What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

So with AnimeBoston over I wanted to share yearly haul. :)

Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple

Vividred Operation

Girls Und Panzer+OVA

Upotte!

Medaka Box Abnormal

Ikki Tousen Xtreme Xecutor

Rio Rainbow Gate

Nadia The Secret Of Blue Water

Bubble Gum Crash

Tekkaman Blade II

Mystery Of Mamo

Lupin III First Contact

Woman Called Fujiko Mine

Trinity Blood

Fight Iczer One

Machine Robo(what of it that got released in the US)

Waiting In The Summer

Sailor Victory

Eiken

Kill La Kill is coming up to its last episode T_T! going to be insane

Robot Girls Z takes forever to come out, im not sure if its bi-weekly or what.

I've been thinking about re-watching Macross frontier series too,so might give that another run while nothings going on.

Log Horizon finished up this past weekend. Although I'm really liking it, the series, as a whole, seemed to crawl at times. Episodes would take on a "slice of life set within an MMO" feel, rather than focus on advancing the plot or having any action. The final episode ended with, what I feel like, is a promise for more adventure next season. Looking forward to picking things up again next October.

I started watching Kill la Kill, my friends that are anime fiends have been trying to put me onto this for a while now, I've been pushing Hannibal and other series on them so I guess it's fair. Kill la Kill is, uh, what the f&@$, this s*!# is crazy, I'm liking it so far.

I've started watching Upotte!! I can't help but enjoy watching it, its so gun geeky! Its so adorable how the girls really are the personification of the weapons they're based on and how those traits/faults shape their personality. I'm also a little surprised by the lack of fanservice(Sako's psycho b**** antics aside) given the thong/skeleton stock jokes.

I can see how someone not interested in guns might not like it, but having served and been around firearms all my life this show kinda makes me squee in glee. It also will never make me look at Lord Of War the same ever again, given the fact Nicolas Cage's character in the Upotte universe would be a pimp selling little schoolgirls... eww. :(

Congrats to RL1 for getting Iczer 1 and Tekkaman Blade 2, even if Nadia, Vivi Dred, and panzer females had to come with it. :p

And so Witch Craft Works is over, yeah the main problems never went away and the main hero only seeing the heroine as just friend was disappointing, but that aside this was quite enjoyable. I dare say this is the best magic girl anime out there, even better than 70s Cutey Honey (and as a Go Nagai fan that is saying a lot). Not 10/10 material, but if they make a sequel series that might have potential. However that feeling was spoiled with VS Knight Ramune and 40 Fresh aka NOBODY HAS HEARD THE CONCEPT OF BUILD UP. Yeah the new Kill la Kill episode has the same problems as many previous episodes, but at least samurai guy FINALLY unsewed his eyes, so that is not what I am going to rant about. No, I'm going on about 40 Fresh because I just finished it an hour ago. Yes my source fixed the vids for those that read my last post.

Shortly after episode 1 the series suddenly became incredibly dark. Like main villain molests his second in command and later the other main heroine. Drum is back and does nothing but cry while mounted on a wall. The music was really bad although the second ending theme was tolerable. Then there is the fact that the main villain is trying to save a whole galaxy so his idea is to ruthlessly invade earth to get a mech called the Mythic Knight. This would be fine and all if he did not go around molesting and torturing his people for no friggin reason. The final nail in the coffin was that the tag along loli was the real hero the whole time and just asks the Mythic Knight to stop RIGHT AS THE EARTH IS ABOUT TO BLOW AND THAT EVEN REVERSES THE DAMAGE. The twist itself was not bad considering her name is Lemon and it is implied she is the daughter of Lemonade from the series, but some indication she was special could have been nice and no I am not counting that weird fantasy in the final episode where Parfait kisses her in a delusion, she almost comes across as a pedophile when it has been firmly established she is straight and likes men. So with all those negatives what DO I like? The mecha and action were actually okay and in the second half the writing was well done for the villain's back story even if dumb time hacking nonsense filled up the exposition. The ecchi elements also made some degree of sense (powers being at their best when not being covered in clothing and piloting mecha while in water, the latter being kind of unique. The humor was actually funny (when they bothered having it and it was not immensely dark). And finally the lack of constant useless puns cemented this as being better than the TV series. It may not be bad like /m/ says it is, but it is kind of easy to see why.

