Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

Actually, no, the stripe can't line up, because it's not there. The stripe doesn't even continue past the wing-glove in the original.

Ugh. Oh well. I get the feeling those stripes are all going to be stripped off anyway, so not a huge deal, but still.

Sorry I made an edit.

Oh no trouble, I thought you were talking about the wing stripe, since that doesn't line up in the animation, but does on the lineart from earlier.

I was just noting that in general, the markings they have on there so far don't match up with the animation.

Agreed :)

This colour scheme is still better than the YF-29 anniversary scheme

The YF-19/VF-19 design was the first design that really caught my eye, but off-white, green, yellow, and orange together? No thanks, you can have it! I prefer the white, gray, yellow and teal!

That is a matter of opinion :)

I personally find the YF-29 1S color scheme quite nice and much better than the 19P. The 19P looks like something that has ketchup and mustard on it.

agree!! the 29 1s color scheme is a lot more better.. i just wish that they didn't tint the cockpit canopy

The YF-19/VF-19 design was the first design that really caught my eye, but off-white, green, yellow, and orange together? No thanks, you can have it! I prefer the white, gray, yellow and teal!

The VF-19P is the first design that caught me off guard. :rolleyes:

The red laser makes it look so punk. This is not a compliment.

Edited by ff95gj

Wow... kind of surprised. AE is for once the cheaper alternative than AmiAmi for the VF-19P.

***EDIT***

I think I'll wait for the Red exclusive (if there will ever be one) or for this one to go on sale. I'm already pretty happy with my VF-19S. I still need to get the VF-19Kai.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

I probably should go ahead and stick to HLJ from now on as well, but I just noticed they've got the VF-19F, and VF-17D with packs set to "order stop".. I'm not too concerned that they'll run out of stock, but I'm surprised because I don't remember that happening with Yamato preorders before.

Bandai's preorder shenanigans has made me paranoid I guess. I've got preorders for all three (the 19F, 17D, and 19P) at AmiAmi now, so I'm not worried about getting them, but I still prefer getting stuff via FedEx here.

For those that have the Fire and 19S...will you be preordering this?

Not that thrilled by this scheme. I won't be preordering this (altough I might buy it later). Now the 1/60 VF-4 is another story I'll try to preorder two.

You know.. I thought of something.

There's a part of me that is really hoping this scheme doesn't change at all, and retains all of its current uglyness for the final release.

Because that might mean somewhere down the road, this one winds up in the same position as all those M&M VF-22s that HLJ can't seem to sell, and always marks down to 50% off. If that happens here, it'll be a huge benefit to the people who want to make custom VF-19s.

Barring an eventual unpainted kit release, of course... I know it's not likely at all, but I will keep hoping it happens.

Well, think of it like the blue "movie" Alto VF-25 release.. it was different, no one bought it because they thought it looked dumb, and it got marked down heavily in clearance sales. The color didn't bug me, so I was happy to get a VF-25F with super packs at a huge discount.

Yamato may have learned with the VF-22s, but this is one valk I would LOVE for them to overproduce. In its standard colors? Yeah, it's ugly. But this is also the absolute best candidate for making customs, since it's white.

If I saw these on clearance with a hefty discount, I would pick up multiples just for repainting, and I'm sure a lot of people here would do the same.

Edited by Chronocidal

Well, think of it like the blue "movie" Alto VF-25 release.. it was different, no one bought it because they thought it looked dumb, and it got marked down heavily in clearance sales. The color didn't bug me, so I was happy to get a VF-25F with super packs at a huge discount.

Yamato may have learned with the VF-22s, but this is one valk I would LOVE for them to overproduce. In its standard colors? Yeah, it's ugly. But this is also the absolute best candidate for making customs, since it's white.

If I saw these on clearance with a hefty discount, I would pick up multiples just for repainting, and I'm sure a lot of people here would do the same.

Repainting a VF-19 sounds like just about the worst idea you could have.

I do agree that the VF-19 toys are teh sex, but I am so booked over the next few months with pre-orders. I will most likely pre-order it anyways and see if Yamato makes adjustments. If they can match the official colors on the shoulders and the ankles and fix the stripes, awesome sauce. I would also like to see the pattern tweaked a bit on the shoulder so when the P is in fighter mode you only see white in the shoulder area. You know, I agree with chronocidal. If all works out right, I can buy 2x 19F's and 2x 17D's then put this one on the back burner and get it later. :D

I got first world problems.....

Edited by Loop

Yamato seems to be faithfully following the color scheme of the 19P seen in Macross Chronicle issue 22. The gray chest stripes, single color feet, bright yellow on shoulders, dull yellow on ankles etc.

179TG.jpg

Edited by IXTL

It's the shade of those colors that some of us have issue with. Such as the salmon color rather than an actual red and the ankles should be less yellow and more brass.

In the end, I'll attempt to repaint it if the final production colors aren't as accurate as they should be, or I might take some liberties with the colors myself.