DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Just received this Email from HLJ,

(took them a while to write back)

I went ahead and cancelled 3 out of the 4 Ozma's just to be fair and to keep it cool with HLJ because they are probably the only company that I care about the most and they have hooked me up with great customer service, returns, Shipping addresses etc. over the past 5 yrs. or so since I started buying from them.

Kuni (HobbyLink Japan)

Aug 07 11:40

Dear Erick,

Thank you for writing. Unfortunately, initial quantity we can get for VF-25S would be so much less than the quantity we actually need to fill all the pre-orders we received. The problem is that supply is too limited and the demand is too huge. We are hoping that we can offer at least 1 piece per customer, but we cannot confirm anything at this point.
We will inform our customers when we receive the answers from all of our distributors and the initial quantity is finalized. Your understanding is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Kunihiko Matsugu
HobbyLink Japan
http://www.hlj.com

It's a little sad to see some negative statements on our wonderful community. I have nothing but the highest praise for MacrossWorld members and they have helped me out numerous times in the past. I'm constantly surprised at the kindness and consideration strangers on this site have for each other. The 2nd VF-25S that technoblue got (his one and only from HLJ) was in fact for me - I got a message from him (a stranger to me previously) out of the blue on the morning it came out after I stayed up till 4am unsuccessfully and had to get up 2hrs later for a long 12hr day at work. I had such a bad long day and I came home to his surprise message... and it reaffirmed my sense in humanity. Of course now I hope HLJ has enough to go around.

Anyways, I thought I had a point... I just want to say I love this site (and its members)! Now I feel bad I haven't contributed much since my daughter was born - I will endeavor to rectify that soon.

There's a lot of good out there, whether it's collecting toys or not. Even when there are a sh*t ton of a-holes in the world, the nice ones are out there too, doing their bit.

I guess the 25G is the new 25S now?

We may not see the 25G that soon, given it took Bandai soo long for them to reissue the VF-25S. When the 25G came out it was not that hard to get from your normal places like HLJ. But who knows, Bandai may proove me wrong.

This will be released in November. So that 43pcs may long be gone. But just in case there's still more supplies a month before November I might score another one if they're going to bring down the price. But now, I rather not gamble on assuming that there's enough stock before November. It may or it may not. I'm just happy that I bought one below the after market price. :)

And shipping is more reasonable now. Go figure...

Appears still to be the same and more compared to the VF-25F. However, I noticed their shipping is cheaper than CDJapan. This is for Aus, but I assumed its the same for US given both are have same rates.

:wacko: I hate myself for doing it, but I too went ahead and preordered one at N-Y's inflated price just so I don't have to stay on the hunt for stock to be available elsewhere for less; should that occur and I am online and happen upon it in the future I'll get a second Ozma, but at least I'll have one to finally complete my Frontier collection... at a bit under $200.00 shipped via SAL, it's pricey but doable, and cheaper than a YF-30.

Jumped on the Nippon-Yasan boat for the VF-25S Ozma Renewal. Yeah, I saw the slightly inflated price but I figured it's better than what it's been going for the last two years since the initial run. Plus I have no idea if other sites are going to be opening up more preorders or offering Ozma at all. AmiAmi flat out told me they were done.

Does anyone have experience with Nippon-Yasan? How are they compared to the usual outlets like AmiAmi, HLJ, Hobby Search, CDJapan, etc? Should I be worried?

They're legit... opportunistic bastards when it comes to high demand items like the VF-25S, but legit.

They are the go-to place for Tamashii exclusives, and almost always seem to be able to get stock for stuff that's sold-out everywhere else (at a price, so they tend to be an outlet of last resort after their initial listings sell out), and I've never known them to not deliver on what the sell... you may experience delays on occasion, YF-29 Ozma comes to mind, but you'll get the item in the end, and usually well packaged.

Edited by mechaninac

Appears still to be the same and more compared to the VF-25F. However, I noticed their shipping is cheaper than CDJapan. This is for Aus, but I assumed its the same for US given both are have same rates.

With my first Ozma order EMS was 60 some bucks. I didn't order 2 initially because it would have been $115 shipping.

With my second order I was charged $40 EMS

Edited by ErikElvis

Yeah, I got up first thing this morning and saw the NY thing. Doesn't do me a whole lot of good at 4am, lol. Damn you Bandai! Why do I have a feeling I'm going to have to write a special script for my phone to wake up and go nuts if it sees an e-mail for a pre-order opening up, lol.

Yeah, I got up first thing this morning and saw the NY thing. Doesn't do me a whole lot of good at 4am, lol. Damn you Bandai! Why do I have a feeling I'm going to have to write a special script for my phone to wake up and go nuts if it sees an e-mail for a pre-order opening up, lol.

yup i'm going to have to leave my phone ringer/notifications on super loud and have it sent to an email address that is used just for this (and turn all others off so i dn't get woken up for other shiet). i already get email notifications (this one at 4 :10 am) but it wasn't enough to wake me up. my page monitor has been useless on NY also. gives me false alarms ever few minutes so i turned it off.

Edited by Mechapilot77