Might as well end this on the note that I made it to ep 5 of GTO and I have to wonder how the hell is the main character not in jail at this point? I am also aware of one of the events in the mid 30s and it seems mind boggling (maybe it'll make sense in context who knows).

Edited by DuelGundam2099

The new season will soon come.

I want to tell "the new animes I will watch" in advance.

Love Live season 2

Disk Wars: Avengers

Insufficient Direction

I won't watch many animes. Don't feel like watching more.

I did an exchange with my bro and gave him my Yamato BD's and he lent me JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I've only seen 3 episodes so far but it's a blast. It's like Fist of the North Star dropped into Victorian England. The levels of GAR are positively off the charts.

Kill la Kill ends tomorrow and I cannot wait. There were so many death flags in the last episode that we might be in for a memorable finale.

Today I started to take on Watamote at munchyroll because apparently it is one of those series that Japan did not care for yet US folks apparently enjoy. I am half way through and GOOD LORD IS THIS JUNK AWFUL.

-Half the background characters don't have eyes while the other half does, it screams lazy
-The music is horrendous, 'nough said
-Why are so many light flares geometric shapes? Makes no sense and it too screams lazy
-The pacing is SO FRIGGIN SLOW
-The main character is beyond inept (too many examples)
-She is also incredibly mean (putting ice cubes in her brother's coffee? WHY?)
-So many terrible jokes (yes lets throw in cats humping to screw with the audience)
-ANTS DO NOT WORK LIKE THAT
-The main premise is for her to ge popular, but at ep 3 onward it seems more like she just wants a man (way to be consistent, title!)
-Too much ecchi junk/male gaze (isn't the main protagonist female?)

This anime also gave me a new pet peeve, it was kind of there with Vividred Operation, but I think warrants it: TOO MANY ENDING THEMES! WAIT TWELVE EPISODES BEFORE CHANGING IT!

No wonder 2chan loathed it although a 2chan insider at /a/ said they hated the series for "not being realistic as Tomoko could easily get a boy", (in all fairness ugly girls could easily get nearly any straight guy, but even average guys are lucky to get any girl ever) but even without irrationality like that it comes off as quite terrible. Not just the character is bad, but pretty much everything else has massive faults. Maybe it was on a budget, I don't know, but if the supposed tanking numbers are true maybe stories like this won't be getting made for a long time and thank fudge. Why is it I find myself agreeing with Japanese anime fans more than American anime fans?

Edit: And it is later in the day and I have finished it. The vast majority of problems still plagues the second half although the jokes became tolerable which is sort of a plus I guess. Unfortunately they decided to add breast bouncing as well for no reason. Positives to this? Well the other cast members were okay and when they were trying to have serious moments they were somewhat good. Unfortunately it had very little else going for it. Going to list some really dumb/bad moments from our heroine:

-cheating in a card game against a child just to impress some stranger
-thinking a kid cares about virginity
-making her brother do all the house work while he studies
-picking up random cats that might have rabies (does Japan have rabies?)
-potential butt touching just when your friend is hugging you
-clothes moving around on their own
-saying she NO LONGER HAS USE FOR HER BROTHER

And here I thought "Shanalra from Goldran cannot be topped as worse anime character ever" and BOY HOWDY WAS I SO WRONG. In addition she NEVER CHANGES. AT ALL. Her bad aspects got worse with time and she never got over her anxiety at all. Add some low budget CGI in the last daydream and a random up skirt shot in the last episode and you can tell this was just plain horrible. One of the worst anime ever made, bar none, and I've seen some bottom of the barrel titles.

Check in next time when I give my final thoughts on Kill la Kill and Samurai Flamenco!

