The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

It's from a totally different show that was Japanese based. I don't even really see them as connected other than in spirit.

So yes, MP spacebrick motherfrakker. It just has such a cool mystique and 80's feel that it's pure excitement. Victory was a nice return to form at the close of the 80's. Robots fighting robots for earth.

Over here we were going crazy with pretenders and beastmasters. The American writers and such just lost the plot.

What the hell is blur anyway?

Edited by Gakken85

Haha, I had him as a kid. Full disclosure, I had Hot Rod as a kid and loved playing with him, so the marketing scheme worked :D

I'd probably buy a renewal if it was just Hot Rod and not Rodimus.

I can say this though.. . Wreckgar was awesome, and he was an original design for the movie.

Edited by Gakken85

So wacky space cars are a no-go, but you're MW's biggest champion of MP Spacebrick?

When I was a kid, I thought Hot Rod was cool, as he's basically the star of the movie, but I wasn't really into Rodimus Prime. As an adult, I see Hot Rod as the punk who got Optimus killed, while I love the insanity that is Rodimus' space winnebago.

Ha ha ha! I don't think Spacebrick will ever get old. :lol:

My adult point of view on Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime/Rodimus is very similar to yours, but were we differ is that I still like Hot Rod, like the insanity that is the Rodimus Prime space-future-Winnebago but I absolutely loathe Rodimus Prime.

Worst. Autobot. Leader. Ever. Even more so than Ultra Magnus from TF:The Movie.

Haters.

Yep, I'm with you Benson. Hot Rod is awesome.

Haha, I had him as a kid. Full disclosure, I had Hot Rod as a kid and loved playing with him, so the marketing scheme worked :D

I'd probably buy a renewal if it was just Hot Rod and not Rodimus.

I can say this though.. . Wreckgar was awesome, and he was an original design for the movie.

Now you want to come out of the closet. You're just a big ole' closet Hot Rod fan. And I 100% agree about Wreckgar, then again I like a lot of the movie designs, Hot Rod, Springer, Arcee, Kup, Blurr, Cyclonus, Galvatron, etc.

-b.

For me it's always about being able to relate to a character. Hot Rod became Rodimus before he was ready and everyone looked to him for answers like he gained 1000 years of experience in the 5 min fight with Galvatron. I had a similar experience as a young adult so I like him.

For me it's always about being able to relate to a character. Hot Rod became Rodimus before he was ready and everyone looked to him for answers like he gained 1000 years of experience in the 5 min fight with Galvatron. I had a similar experience as a young adult so I like him.

You fought a purple dude that wore a big metal chain with a large charm attached to it?

-b.

Well, shoot - in that case there's no way you couldn't have grown up instantly. B))

But back on topic, you bring up a good point about Hot Rod > Rodimus Prime.

He wasn't ready to become the leader of the Autobots but Prime and the Matrix sensed his potential. The problem I had with him as a character in the cartoons post TF:TM was just how much he second guessed himself. So maybe the writers zeroed in on that lack of experience angle just a bit too strongly as it became his battle cry.

It's too bad because he became such a divisive character from one that had a bunch of potential (IMO).

-b.

It's from a totally different show that was Japanese based. I don't even really see them as connected other than in spirit.

So yes, MP spacebrick motherfrakker. It just has such a cool mystique and 80's feel that it's pure excitement. Victory was a nice return to form at the close of the 80's. Robots fighting robots for earth.

Over here we were going crazy with pretenders and beastmasters. The American writers and such just lost the plot.

What the hell is blur anyway?

Spaaacccceee Briiiiicckkk! Still trying to slog through Victory. Finished disc1, just need to want to stick disc2 in. Need to want to..... and that should tell you exactly the percentage of how likely I'll be picking up Space Brick.

Yeah, I get that Spacebrick is from a totally different show. That's why I absolutely do not get the love for him. Characters from the movie and seasons 3-4 had goofy, pseudo-future made-up alt modes instead of the real vehicles of the first two seasons. But at least they we watched the movie and seasons 3-4 as kids, and have the nostalgia factor. Spacebrick's a character a lot of American TF fans never even heard of until recently. He's got all the pseudo-future made-up crap without the benefit of nostalgia.

And seriously, the American writers lost the plot? Season 3 has it's share of bad episodes, but in general the writing is better than the first two. It wouldn't be fair for me to call out Victory, because I've never seen it, but if it's anywhere near as bad as Headmasters and Masterforce, then it's awful.

I guess it's time to watch past Season 2 so I know what you're talking about.

I think you're in for a treat. Season 3 has aged a bit better than the first two. Alot is made now of Rodimus Prime's insecurities, but it wasn't so bad. It's mentioned in two or three episodes. One episode focused on it ("Burden Hardest to Bear"). At the end of "Burden", he had resolved his insecurities. Then he got emo about it again when the writers decided to bring Optimus Prime back (due to public outcry). But overall, Rodimus was a great character, giving the Autobots a much-needed change in leadership style. He was wisecracking, sarcastic, smart, and confident. A stark contrast to Optimus' stoic coolness.

so... anyone getting ultra magnus?

Hell yes.

I checked Netflix and it turns out that I have seen Seasons 3 and 4. What happened to cancel the original cartoon series? It just felt cut off at the last episode.

