Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

How are those FightPose Stands working out for you, Macette? Any issues with paint damage on your Valks?

I've never had any issues, i've had my VF-0 on it for years, never had any problems, though since i just got the 25s, i'm not sure how it will last in the long run. most yamatos are molded in color, while the bandais are painted.

how about "It's so good it's worth it" or "if I don't get int NOW, my life will be forever incomplete."

that's how I justified the -19S anyways. :p

Have to agree to this logic. :lol:

Also, there's the idea that Yamato will have learned not to make too many more shelf warmers. With all the VF-22s you see on sale over time, I'm betting they won't be making so many of these. Maybe more Fire Valks, but I'm surprised they even made these in the first place. It's not like they did anything notable in the series except look cool.. until they blew up. :p

If they ever go on sale, I'll just use that opportunity to stock up, but I want to at least make sure I get one before they disappear.

Also... averaging the prices of my valk collection would require me to add up what I paid for all of them, and I don't think I like that idea, because just seeing the total would probably put me off to buying more. :lol: I promised myself I'd get the VF-19F and at least one VF-17, so I'm probably good for M7 stuff now. If they make a red VF-17S, I'll pick that up later too, but I'll settle for one fast-packed VF-17D if I have to.

I've never had any issues, i've had my VF-0 on it for years, never had any problems, though since i just got the 25s, i'm not sure how it will last in the long run. most yamatos are molded in color, while the bandais are painted.

Yeah, I've heard they're okay with Yamatos as long as you avoid the painted surfaces. I haven't heard of any issues with Bandai Valks, even with their heavy paint application, but I guess time will tell.

My resistence was futile and I preordered the beautiful blue F.

I'm also apparently descending further into madness because I saw the price and thought 'Wow, not bad!'.

Someone really should take my computer and credit card away.

My resistence was futile and I preordered the beautiful blue F.

I'm also apparently descending further into madness because I saw the price and thought 'Wow, not bad!'.

Someone really should take my computer and credit card away.

With the 17D's price and Bandai's inflated prices due to limited production, I've been thinking the same thing. I just can't decide if I should but this or the 19S. But, I guess since the prices for these birds aren't "that bad", I should just get both :)

Edited by ps99042

With the 17D's price and Bandai's inflated prices due to limited production, I've been thinking the same thing. I just can't decide if I should but this or the 19S. But, I guess since the prices for these birds aren't "that bad", I should just get both :)

That's the spirit!

Good job fellas. The Yoshinol's on me. :)

Somewhere...the Hory Froating Head is smiling.

Mmmmm...Yoshinol.

A toast to the Hory Froating Head. May his hory head always be froating above us and showering us with VF rainbows.

Cheers!

I was tempted to get the VF-19F but i already have a VF-19S, so 1 VF-19 should be good enough especially when the VF-17D w/ fastpacks is coming out in December. Got to save up for that particular one.

Sadly the Bandai VF-171, YF-29, VF-171EX all seem to be impossible to get. WHen i try to order them from HLJ, it's already "order-stop". i mean i couldn't have been that slow..... oh well.

It's official, starting with the Kai variant, Yamato and the lousy exchange rate, have "colluded" to completely price me out of this hobby, at least for their newer M7 stuff... I just refuse to pay these exorbitant prices (even with AmiAmi's preorder discout the 19F rings in at $237 + shipping, and the 17D a whopping $319 + shipping :angry: ). Too bad too, the F and D look really nice. :(

Bandai, with all their supply foibles, are now the only game in town for affordable, high end, 1/60 Macross toys... if you can secure one before the secondary market drives their prices into the stratosphere as well. <_<

The price is high but it being available is better than having something come out cheap but be hard to find imo.

The stress of having to waste time looking is more of an annoyance than just forking out the money. If you think about it, there is only so many variants of each of these mech yamato can make unlike the vf-1. (which let's be honest has been milked to death - if you bought multiples of this one same toy, the transformers fans would laugh at that and wonder why you spend so much on a repaint lol Some of that money could have gone to buying whole new toys of different stuff)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The price is high but it being available is better than having something come out cheap but be hard to find imo.

The stress of having to waste time looking is more of an annoyance than just forking out the money. If you think about it, there is only so many variants of each of these mech yamato can make unlike the vf-1. (which let's be honest has been milked to death - if you bought multiples of this one same toy, the transformers fans would laugh at that and wonder why you spend so much on a repaint lol Some of that money could have gone to buying whole new toys of different stuff)

Some of us bought all the 1/60 VF-1 ver 1, then the 1/48 Vf-1 and now the 1/60 VF-1 ver 2 :lol:

Bandai 1/55 were an easy pass for me. I never considered the tonami VF-1 cause it's an atrocity.

Just do what I do - calculate the cost of every valkyrie you have purchased and still own, divide by the number of birds there are and get the average price for each. Are you happy with this number? Yes? Then pull the trigger!

