I just watched Transformers 3 for the first time.

Wow!

What an awesome movie!

Alien Autobot robots who speak with thick accents of foreign stereotypes. I love how they did that in the Star Wars prequels!

Optimus Prime is stone cold killer - That's the role model kids need!

I wonder what Megan Fox character was doing during all of this?

Now they are making a 4th one I'm soooooooo thereeeee!!!

Just imagine if Hummny Gawld had to do a sanitized version of these films. :wacko:

• 7 months later...
Wow... what's his problem?

I'm sick of directors that make expensive moves full of VFX/fill their movies with Bayexplosions, hires no name actors or models thinking they can act, or change a franchise so much that it becomes a laughable footnote but you don't see me complaining about it.

I find it great news: he could give up on using humans altogether and just give us robots voiced by computers for the next movie... or better yet, do the acting himself, get sick of his own attitude and shitty way of directing actors and swear off filmmaking.

I'm with bay on this. If actors think a role is beneath them, then don't take it. I love Weaving but if he's just going to crap all over captain america and transformers... well, no one made him take those roles and certainly no one made him sign multi-movie deals. Not saying he needs to gush about them... but he could just has easily kept his mouth shut or just said he was grateful for the opportunity to make so much money for less than 2 hours of work, at the expense of some no name VA... whose only shtick in life is doing voice work.

I'm willing to bet there's a context being missed here. from what I can tell Weavings comments were about the disjoint in the pricess in general. Yeah, he probably should have done research on what he was signing on for, but his comments imply that no one made any effort to do more than hand him his lines, and call it a day. Listening to the dialogue and delvery for all of the VO, I doubt he was the only one. It now makes total sense that every CG character sounded like they were reciting line in a vacuum, they were.

Weaving tells in an interview how he feels AFTER doing TF and Captain America with himself. He certainly does not say anywhere that he felt above the roles when doing them.

Kinda surprised someone can get flak for speaking what they really feel about their past work. I personally find it great to see something other than ass kissing and certainly courteous of Weaving to hold comments of personal feelings with his own work that might affect sales of a project made by a lot of people for AFTER they have run their full promotional lifespan.

http://collider.com/hugo-weaving-the-hobbit-trilogy-interview/203015/

Bay just overreacted (his comment quickly disappeared after he posted it… but not fast enough and now we have this little Hollywood drama). Weaving doesn’t say anything new (we all know that Megatron is useless in the movies and that the script is nonexistent) other than saying that Bay didn’t work with him in any possible way to actually give an opinion about the guy. The unfortunate comment can be taken as bad… but that is a well known reality: Bay cares more for his explosions than his actors. And he’s been called worse by a lot of other people anyways.

My biggest issue with Bayformers is the design of the characters. Obviously having G1 style characters would be a bad idea, seeing as how very few people would relate to vehicles from the 1980's. However, seeing as how we were given modern vehicles in the Binaltech/Alternators line, and also with Alternity, as well as the Masterpiece series, with excellent transformations that looked great in both vehicle and robot modes, the designs could have been much better than the shredded metal that we got. There was a huge opportunity to appeal to both older and younger audiences by going that route. Instead, Bay just gave the older fans the finger and did what he wanted, resulting in a divided fan base.

Edited by Metal_Massacre_79

Haha, I thought this thread died, so, are they actually making this again? June 27, 2014? i figured after TMNT got shut down, MB might get a wake up call for his $hitty ideas.

My biggest issue with Bayformers is the design of the characters. Obviously having G1 style characters would be a bad idea, seeing as how very few people would related to vehicles from the 1980's. However, seeing as how we were given modern vehicles in the Binaltech/Alternators line, and also with Alternity, as well as the Masterpiece series, with excellent transformations that looked great in both vehicle and robot modes, the designs could have been much better than the shredded metal that we got. There was a huge opportunity to appeal to both older and younger audiences by going that route. Instead, Bay just gave the older fans the finger and did what he wanted, resulting in a divided fan base.

OH7Z73FH7LRC47LNMU4UI2FSUN4GYY46.jpeg

the designs could have been much better than the shredded metal that we got. There was a huge opportunity to appeal to both older and younger audiences by going that route. Instead, Bay just gave the older fans the finger and did what he wanted, resulting in a divided fan base.
It also resulted in Transformers figures, video games, and a television show that are influenced by the Bayformers look. So there's no "waiting it out" since any new TF product is already -I guess tainted is the word I'm looking for.- before it's released to the masses. Edited by RD Blade

Well, if they're watching this, I - added to others - wish for a reboot. The first one was cool because it was the Transformers on the BIG SCREEN! But there was no Spike. And there was very little robot to robot interaction, just us flesh-bags squirling about like mad things and yipping. They could do the G-1 storyline so well, I don't understant why they didn't from the first.

As for the Third movie, they wasted a great opportunity. With her Royal High Ass having been kicked off the project, they should have gone further and killed her character completely. Get a body double, CG her face for some quick, flashback shots, and use any one of the thousands of sound clips of her screaming Sam's name - and then have Starscream step on her. It would have brought a darker focus onto Sam's character, a vengeful air that Prime, in his infinite wisdom, could have counseled against. But no, the love affair is just suddenly 'over,' a new super model girlfriend has been jammed into place, complete jealous agnst, and yadda yadda yadda Hollowood Hollowood Hollowood...