Season 3 makes me want to puke haha

What's grimlock doing with Rodimus on that mountain?

Ha ha ha! I don't think Spacebrick will ever get old. :lol:

My adult point of view on Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime/Rodimus is very similar to yours, but were we differ is that I still like Hot Rod, like the insanity that is the Rodimus Prime space-future-Winnebago but I absolutely loathe Rodimus Prime.

Worst. Autobot. Leader. Ever. Even more so than Ultra Magnus from TF:The Movie.

Yep, I'm with you Benson. Hot Rod is awesome.

Now you want to come out of the closet. You're just a big ole' closet Hot Rod fan. And I 100% agree about Wreckgar, then again I like a lot of the movie designs, Hot Rod, Springer, Arcee, Kup, Blurr, Cyclonus, Galvatron, etc.

-b.

ZOMG.

MP WRECKGAR.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Also more wheeljack!!!

trailbreaker77-44444-albums-toyko-toy-sh

Edited by Gakken85

I've never seen him before.

Also, found the answer to my question and answers to questions I didn't know I had yet. This dang fangled internet thing is awesome.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Transformers_TV_series

Edited by Benson13

Can please someone explain to me why the inner lower legs are red? I don't get it. The trailer bed should be red according to most of the animation but it is not on the toy because then the tights shouldn't be white. So it is not animation accurate to begin with and it looks absolutely terrible in robot mode. In addition all the animation shows him with blue lower legs and white shin guards and not read.

I don't get it at all.

I'm still getting him.

Edited by Scyla

They're going totally toon-colored, red bumper and all:

MP22EH2.jpg

Dang, I didn't know his bumper was red. That looks odd to me, but I don't think it's gonna stop him from being a great seller.

Edited by Drad

Yeah, I get that Spacebrick is from a totally different show. That's why I absolutely do not get the love for him. Characters from the movie and seasons 3-4 had goofy, pseudo-future made-up alt modes instead of the real vehicles of the first two seasons. But at least they we watched the movie and seasons 3-4 as kids, and have the nostalgia factor. Spacebrick's a character a lot of American TF fans never even heard of until recently. He's got all the pseudo-future made-up crap without the benefit of nostalgia.

Here's a hint: Americans are not the target audience for Star Saber. The three Japanese G1 shows aired all around Asia (sometimes with that terrible dub) and there is a lot of nostalgia for them even outside of Japan. In fact, the first Transformers series to air in Russia was Victory.

It's all a matter of perspective.

Spacebrick actually looks pretty awesome, though I have a hard time making him a Transformer in my head.

Is Spacebrick going to be the new Peg? Because if it is, we need to start writing some backstory.

I only ask because I was realizing Peg is my favorite Transformer(toy or character, take your pick), and he DOESN'T EVEN EXIST.

Here's a hint: Americans are not the target audience for Star Saber. The three Japanese G1 shows aired all around Asia (sometimes with that terrible dub) and there is a lot of nostalgia for them even outside of Japan. In fact, the first Transformers series to air in Russia was Victory.

It's all a matter of perspective.

I know Americans aren't the target audience. In fact, MP Spacebrick exists because he won some Japanese fan vote.

That doesn't explain why Gakken, who I'm fairly certain is American, complains about Hot Rod, Blurr, and even Ironhide, then acts like Spacebrick is the greatest thing ever and can't fathom why members of a predominately American message board are pretty meh on it. If he grew up in Asia, I wouldn't be teasing him about it.

Is Spacebrick going to be the new Peg? Because if it is, we need to start writing some backstory.

Yes. Edited by mikeszekely

Can please someone explain to me why the inner lower legs are red? I don't get it. The trailer bed should be red according to most of the animation but it is not on the toy because then the tights shouldn't be white. So it is not animation accurate to begin with and it looks absolutely terrible in robot mode. In addition all the animation shows him with blue lower legs and white shin guards and not read.

I don't get it at all.

I'm still getting him.

The back inner part of Magnus’s trailer is red, so when he transform, those red suppose to be covered in blue and white. But since the toy lack that coverage, you will get this red inner legs. The red bumper looks out of place, since they’re going with toon-colored, this is what we will get. It appears that his gun is stored between his arms.

I may have to do some repaint on those legs, I don't like those red legs either. And the red bumper.

Edited by Valkyrie2008

He wasn't ready to become the leader of the Autobots but Prime and the Matrix sensed his potential. The problem I had with him as a character in the cartoons post TF:TM was just how much he second guessed himself. So maybe the writers zeroed in on that lack of experience angle just a bit too strongly as it became his battle cry.

It's too bad because he became such a divisive character from one that had a bunch of potential (IMO).

As a kid, I always figured he was the leader because of the random act of touching the Matrix first when it fell from Optimus' hands rather than it being anything innate to himself.

Regardless it's the writers fault. If they hadn't put so much angst in him, the clamor to bring back Optimus might not have been as huge. Can still be a good leader relying on Kup for advice, etc without being such a wussy.

All the haters bow down!

SPACE PRIME is here!

64175456201406141015581716534529480_000.

This is going to be sooooooooooooooo sweeeeeeeet.

The proportions look perfect.

Whoever made this guy should talk to whoever is making Ultra Fattius. :DB)):p

Edited by Gakken85