Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

kai= correction = revise

and so on :p

btw, still toying with the idea of getting vf-19s or yf-29.....love 29 roy focker scheme, but the review in the net saying 19s is like some engineering marvel. and its from yamato......now i'm not sure.

Yes, so obviously "Correction=Revise" is Arthurius's favourite character in all of Macross.

Anyway, Yamato's VF-19 is the best Macross toy ever made (not including the VF-4 only because I haven't handled it). Trust me, we did a 3-hour podcast about every single Yamato toy. Bandai's offerings mostly turn loosey goosey after a few weeks. My VF-27 is now made out of jelly. The VF-171EX is sort of hanging in there.

VF-19改

ya, that "kai" japanese words is revise/correction/changes :D

cannot accept vf-19kai red color @.@.

so, ok, i'm gonna bite the bullet and get the vf-19s now. man i hate forums!! especially macross forums. the money i spent this month for this macross thingy can get me a medium range ipad!! ( which can only last 2 years anyway ) ^^

The VF-19 is by far a better toy and probably the only valk where I prefer the battroid mode to fighter.

yeah, i like it in all it's forms... so i'm transforming mine all the damned time. such an amazing transformation,

i cannot seem to get enough if it! no doubt my 19S will be the very first on the boards to wear out... :(:p:(

hi jenius, love your awesome blog.

so, in your opinion, which is the best yamato macross toy that you think is the best?

ok, maybe make it top 3 list? :)

i would prefer vf-11 over vf-19, the vf-11 looks similar to vf-1 in some way. but every one is giving vf-19 a good comment, including jenius's blog, so, i just bought it online 30 mins ago. oh well, yamato is history now, its now or never.

Wow, best Macross toy ever made? That's some praise! If GERWALK mode weren't so "meh" I think that'd be an easy claim. Might still be true though but it certainly didn't run away with the title.

Wow, best Macross toy ever made?

well the 19S definitely ties with the 1/60v.II VF-1 as all time greatest MACROSS toy, in my personal book... :wub:

19 series GERWALK is A-OK IMHO, and the 1/60 VF-19k/S/F/P does the mode fine justice AFAIAC...

Edited by Shaorin

actually i prefer the 19 in white, or yf-19, but yf-19 is too expensive.

btw, i saw in some random news, whole crew of yamato has been transferred to arcadia,so there is hope for future toys release. so i hope we will have more choice, other than bandai.

I don't know that I disagree with the VF-19 as the best Macross toy ever. I haven't really had to choose one over the rest but that one would certainly be a strong candidate. I'm a huge fan of the renewal VF-25 and YF-29 toys, as well as Yamato 1/3000 SDF-1 (although there's not a whole lot going on with that toy). I'll have to give this some more thought before I post my update in a couple days.

The VF-4 is the best toy Yamato produced IMO. They nailed Fighter and Battroid on the 19 but Gerwalk is lacking big time. As a fan of Gerwalk mode in particular who poses every one of the different variants in Gerwalk (I have one of each 1/60 from Yamato and Bandai in Gerwalk minus the VF-4, YF-29 and VF-27) it's one of the least fun and one of the most irritating to do anything with. That puts it out of contention for perfect in my book.

actually i prefer the 19 in white, or yf-19, but yf-19 is too expensive.

btw, i saw in some random news, whole crew of yamato has been transferred to arcadia,so there is hope for future toys release. so i hope we will have more choice, other than bandai.

If you like it in white then the VF-19P maybe what you like. Pictures don't do it justice but I love all 5 of my 19's. Great toy all around and you won't be disappointed. Now I am curious to where Jenius ranks this since a lot of people use anymoon as a guide in collecting (myself included)

Weeell... While the VF-4 is truly epic.....at least the 19 doesn't have missiles that fall off every time u pick it up.....just sayin....overall though it is really hard to choose the best of the two. Just my .02.

Ohh sweeeeet!!! That was 1500 posts !!!

Edited by derex3592

Weeell... While the VF-4 is truly epic.....at least the 19 doesn't have missiles that fall off every time u pick it up.....just sayin....overall though it is really hard to choose the best of the two. Just my .02.