Edited by DuelGundam2099

I did an exchange with my bro and gave him my Yamato BD's and he lent me JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I've only seen 3 episodes so far but it's a blast. It's like Fist of the North Star dropped into Victorian England. The levels of GAR are positively off the charts.

Kill la Kill ends tomorrow and I cannot wait. There were so many death flags in the last episode that we might be in for a memorable finale.

I read the Jojo manga up to mid Part VII about 10 years ago and when I heard they were finally making a TV series I was skeptical because there was no way it could match the level of fabulous-ness the manga had... god damn was I wrong! I can't wait for part 3 in about a week! I hope Jojo gets picked up for release over here.

Just finished the tv series of Girls Und Panzer and will be moving on to the OVA's next. This was a great series with fun likeable characters, and a rather interesting plot. I especially loved the tank geek stuff. I hope one day it gets another season or series. Just out of curiousity how many of you who have seen this realized the ton of references to Kelly's Heroes the Clint Eastwood film are in this?

Just finished the tv series of Girls Und Panzer and will be moving on to the OVA's next. This was a great series with fun likeable characters, and a rather interesting plot. I especially loved the tank geek stuff. I hope one day it gets another season or series. Just out of curiousity how many of you who have seen this realized the ton of references to Kelly's Heroes the Clint Eastwood film are in this?

A new straight to video (OVA) episode is going to come out this summer. It'll be about the battle with Anzio High, which was not fully shown in the TV series.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/BCXA-886

A theatrical release is also in the works.

Here's my Anglerfish Team. :)

gup05_zpsfa2e599f.jpg

Edited by Vifam7

FYI About Oarai, the model city of GuP.

A festival is held this weekend in Oarai. And of course, some GuP related events will be also held there.

00208_20140305_0004.jpg

I read the Jojo manga up to mid Part VII about 10 years ago and when I heard they were finally making a TV series I was skeptical because there was no way it could match the level of fabulous-ness the manga had... god damn was I wrong! I can't wait for part 3 in about a week! I hope Jojo gets picked up for release over here.

The level of fabulousness is indeed amazing: HOW MANY BREADS HAVE YOU EATEN IN YOUR LIFE?!!! Also, any show that uses Yes' "Roundabout" as it's ED cannot be anything but excellent

KILL LA KILL. What an ending! The energy this show had was a joy to see. I hope TRIGGER gets good sales results out of this (I know I'll be buying!) and continues doing stuff with their crazy style.

I finished the GuP OVA's and I'm a little disapointed with the content. Its mostly just the usual bonus fluff beach day, camping, etc. I did enjoy the ship tour episode that explaned a bit more about the world GuP takes place in. The winter episode with Erwin and the post victory celebration were interesting.

On a side note in the ship tour episode they pass a display with plaques from the other schools, but there were a couple I didn't recognize. Any idea who they were?

Mio's sisters school was the Iron Cross

Pravda was the soviet style logo

Anzio was the pizza style logo

Saunders was blue shield with star

Oarai was the black and blue ribbon

St. Glorianna's is the tea cup

Marginot with the cannon I'm guessing is the French based school

So what were the other two?

I finished the GuP OVA's and I'm a little disapointed with the content. Its mostly just the usual bonus fluff beach day, camping, etc. I did enjoy the ship tour episode that explaned a bit more about the world GuP takes place in. The winter episode with Erwin and the post victory celebration were interesting.

Sentai should've simply included them along with the main show release. Afterall, those "OVAs" were basically just short omake clips that were included on the Japanese discs.

On a side note in the ship tour episode they pass a display with plaques from the other schools, but there were a couple I didn't recognize. Any idea who they were?

Mio's sisters school was the Iron Cross

Pravda was the soviet style logo

Anzio was the pizza style logo

Saunders was blue shield with star

Oarai was the black and blue ribbon

St. Glorianna's is the tea cup

Marginot with the cannon I'm guessing is the French based school

So what were the other two?

The other two were

1. Keizoku Koukou - "Continuation War" High School. Continuation War : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation_War .

