1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Does this pic not confirm that at least some of the conformal missiles are removable? (left arm/nacelle, outboard) (or was that noted before and I just missed it)

Tochiro even mentioned the missiles tend to pop off during transformation.

Battroid mode:

post-12283-0-87724900-1354517923_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-90288000-1354519505_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reïvaj

post-12283-0-90734100-1354516547_thumb.jpg

There we go. That first pic absolutely answers my question about the flaps on the underside. Like Exo said, just leave the inner flaps down to make room for the thighs. Not ideal looking but likely the only real solution other than leaving a gap there in the other two modes.

No it isn't, because those of us who didn't get one can still moan and bitch about how we want them to make a toy of it!!!

The problem is the HDP kit didn't sell very quick. I doubt they'd attempt a toy now. Though I do agree with you, I'd like a completed one. Though at this point I'm dipping my toe in to customizations, I'm too late to track down an HDP kit even if I were willing to take the initiative now.

So VF-4 related. I'd also like to know what the ankles are made of and if they also suffer from a lack of backward mobility like the two Mac7 Valks do or if Yamato figured out a better way to implement the ankles instead? Having the VF-4 in a tighter crouch in Gerwalk would be nice to see.

Edited by Mommar

pffft....the Regult...somehow Yamato manage to make people to pay 400 dollars for an unassembled,unpainted egg with two legs that doesn't transform, and they were wondering why it didn't sell as quickly as they expected.

On topic, I seriously doubt we'll have the VF-4 for christmas, will probably be a late December release. I see a Gunpod!! If no stand, will Yamato include at least a gunpod for the battroid mode they've worked so hard to get right?

pffft....the Regult...somehow Yamato manage to make people to pay 400 dollars for an unassembled,unpainted egg with two legs that doesn't transform, and they were wondering why it didn't sell as quickly as they expected.

if only toys could spring forth from our desires fully formed and rendered in White Strong Flexible plastic without pesky things like tooling costs ;w;

I see a Gunpod!! If no stand, will Yamato include at least a gunpod for the battroid mode they've worked so hard to get right?

Tochiro confirmed what Yamato stated a long time ago: No gunpod.

■付属品 : パイロットフィギュア(コクピット用)、マクロスディスプレイスタンド(別売)用アタッチメント、可動用手(L/R)、マーキングステッカー、取扱説明書

■ Accessories: pilot figure (for cockpit), attachment for Macross display stand (sold separately), two poseable hands (L / R), marking stickers, instruction manual

Okay, so I live in Japan right now and am trying to figure out where this show room is and if it is still open? Does someone know of the address/train station/ or how long this event goes for? I would love to go down there and checkout the scene.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but its only one day a year and is often announced less than a week in advance.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but its only one day a year and is often announced less than a week in advance.

Thanks for the update. That actually sucks because I found out it was just a walk away from Akiabara and I was just there this past Saturday and Sunday. If I would have know about it I would have been there since it sounds like people got some good stuff. Maybe next year, but in what forum/site/post was this announced? I just want to make sure that when next year comes around I know when to look for it since it seems like in 2011 it was in January.

I posted it here and it was on the facebook page.

There's gonna be a "reveal event" this Sunday from 11a to 4:30p. Maybe one of our guys roving reporters in Tokyo can get a closer look or ask. Post your questions here also in the event one of them can get in.

I posted it here and it was on the facebook page.

http://www.facebook....&type=1

Roger, thanks again. I guess I need to check facebook more often. Just curious, does Yamato do any other unvailings throughout the year, and is there campus/building open just for normal tours, or was this just a closed special event? If not, I would like to go see their showroom on any other given day if it is open. Agian thank you. Who knows maybe next year the VF-4G will be on sale at their showroom.

On topic, I seriously doubt we'll have the VF-4 for christmas, will probably be a late December release. I see a Gunpod!! If no stand, will Yamato include at least a gunpod for the battroid mode they've worked so hard to get right?

The Regult HDP Kit sold out on the first day on the Yamato website. They stalled on HLJ tho.

The SDF-1 and VF-17S were released at the end of December 2010 and 2011 respectively.

Roger, thanks again. I guess I need to check facebook more often. Just curious, does Yamato do any other unvailings throughout the year, and is there campus/building open just for normal tours, or was this just a closed special event? If not, I would like to go see their showroom on any other given day if it is open. Agian thank you. Who knows maybe next year the VF-4G will be on sale at their showroom.

No, they only do it once a year and their office isn't open to the public otherwise.

But most of their reveals are done at the various hobby shows that are held throughout the year anyway.

The Regult HDP Kit sold out on the first day on the Yamato website. They stalled on HLJ tho.

The Regult was sold monthly, what you possibly saw was the quota reached for that month. HLJ sold it thru their site a couple of months later. Yamato stopped production as soon as the sales didn't reach the minimum. It's possible that HLJ bought out the rest of the stock that month and kept it on their site until they sold it all.

The Regult was sold monthly, what you possibly saw was the quota reached for that month. HLJ sold it thru their site a couple of months later. Yamato stopped production as soon as the sales didn't reach the minimum. It's possible that HLJ bought out the rest of the stock that month and kept it on their site until they sold it all.

But how many batches and how many to a batch..? That sort of info isn't usually disclosed.

The 1/2000 kit was also offered multiple times, then sold through HLJ. I can't remember the initial run number, or if it was a minimum.

Just put a deposit on this at hkcollectables.com.

Xmas is only 2 1/2 wks away.

If hlj.com is shipping it on the 25th , doesn't that mean it would be released before the 25th ,as the online stores would be recieving it beforehand to be able to ship it on the 25th?

Shouldn't the box art be released any spontanous second now?

I hope we get a step by step transformation pics soon.

Releasing on Christmas? I realize that's not a big deal in Japan like in the US, also we're not legally a target market, but anywhere in that timeframe is pretty rough for shipping. You people in Japan will no doubt be posting pics a day or two after. I highly doubt I'll see this thing until January sometime anyway, though there may be less of a wait getting out of Japan if all our packages line up prior to the New Years festivities over there.

Damn must of bought the last on in stock at hkcollectables.com, it's now out of stock.

Paid $85USD more than hlj.com, but everywhere else was order stop so it was either that OR wait for a second release( which may be only available from yamato's online store) so I can live with it.Hopefully I'll save on shipping,as I live in China.

Can't wait to get this just after xmas!!