Ohh sweeeeet!!! That was 1500 posts !!!

Missiles falling off is far less of an issue than one of three modes that's particularly broken.

Ok I fiddled with my VF-19S today after it arrived from Angolz and it is amazing. I only transformed it for Fighter to Battroid because the Gewalk joint on the right leg wouldn't extend and I was anxious to break it (after I had the Valkyrie in Battroid mode it came loose by itself). The VF-19 is really astonishing. I like the design of the Frontier Valks generally more and prefer the YF-19 over the VF-19 but holy guacamole is it fun do play with *swoosh*. I would preferred a matte painted surface surface but that is only aesthetic.

I will see how much I bothered with the Gerwalk-mode after a little bit more play time but I can say I like it. I don't love it at the moment but that can change. :)

Sad to see Yamato go but now I have a memoriam.

Ah and one of the tail wings does not peg in well as far as I can see but that is only a minor nitpick.

Ok I fiddled with my VF-19S today after it arrived from Angolz and it is amazing. I only transformed it for Fighter to Battroid because the Gewalk joint on the right leg wouldn't extend and I was anxious to break it (after I had the Valkyrie in Battroid mode it came loose by itself). The VF-19 is really astonishing. I like the design of the Frontier Valks generally more and prefer the YF-19 over the VF-19 but holy guacamole is it fun do play with *swoosh*. I would preferred a matte painted surface surface but that is only aesthetic.

I will see how much I bothered with the Gerwalk-mode after a little bit more play time but I can say I like it. I don't love it at the moment but that can change. :)

Sad to see Yamato go but now I have a memoriam.

Ah and one of the tail wings does not peg in well as far as I can see but that is only a minor nitpick.

On my F,S and P the left tail wing doesn't peg in as well. It can be done, but it takes some fidgeting to make it sit flush whereas the right tail wing just works.

Thanks for the tip I will try to get it working during the next transformation. Oh, another nitpick would be the two shields. I really like the anime accurate shield (because it's in the show) but I hate the missing storage for the other shield. I tried to make the Blazer a double shield Valkyrie but that looks stupid. I need some kind of storage solution but I don't like the zip-lock bags. I would preferred it if Yamato just didn't include the second shield so I'm not torn apart between the two. :unsure:

Thanks for the tip I will try to get it working during the next transformation. Oh, another nitpick would be the two shields. I really like the anime accurate shield (because it's in the show) but I hate the missing storage for the other shield. I tried to make the Blazer a double shield Valkyrie but that looks stupid. I need some kind of storage solution but I don't like the zip-lock bags. I would preferred it if Yamato just didn't include the second shield so I'm not torn apart between the two. :unsure:

I personally like having the other shield for battroid. It centers on the arm unlike the fighter mode shield. That was one of my nit picks with the other shields Yamato has done. The shield would either sit high or low on the arm. I am glad they included it for people that are concerned with aesthetics.

Yes I'm really like the second shield including the points you made but it's a shame that I have no storage for it. I should buy some revo-container or something else. The boxes for the Renewal add-on packs are also full with additional parts and far away in storage. :unsure:

i didn't like the shield popping off during transformations, nor did i care for Anime Accuracy in the shield at all,

so i just superglued my P.TRANSFORMATION shield in place.

i tried the neck and thigh cover parts just once, but i never tried the Anime Accurate shield unit at all.

swappable parts, however optional, just don't rub me well. they harken too far back to bad memories of the dark days

of Parts Forming MACROSS toys/models... :(

I wonder how hard it would be to make a hybrid shield with a sliding peg... ^_^ Actually, no.. now that I think about it, the shield is really what holds the arms together in fighter mode. Making the pegs for one arm slide might mean you couldn't have sturdy pegs on the other arm, because they might interfere with the arm. I'd have to think about that for a while.

Saying any particular thing Yamato made is the "best" is tricky because they all have their ups and downs. I will say that the engineering in the VF-19s is probably the most impressive of any of their products (borked up ankles not withstanding).