2. Chihatan Gakuin - "Chiha Academy". Chiha refers to the Type 97 'Chi-Ha' tank.

The other two were

1. Keizoku Koukou - "Continuation War" High School. Continuation War : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation_War .

2. Chihatan Gakuin - "Chiha Academy". Chiha refers to the Type 97 'Chi-Ha' tank.

Okay so they were schools based Finland(yah for at some point declaring war on everybody during the events of WWII), and what I'm guessing would be a sister academy of Oarai?t

I also found out by doing some digging on my own that one of the academies shown losing in the opening round montage was based on Poland which I feel bad about because they were using TKS tankettes. A snowball has a better chance in hell than a standard TKS taking out any other type of tank.

Just watched the Kill la Kill finale. Honestly, I'm not sure if this series was trying be Gurren Lagann, or a Go Nagai show, but all in all I enjoyed it. Not nearly as original as most Gainax efforts, and definatrly not at Gurren Lagann or Gunbusters level, but I like where Trigger is going. I also checked out Little Eitch Acadenia, which shows a lot more promise from Trigger. Beautiful animation, and a fun stody, I can't wait til they finish the second ep.

Kill La Kill finale was insanely insane, I loved it. Rip roaring ending to a solid and frantic series. so good that everyone there got their little time to shine. The final fight was awesome. Just a shame that Satsuki didnt get much action,but you know,life fibers and all. Ryuko ownz.

also had a laugh at the Weyland Corp logo easter egg, someone on the team is a Alien fan. :p

Maybe i'll check out this Girls un Panzer or Pilots Love Song.

Kill la Kill is without a doubt one of the worst anime of all time, in the final episode alone I could count no less than thirteen issues wrong with it:

-torso face blasts, how did his face become part of his torso
-Gamagoori shown to be stabbed with blood going out only for titanium to block the attack
-sudden Nui clones with no explanation
-butt pulls on how the Godrobes can't be controlled
-they never explained how life fibers became active from the previous 20 years
-titanic buttpull on how Ryuko can fuse everyone's clothes to her godrobe (nope, not buying it)
-calling the final form "fashion week"
-so the main bad guy can control life fibers yet can't control Ryuko or the godrobes because.... The fight would have been over in seconds, just cut off oxygen to her brain
-how the hell are they talking in space? They clearly have this battle OUTSIDE THE ATMOSPHERE
-too much f**king yelling
-NOBODY DIES AFTER FALLING FROM ORBIT
-YOU CANNOT FALL FROM ORBIT AND YOUR INERTIA TAKES A SUDDEN RIGHT ANGLE TURN

-how are there still clothes existing on the planet?

How most audiences don't find this series insulting is beyond me. Here's where I rank it:

