Olá sou do Brasil, e dão uma olha do cosplay que fiz gostaram

Bem vindo ao Macross World; também sou Brasileiro, porém já moro nos Estados Unidos a vários anos. Você vai descobrir que essa comunidade é muito legal, a galera aqui é joia.

By the way, which one of you is the cosplayer in the picture?

So now that the story arc is over (and its TBD on any follow-on series for Yamato 2199), what is the proposed state of the Yamato universe? Is anyone in position to rule the Gamalas Empire? I'll presume that challengers (and former factions within) to the Gamalas Empire will be emboldened to commit conquest of former neighbers & countrymen? example, the Comet Empire/Gatlantians? from a legal POV, has anyone noted official names of trademarks for possible series titles, like say Yamato 2202~2205?

The ice cream parfait accessory is very funny. Another Instant preorder.

I appreciate the photos and the link, taksraven!

UN Spacey put the link and pics up. I just commented on it.

ok. i just watched 2 complations of Yamato 2199 mechapr0n... and i have a question: i'm pretty fuzzy on why Submarine Boy Wolf helps the Yamato in the end episodes and then hammers Geur's ship with torpedos. Can someone explain the details of that encounter?

I believe it was because Geor and his fleet were considered deserters by the new leaders like Admiral Dietz ect. The Wolf joined with Dietz's new regime and was merely taking out a "traitor." Plus he was already shown to have a dislike for the bigoted nature of a lot of Blue-skinned "natural" Garmilas that formed the old regime, so he probably had no problem joining Dietz's new government.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

To expand on Dobber's comment a little. The sub just noticed a juicy opportunity and took it. I think they were part of the group that no longer consider Earth and Yamato a threat, by Geur's comments he was still working with Desslar.

I'm really looking forward to a "Yamato 2201" series. Hopefully there will be one. The changes that would be needed for that would be interesting...

ok. i just watched 2 complations of Yamato 2199 mechapr0n... and i have a question: i'm pretty fuzzy on why Submarine Boy Wolf helps the Yamato in the end episodes and then hammers Geur's ship with torpedos. Can someone explain the details of that encounter?

In the scene of Dietz's meeting with Ghader Talan, Talan reports that some of the returning fleet had gone missing, including Goer. Dietz says he's aware of it and has dispatched a "trusted unit" to deal with it. In this case, Frakken and the UX-01. Since Garmillas as no more issues with Yamato and the Terrons, as per Hyss' statement in episode 24, Frakken's mission is only to put Goer down, not to attack the Yamato which is no longer considered an enemy, at that point.

there is still possiblity Goer survived (someone pushs him into a excape pod, etc)? my guess is not, but the point is currently mute until we know for a fact they plan to continue follow-on TV/Movie events.

I asked earlier and maybe some folks didnt understand but does anyone know, from a legal/trademark/Copywrite aspect, have the makers of Yamato 2199 nailed any other trademarked titles (to indicate they do plan on more material in the 2199 universe?

I can imagine Desler introducing a 'take no prisoners' policy if indeed finding out about Starsha and Mamoru got him of the deep end.

I always find the concept of Kodai being the uncle to the future king of Iscandar quite humorous

since we are discussing the future, i have yet another question. Now in the original series, Desler eventually evolves into a charactor of respect (something, you'd not expect for a toon supposedly modeled after a famous and reviled terran dictator). With the way they depicted Desler in 2199 (especially since it seems Desler is a former dictator now, if he's still alive), is there any chance he could/might be redeemed in a simular fashion to the original charactor, considering that 2199's version is more supposed be a homage to a famous and reviled terran dictator?

is there any chance he could/might be redeemed in a simular fashion to the original charactor, considering that 2199's version is more supposed be a homage to a famous and reviled terran dictator?

It's an interesting question and one with no easy answer. I think that the Desslar in 2199 did things that the Desslar in the original series would *never* have done, especially using the wave motion gun to try to destroy the Yamato even though the same shot would have destroyed Gamilon as well. I think that the original Desslar was much more of a patriot while the new one seems much more self centered. Especially with his final declaration " *I* am at war". Not the rest of his race, seemingly, just him.

I guess it just depends on how any new adventures, whether they be movies or TV series, pan out. The Gamilon Empire is certainly in better condition at the end of 2199 (although certainly in disarray) as opposed to the original series where it was pretty much wiped out singlehandedly by the Yamato. I am certain that it will still be swept aside by the Comet Empire and that will be interesting to see. How Desslar plays into it, I am really not game enough to guess.

He definitely will be back though, you can see the bridge of his flagship being blasted away from the ship intact as the rest of it blows up.

It's an interesting question and one with no easy answer. I think that the Desslar in 2199 did things that the Desslar in the original series would *never* have done, especially using the wave motion gun to try to destroy the Yamato even though the same shot would have destroyed Gamilon as well. I think that the original Desslar was much more of a patriot while the new one seems much more self centered. Especially with his final declaration " *I* am at war". Not the rest of his race, seemingly, just him.

Is Dessler really more of a patriot in the original series, though? Once The Yamato crew learns about the state of Gamilon and Iscandar in both versions, Earth and Gamilon are forced into that final standoff. In both versions, the Yamato aims for the capitol to take down Dessler and minimize civilian casualties. However, Dessler's actions are different, and there is the coup in 2199.

In the original, I thought Dessler's cool, calculating demeaner broke at the end and he turned into a madman in his pursuit against the Yamato. If I remember correctly, it was Dessler's order to drop the planetary defenses onto Gamilon itself. In 2199, I thought he never lost his calculating demeaner, and continued to use his subordinates right up until the end. The wave motion gun incident in 2199 is a reflection of what happened in the original, but it was something the Yamato was able to defend against. In 2199 there seems to be less of a fall in Dessler's character, and that will be a very intersting footnote if they continue with the Comet Empire story.

Edited by technoblue

I don't know if this was posted already, but it seems Yamato 2199 will have it's American release starting in February with subs in both spanish and english, and I would assume a more affordable price.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-01/star-blazers/yamato-2199-dvd/blu-rays-offered-with-english/spanish-subtitles