I'd put the VF-4 right behind it, only because that valk never was actually animated as transforming, so it never had to contend with matching up to any expectations based on anime magic. Doesn't make the VF-4 any less impressive, but getting the VF-19 to look so accurate in both battroid and fighter modes really is a feat.

But meh. It's all about preference, and I love the VF-19s to death. I just hope somewhere down the road Arcadia makes a new YF-19 based on the same engineering.

Either way, I might be forced to shapeways the heck out of my old 1/60 YF-19.

Edited by Chronocidal

I really don't understand why they couldn't have included a small bit that slides so that the transformation shield centers itself as well.

or maybe 2 parts that slide out of the side of the shield, so it can "transform" from fighter mode shield to battroid mode shield. I think the fighter mode shield look kind of oddly shaped for battroid, but that's just my opinion. Again I think it should be chalked up as a nit pick though.

I really don't understand why they couldn't have included a small bit that slides so that the transformation shield centers itself as well.

The anime-accurate shield is more than just a retool of the perfect transformation shield. It's smaller and rounder...I guess they could do with a sliding joint though.

The anime-accurate shield is more than just a retool of the perfect transformation shield. It's smaller and rounder...I guess they could do with a sliding joint though.

I know they're shaped different, I own three of them. But the transforming shield could actually transform too.

I busted out the yf-19 today. I was feeling a little nostalgia for it. I've mostly kept in fighter mode and in storage since i first bought back in 2008. It's still decent in fighter mode but wow does battroid mode ever suck. I'm not sure if this is normal or not but hopefully one of you can tell me. During transformation i noticed the legs and torso separate quite easily from from the rest of the yf-19. The legs in particular don't look like they click or attach to anything...they just slide in. So if you spread the legs too far apart they will actually separate from the body.

I guess they could have added a third peg in the middle of the transformation shield to allow for a center mounting point. The forearms already have slots for the gun-pod so additional slots wouldn't be necessary.

Maybe the reason for the design the chosen was the perfect transformation of the toy because this way you can transform the toy without removing the shield.

Honestly, I think the p-trans shield is fine being off-centered. It was supposed to have spare magazines on the back of it remember?

As far as best Yamato valk...still going with the vf-4. Even according to the lineart it looks spot-on in gerwalk mode, since IIRC it was designed after fighter- & Battroid-modes. Missiles are still a pita though.

Edited by Lightning

I see the 19P and VF-4 as achieving different goals. As kinda just not on the same path. I find it hard to compare them. Its not llike comparing the VF-17 to the 19. Or the VF-4 to the VF-1. I think they are both great.

And the last 19P from HLJ in on the truck for delivery as we speak!

vf-17 vs vf-19?? what do you guys think? ( ok, i bought both last week, havent ship out yet though)

19P looks good. too bad its like twice the price of 19S. so i'm gonna tell myself, looking like Blue Angel acrobatic team arent so bad after all!

Vf-11C is very handsome too!! ( any white valk is handsome)

It's hard to compare the 17 and 19. Overall the 19 fits together better in all modes and definitely feels better engineered. The decision to not have the hip/intakes attach on the 17 in fighter and especially in Gerwalk means they can separate/droop (you will see some separation if you have them on a stand.) Also, the 17 just doesn't fit together as well in all three modes. The 19 looks perfect in all three modes and is fun to pose in Battroid (it absolutely sucks in Gerwalk) whereas some people don't like the interpretive look of the 17 in fighter but it poses and looks great in both Gerwalk and Battroid (it's still my most fun to pose in Battroid of all the 1/60's I own.)

How well the 19 fits together seems to vary. My 19S fit together reasonably well with few gaps in fighter mode, but when I got the F, it was surprisingly much worse. The wings just wouldn't fit in properly, leaving relatively sizable gaps where the wing tabs into the chest piece and the part that tabs into the leg pops out a lot. Then I got the P and that thing was the most perfectly fitting 19 ever. I never got the 19Kai since that thing is truly fugly to me and couldn't bring myself to buy one, so I can't compare how well that thing fit together compared to the P.