/10/
1. 1001 Nights
2. Genesis of Aquarion /Wings of Betrayal and Glory
3. Gear Fighter Dendoh
4. Death Note*
5. Fang of The Sun Dougram/Dougram Vs. Roundfacer*
6. Zegapain
7. The Ultraman
8. Shin Mazinger Z Impact! Z Chapter*
9. Claymore
10. Brave of The Sun Fighbird
11. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: The Lights in The Sky Are Stars
12. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny/Final Plus + Super Nova*
13. Neon Genesis Evangelion/End of Evangelion
14. Six God Combination God Mars
15. E.Y.E.S. of Mars
16. Brave Command Dagwon/The Boy With The Crystal Eyes
17. Steel Jeeg
18. Gravion/Zwei
19. The Ideon: Be Invoked
20. Super Robot Wars Original Generation: The Inspector*
21. Giant Gorg
22. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Special Edition
23. MD Geist 2: Death Force
24. Brave Fighter of Legend Da-Garn
25. Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
26. Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu*
27. The Vision of Escaflowne
28. Zoids
29. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann/Gekijouban Zenyasai Special: Viral's Sweet Dream
30. Fafner: Heaven and Earth
31. Mazinger Z
32. Great Dangaioh
33. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED/After-Phase Between The Stars
34. New Getter Robo
35. Godannar!! Season 1/2
36. Brave Raideen*
37. Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance/3D
38. After War Gundam X*
39. Mazinkaiser SKL*
40. Eureka Seven: Pocket Full of Rainbows
41. Betterman
42. Mobile Suit Gundam 00: A Wakening of The Trailblazer
43. Combat Mecha Xabungle
44. Super Electromagnetic Robot Combattler V
45. Miami Guns*
46. Getter Robo G
47. Dougram: Documentary of The Fang of The Sun
48. Space Runaway Ideon
49. Death and Rebirth of Evangelion
50. RahXephon
51. Steel God Jeeg
52. Galaxy Cyclone Braiger
53. Gundam 00 Season 2
54. Escaflowne: A Girl in Gaea
55. Getter Robo Armageddon*
56. Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone
57. Armored Trooper VOTOMS*
58. Battle Commander Daimos
59. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Special Edition
60. Steamboy
61. Dancouga: Blazing Epilogue
62. Nausicaa of The Valley of The Wind
63. Gun X Sword/San
64. Brave Police J-Decker
65. Lord of Lords Ryu Knight
66. Neo Ranga
67. Neo Human Casshern
68. SD Gundam Force
69. Akira
70. Star Driver
71. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
72. Aura Battler Dunbine/Tales of Neo Byston Well
73. Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory: The Afterglow of Zeon
74. Shuten Doji: The Star Hand Kid
75. Aquarion Evol
76. Diebuster
77. Porco Rosso
78. Tokyo Godfathers
79. UFO Robo Grendizer*
80. Big O Season 1/2*
81. New Mobile Report Gundam Wing*
82. Eureka Seven AO: Astral Ocean
83. GaoGaiGar FINAL
84. Pale Cocoon
85. Super Dimension Century Orguss 02
86. Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory/Cima Special
87. Heroic Age
88. Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Alone Again
89. Getter Robo*
90. MD Geist
91. God Bless Dancouga
92. Freezing/Specials
93. SD Gundam Gaiden
94. Six God Combination God Mars Movie
95. Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Pailsen Files/Movie
96. Gunbuster/Science Lesson + EX Renewel
97. Super Beast Machine God Dancouga/Requiem For Victims
98. Night Head Genesis*
/9/
1. Brave Express Might Gaine
2. Gargantia on The Venturous Planet/Specials + Petit Gargantia*
3. Pom Poko
4. Mobile Fighter G Gundam
5. Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Shining Heresy
6. The King of Braves GaoGaiGar
7. Elfen Lied/Special
8. Super Dimension Century Orguss*
9. Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 1
10. Great Mazinger
11. Zoids: Fuzors
12. Witch Craft Works*
13. The Devil Lady
14. Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz/Movie
15. Dai-Guard
16. Devilman
17. Universe
18. Vampire Hunter D
19. Cutey Honey
20. Brave Exkaiser
21. Ghastly Prince Enma Burning Up
