name options or the other pilots.

Im torn on the Fast Packs. Id get em for the S, but they are VERY pricey for what u get...

Loop take pics...I wanna see if there is a difference between the individual VF17D and the combo set.

All I have coming in though is the 1x combo set and the 2x Super Parts sets. HLJ ran out of the stand alone VF-17D's before I could get one. I will have to wait until they are back in stock :(