Reboot!

I vote for insecticons come along and confess to using a clone beam and Megatron et-al are all clones. Ta - Da real ones turn up and continue where clones left off, meanwhile clones remains have been jetisoned into space and Unicron picks em up as in 1986 and makes Galvatron, who then goes on to own Cybertron and then comes to Earth after The Autobots kill Megatron again to mix it up. Jazz is also back after returning from a covert mission (afterall he's supposed to be into espionage etc), his clone bought the farm in the first film. More Cybertron time and less Squishies.

I know this is as likely as real Transformers turning up. more likely to see My Little Ponies using magic rainbow beams to bring back all the dead TF's.

As Hasbro have posted a slight loss this last Q I bet they are looking at more posible film tie ins, we've had GI Joe, Transformers, and Battleship, how about Furbies, My Little Ponies or Visonaries.

Was Jem ever that popular ? All I remember was the cartoons constantly on and the dolls on special in Woolworths.

According to this L.A. Times article, Jem was seen by 2.5 million viewers weekly and was the #3 animated series on syndication back in 1986-87. I'll admit to being one of those viewers, as I was waiting for the next episode of Transformers.

As for the toys, they barely scratched the Barbie franchise. I do have to admit, though, that the Jem toy line was very innovative; for example, the

playset had a built-in speaker that you can even use with your iPod. Barbie counterattacked with the Barbie and the Rockers line, but that flopped miserably. Hasbro scrapped the Jem toy line during season 2, meaning that the Stingers from season 3 never had dolls.

Was Jem ever that popular ? All I remember was the cartoons constantly on and the dolls on special in Woolworths.

No, I can't imagine it was ever that big in the UK. Ulysses 31, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, MASK, Inspector Gadget, My Little Pony, and of course, Danger Mouse, Victor & Hugo and Count Duckula seem to have left far more of an impression there. I could be wrong, though.

Growing up in Peru, it only barely registered with me as that thing that was on before Transformers. None of my friends really ever talked about it or anything. I feel nostalgic for it in that respect, and all things considered I don't think the music is so bad.

According to this L.A. Times article, Jem was seen by 2.5 million viewers weekly and was the #3 animated series on syndication back in 1986-87. I'll admit to being one of those viewers, as I was waiting for the next episode of Transformers.

That's interesting that they made a conscious decision not to go down the road of marketing the music as stand-alone releases, competing with mainstream real-life acts. One wonders how well they would have done -- I would have predicted quite a sensation. Funny how almost the exact opposite was Big West's strategy for Macross 7: Victor made a killing with marketing the hell out of the music, while Bandai wallowed in uncertainty with the mere couple of toys they brought out. Thank god for Yamato, although it's 17 years after the fact now.

As for the toys, they barely scratched the Barbie franchise. I do have to admit, though, that the Jem toy line was very innovative; for example, the

playset had a built-in speaker that you can even use with your iPod. Barbie counterattacked with the Barbie and the Rockers line, but that flopped miserably. Hasbro scrapped the Jem toy line during season 2, meaning that the Stingers from season 3 never had dolls.

You mean "Walkman", right?? I shudder at the ubiquity of the word "iPod"...

Again, Yamato really should have put an MP3 player or real speakers or SOMETHING into their Fire Valk toy...

Oh yeah, forgot this thread was about Transformers 4. Sigh. I guess I have nothing to say, then...

Well, Hasbro recently announced they're bringing Jem back to toy stores this Holiday season. That is, if anyone's willing to fork over $125 per doll. Truly outrageous. Truly truly truly outrageous. :ph34r:

I'll be honest, If these where Hot Toys quality figures, I'd totally throw down that much for a Jem doll. But these are not nearly that nice and it's kind of sad. :(

:edit:

great, now I'm thinking how amazing it would be to get an truely high quality set of misfits figures. stormer... mmm :wub:

Edited by anime52k8

No, I can't imagine it was ever that big in the UK. Ulysses 31, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, MASK, Inspector Gadget, My Little Pony, and of course, Danger Mouse, Victor & Hugo and Count Duckula seem to have left far more of an impression there. I could be wrong, though.

Well with the exception of Jayce and Victor and Hugo (only because I never saw them, not sure why) they are very UK market. Mask was massive and MLP is still a hot subject here see them at car boot sales ( like garage sales but in car parks or fields) all the time and the often command good prices.

As for Danger Mouse he is just a British Icon. If they re did it it would undoubtedly be excellent.

I have Ulysses 31 on DVD French anime at its finest. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I

I don't care who is in front of the camera, as long as Michael Bay isn't behind it.

Fat chance of that happening, though. Bay's what Guido's call a good earner. As far as TF movies are concerned, he keeps productions under budget, and delivers on time to packed theaters. The only time we might see him go is when people finally tire of the franchise, and TF gets a few years of rest before receiving a reboot.