22. Invincible Steel Man Daitarn 3*
23. Dancouga Nova
24. Grendizer, Getter Robo G, Great Mazinger: Decisive Battle! The Monster of The Ocean
25. Martian Successor Nadesico: Prince of Darkness
26. Armor Hunter Merowlink*
27. Metal Armor Dragonar
28. Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation
29. Iczer Reborn
30. Demon Lord Dante
31. Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Big Battle
32. Macross Zero/25th Anniversary All That Variable Fighters Air Shows
33. Fafner in The Azure
34. Mobile Suit Gundam Movies
35. Howl's Moving Castle
36. The Ideon: A Contact
37. A Country Doctor
38. Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
39. Argento Soma/Special
40. Blue Comet SPT Layzner*
41. Grave of The Fireflies
42. Code Geass R2 Special Edition: Zero Requiem
43. Big Wars
44. Strait Jacket
45. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann The Movie: Childhood's End
46. Mobile Suit Gundam
47. Beast King Golion
48. Super Electromagnetic Machine Voltes V*
49. Super Robot Wars Original Generations: The Animation
50. Macross 7/Plus
51. Guyver Bioboosted Armor
52. Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team/Battle in Three Dimensions
53. Detonator Orgun*
54. Inukami!/The Movie
55. Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Case;Irvine
56. Blue Gender
57. Invincible Super Man Zambot 3
58. Dream Dimension Hunter Fandora
59. Iria: Zeiram The Animation
60. Project Hades: Zeorymer
61. Hellsing/Psalm of Darkness
62. Hurricane Polymar
63. Amon Saga
64. Birthday Boy
65. X TV/An Omen
66. Heavy Metal L. Gaim
67. Viper's Creed*
68. Guyver: Biobooster Armor Season 1/2
69. Space Warrior Baldios/Movie
70. Mirror's Fundamental Tone
71. Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door
72. Majestic Prince
73. Demon City Shinjuku
74. DBZ: Broly, The Legendary Super Saiyan
75. Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ/Gundam Frag.
76. CB Chara Go Nagai World
77. Guilty Crown/Reassortment
78. Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Phantom Arc
79. Dangaizer 3
80. Heavy Metal L. Gaim: Full Metal Soldier
81. Mobile Suit Gundam F91
82. Super Atragon
83. Violence Jack: Hell's Wind
84. Lord of Lords Ryu Knight: Adeu's Legend
85. Ninja Scroll TV
86. Twilight of The Dark Master
87. Trigun: Badlands Rumble
88. Soul Eater
/8/
1. Code Geass: Lelouch of The Rebellion R2*
2. Cosmo Police Justy
3. Psalms of Planet Eureka Seven
4. Violence Jack: Evil Town
5. Cowboy Bebop
6. Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne Season 1/2
7. Nadia: Secret of The Blue Water The Motion Picture
8. Mazinkaiser/vs. The Great General of Darkness
9. Armored Trooper VOTOMS: Red Shoulder Document: Roots of Ambition
10. Another/The Other Inga
11. Cybuster*
12. G-9
13. Heroman/Specials
14. Cutey Honey Flash*
15. God Mars: The Untold Story
16. DBZ: Bojack Unbound
17. Zoids: New Century Zero
18. Armored Trooper VOTOMS: The Last Red Shoulder
19. Macross Frontier: The Wings of Goodbye
20. Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo/Dynamic Super Robots Grand Battle
21. Tekkaman: The Space Knight
22. Blazing Transfer Student
23. Ergo Proxy
24. Garzey's Wing
25. L. Gaim 2: Farewell My Lovely
26. Dragon Ball GT
27. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
28. Cybernetics Guardian
29. Batman: Gotham Knight
30. The Tokyo Project
31. Ushio and Tora/CD Theater
32. Princess Resurrection/Specials
33. Zoids: Genesis
34. Daicon Opening Animations
35. DBZ: Wrath of The Dragon
36. Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid/Episode 000 + The Commanding Officer's Rather Quiet Day
37. Tekkaman Blade 2
38. New Cutey Honey
39. Bio Hunter
40. Casshern: Robot Hunter
41. Armored Trooperoid VOTOMS: Finder
42. The Abashiri Family
43. Danguard Ace: The Great Space Battle
44. Pretear
45. Time Bokan: Royal Revival
46. Full Metal Panic!
47. Zone of The Enders: 2167 Idolo
48. Hurricane Polymar: Holy Blood
49. MS IGLOO 2: The Gravity Front
50. DBZ: Fusion Reborn