Me? I'm at $111.34 each valk ^___^

Or eat very little food and slowly save up a little bit at a time. In about a year you will have enough to get one. Just don't worry about getting the whole team at once. People who are buying multiples can wait for the sales. This is what I did for some of the VF-1 stuff. (since there is so many VF-1 to get and it is virtually impossible for you to own it all in one go)

Oh that reminds me I ordered a 2 seater VF-1D (free side parts and elevated chair) from HLJ and my preorder could not be fulfilled because 'I was too late' in the first come first served system. Looks like the 2 seaters are really popular and they can still milk more money from this mech yet. :p

Some of us bought all the 1/60 VF-1 ver 1, then the 1/48 Vf-1 and now the 1/60 VF-1 ver 2 :lol:

Bandai 1/55 were an easy pass for me. I never considered the tonami VF-1 cause it's an atrocity.

And then we will all be suckered into 1/48 vf-1 version 2. JK. I think there are still some people who still prefer the 1/48 and if yamato wanted to make another one they could probably get away with it. Add all the gimmicks and give us swappable heads and do a kit version for people to customise it, and give us proper hands. Whoa. I should shut up. Not enough money as it is..

The original 1.48 did not originally have 2 seater valkyries in mind and only modders could have one at that scale. And it didn't originally have the GBP in mind which is why the GBP looks so funny and out of proportion to the lineart. If yamato did it, I bet people here would complain but still get one. Although it would not replace the 1.60. They could just say it is a one off deal where they just do only the recognisable character. (30th anniversary of macross special, similar to how the original "masterpiece prime" was for the TF before it became a full blown line of toys for the adult)

If money wasn't such an issue for me right now, I'd buy 1 S-type and 3 F-types so that I could customize them into an "honorary" Skull Squadron. Someone HAS to get around to that!

It is more like 2 F and 1S afaik... Am I right? For an Emerald Force squadron of course

Edited by charger69

I think he means he intends to repaint them into DYRL colors, which might be something of a difficult task. That blue plastic will not be easy to cover up.

You might have better luck if you kitbashed a bunch of F, S, and P models together though, since the P (if it ever gets made) will probably be close to white. You'd just have to transplant a few key parts like the shoulders, heads, and wingroot assemblies.

This is why I REALLY want a kit version of the VF-19, molded in white, or even gray. The engineering tolerances on the VF-19 are so tight, and it will take so many coats to cover that blue (or red) plastic, you'll never have any hope of transforming a repainted one without destroying the paint.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally transformed my 19S and it is soooo AWESOME. I can't believe how sturdy this thing is compared to the original YF-19 though still like the YF-19's overall look more. I've actually had the 19S displayed next to my newly arrived 17S on the coffee table for the past week since I love them both fighter mode. Next, gonna move onto transforming the 17S and then place them in my display cabinet. :)

I'm planning of getting the VF-19 Fire valk, are there any QC issues with this since it is the first of the line?

Some people have had problems with the ankle joints. The problem is if you lean too far forward or backward it can loosen up the joint. I have one but have not had this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he means he intends to repaint them into DYRL colors, which might be something of a difficult task. That blue plastic will not be easy to cover up.

You might have better luck if you kitbashed a bunch of F, S, and P models together though, since the P (if it ever gets made) will probably be close to white. You'd just have to transplant a few key parts like the shoulders, heads, and wingroot assemblies.

This is why I REALLY want a kit version of the VF-19, molded in white, or even gray. The engineering tolerances on the VF-19 are so tight, and it will take so many coats to cover that blue (or red) plastic, you'll never have any hope of transforming a repainted one without destroying the paint.

Not to mention that the plastic is smooth and glossy so the paint will have a harder time adhering unless you rough it up with some sandpaper. In addition, you'll likely be scraping the paint off the nose cone every time you transform it into battroid mode due to the way the chest piece has to squeeze over the nose in order to lock in.

I didn't bother to add a flat coat on my 19S for this very reason.

After seeing the recent pics of the 19P, I decided to drop my pre-order for the F which I was going to just keep in fighter after cannabilizing a part that had broken on my 19S (which is now in fighter mode and stays together quite well in that mode despite the broken hip peg). Given a choice between getting another short winged 19 or something more unique like the 19P, I figured the P was a better option. I hope some pics of the battroid mode surface soon. I want to see how well they sculpted the head unit.

After seeing the recent pics of the 19P, I decided to drop my pre-order for the F which I was going to just keep in fighter after cannabilizing a part that had broken on my 19S (which is now in fighter mode and stays together quite well in that mode despite the broken hip peg). Given a choice between getting another short winged 19 or something more unique like the 19P, I figured the P was a better option. I hope some pics of the battroid mode surface soon. I want to see how well they sculpted the head unit.

I was hoping to see you customize both of those :/ But a nicely weathered and panel lined P is enough for me :D

Edited by Loop