Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force (Thread no.2)

IXTL

I find if you push the biceps in all the way (till you hear the click), then the hands come out pretty easily.

Not on the left hand of mine. It's so tight I have to pry it out with something else then attach the hand afterward.

Edited by Mommar

yeah, it's just that with the vf-17, as long as you can grab one of the fingers, you can force it out since the hand is permanently attached. If you try to force the vf-171's hand, there's a chance it will pop out. But if you use collapse the arm fully, the hand pulls out pretty freely.

I had that problem with mine, but had success in getting it out with a minor problem, as the hand cap, as I call it popped off exposing the finger and thumb joint. I have yet to glue it back on with Super glue, as I ran out or I should really say dried up, at the time I got it.

Time will tell but while some MWers may be vocal supporters of the D head type and the S type might have some vocal detractors, the S type is definitely the more iconic. Note that Bandai reissued the 17S, not the 17D, back in the ol' days. Add to that some folks who obviously aren't too thrilled with Yamato's rendition of the head and add to that the requirement you have to buy the super parts and pay the biggest MSRP ever and I think many people, like myself, are easily going to pass... especially if we can just buy the super parts separately.

Edited by jenius

I much prefer the D head. It actually looks a lot better in the latest set of official photos.

This

So, it's me or the stripes look bluish now?

and this I noticed too.

But I must admit I am kind of pissed with Yamato that they held back with this announcement. Their approach leaves a lot to be desired!

I really don't care for the super packs and had I known beforehand I would have just bought the plain VF-17D... grrrr!!!

This

and this I noticed too.

But I must admit I am kind of pissed with Yamato that they held back with this announcement. Their approach leaves a lot to be desired!

I really don't care for the super packs and had I known beforehand I would have just bought the plain VF-17D... grrrr!!!

I think the stripes have always been the same very light shade of blue. It's just hard to make out in most pics. It could stand to be a little more bluish though.

Yamato must have noticed fan reaction to the bundle and decided to release them separately too. I balked at the asking price for the bundle but the stand alone price is more palatable. Might jump in now.

30,000 yen plus as retail price for this was really bad marketing, even it had superhero commando ultra parts included. The Patlabor figures costed as much but they are a hundred times more iconic and popular. The only way this might have worked was if they released the bundle with the VF-17s or a bundle of some sort with the VF-19 Kai. Sometimes i want to go work for them and Bandai! lol

Isn't that a huge mistake to announce super parts separate set before you actually sell the bundle?

Or after seeing poor pre-order figures of VF-17D Super Parts Bundle, is Yamato taking preventive actions?

Edited by charger69

If the legs mounted fast packs are removable for transformation, why they have hinged tabs/pins? If I'm wrong correct me but I remember Graham writhing something about the packs being removable for transformation.

Or after seeing poor pre-order figures of VF-17D Super Parts Bundle, is Yamato taking preventive actions?

I guess this is the right answer.

If they received less preorders than valks and super parts produced, it's a better strategy trying to sell them separately. A lot of VF-17S owners may buy the super parts.

They just need to produce new boxes for the actual stock of VF-17D and super parts.

I'm thinking the VF-17D and VF-19F will be Yamato's next shelf-warmers..... ;)

Buying only the fast packs is probably the smartest way to go on this.........I need to consider cancelling my pre-order of the fast pack set (although I do prefer the bundles)

I'm thinking the Millia version will be a web-exclusive......

This is exactly why I went ahead and pulled the trigger during HLJ's last sale to go ahead and get the 17S. I was hoping they'd sell the fast packs separately, and I wanted instant gratification without having to wait for the 17D and then have to wait for it to go on sale.

And I agree with OptionZero. I really hope they re release super and strike parts for the VF-1. The after market is just to gouged

Funny how ordering the bundle actually does save you money.. about 13 cents. :lol: Really though, depending on how it's shipped, you might save some on shipping. The VF-17 packs aren't that bulky in fighter mode, and they don't change the overall dimensions of the valk, so they could potentially package them already attached. They'd need to redesign the plastic tray, but I bet they would fit in the same box that way.

Not sure what I'll do yet, but I already preordered the bundle, since that's the VF-17 I wanted to start with. Only reason I got the S model was due to HLJ's sale. If they release a Millia 17S later, I might just sell my black one, since I don't think I can justify having three of these (I might make an exception if they release Ray's later, and ESPECIALLY if they release that two seater in the orange and white trainer scheme ^_^).

Speaking of the Sound Force version though.. I'm curious. This may have been brought up before, but what are the two hidden slots in the very tip of the backplate for? They obviously don't hold on the super packs, and the instructions even point them out, but I don't have a clue what they're for. Is Yamato just planning ahead for a possible mount for the sound booster?

Can someone explain how those Super Parts below the wing in Fighter mode...are moved to the legs for Gerwalk or Battroid mode?

Anime magic? Anima Spiritia? :unsure:

Can someone explain how those Super Parts below the wing in Fighter mode...are moved to the legs for Gerwalk or Battroid mode?

Anime magic? Anima Spiritia? :unsure:

You would have to remove them from the wings and plug them to the legs or vice versa.

Yeah, I think it’ll work that way, but remember Graham said it won’t. We’ll find out later.

I wish they do, maybe Graham has influence on that when he realized that the leg armors have to be removed. The prototype back then don't have the extra hinge.

352-1.jpg

I don't actually know of any Yamato valks that mount close to their center of gravity on those stands.. it seems everything has always been very back heavy. The YF-21/VF-22 aren't terrible, but most others anchor the stand around where the hip bar is, which is usually ahead of most of the weight.

The VF-17 though has a lot of die-cast up front, and the mounting point isn't too far forward. It might be pretty well balanced. I'll have to unbury the mounting accessories and check.