51. Tekkaman Blade/Specials
52. Laputa: Castle in The Sky
53. Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
54. Code Geass Special Edition: Black Knight Rebellion
55. Trigun
56. Danguard Ace vs. The Army of Robot Insects
57. Dragon Half
58. Overman King Gainer
59. SD Gundam: Romance of The Three Kingdoms: Brave Battle Warriors/Super Deneiban
60. Aquatic Language
61. Blue Seed
62. DBZ: Cooler's Revenge
63. Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos/Leina Stol in Wolf Sword Legend
64. Blade of The Phantom Master
65. Cosmos Pink Shock
66. Code Geass: Lelouch of The Rebellion
67. Baoh The Visitor
68. Gundam Evolve
69. DanGaiOh
70. Campus Special Investigator Hikaruon
71. Princess Mononoke
72. Wonder Momo
73. Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer
74. Android Kikaider The Animation
75. The Devil is a Part Timer!
76. Linebarrels of Iron/Specials
77. Macross 7: The Galaxy's Calling Me!
78. Iczer Girl Icelion
/7/
1. Zone of The Enders: Dolores, I
2. Fight! Iczer 1
3. Megazone 23
4. Resident Evil: Degeneration
5. Appleseed: Ex Machina
6. High School of The Dead
7. Blue Gender: The Warrior
8. Love of Kemeko
9. Brain Powerd
10. L. Gaim 1: Pentagona Window
11. Turn A Gundam
12. Macross Frontier
13. Metal Skin Panic Madox 01
14. Amon: Apocalypse of Devilman
15. Giant Robo: The Day The Earth Stood Still
16. MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079
17. Mazinger Z vs. The Great General of Darkness
18. Dragon Ball Z
19. Martian Successor Nadesico
20. Super Dimensional Fortress Macross*
21. Ninja Scroll Movie
22. MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War
23. Great Mazinger vs. Getter Robo G: The Great Clash in The Sky
24. RahXephon: Pluralitas Concentio
25. Lord of Lords Ryu Knight Adeu's Legend 2
26. Violence Jack: Slumking
27. Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
28. Super Dimension Fortress Macross 2: Lovers Again
29. Attack on Titan/Since That Day
30. DBZ: Super Android 13
31. Iron Virgin Jun
32. Petit Eva: Eva @ School
33. Skelter+Heaven
34. Hanappe Bazooka
35. Model Suit Gunpla Builders Beginning G
36. Dragon's Heaven
37. Great Mazinger vs. Getter Robo
38. La Maison en Petite Cubes
39. Del Power X
40. Voices of a Distant Star
41. Appleseed Movie
42. Kekko Kamen
43. Melody
44. Kikaider 01 The Animation
45. Macross Frontier: The False Songstress
46. Noiseman Sound Insect
47. Vandread: The Second Stage
48. Delinquent in Drag
49. R20: Galactic Airport
50. SD Gundam Counterattack
51. DBZ: Return of Cooler
52. Psycho Diver
53. Cutey Honey Flash: The Movie
54. The Diary of Tortov Roddle/Specials
55. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny: Stargazer
56. Animatrix
57. Robot Girls Z
58. Bavel's Book
59. Super Dimensional Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?
60. Black Lion
61. Appleseed
62. Negadon: The Monster From Mars
63. Berserk*
64. VS Knight Ramune and 40 Fresh
65. Sing in my Own Way
66. Fafner: Right of Left
67. Ninja Gaiden
68. Super Robot Wars: Original Generation: Divine Wars/Special
/6/
1. WXIII: Patlabor The Movie 3
2. Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt/Sanitary Box
3. The Boy That Carried a Guitar: Kikaider vs. Inazuman
4. Ai City
5. Macross 7 Encore
6. Demon Prince Enma
7. Dragon Ball
8. Mobile Suit Gundam Age
9. Mazinger Z vs. Devilman
10. Vandread
11. Dark Side Cat
12. Spirited Away
13. DBZ: Tree of Might
14. Gundam 0080: War in The Pocket*
15. 663114
16. VS Knight Ramune and 40 Fire
17. Macross Plus
18. Shonan Junai Gumi
19. Nadia: Secret of The Blue Water
20. SD Gundam Mark 2
21. Devilman: The Birth/The Death Bird
22. Genesis Climber MOSPEADA/Love Live Alive
23. Ninja Robot Tobikage
24. Agent Aika/Move Out
25. SD Gundam Mark 1
26. UFO Robo Grendizer vs. Great Mazinger
27. Dr.
28. Anemone
29. Giant Robo: Genrei Special
30. Street Fighter Alpha
31. DBZ: Lord Slug
32. Mobile Suit Gundam Age: Memory of Eden
33. Re: Cutey Honey
34. Choro Q Dougram
35. Blue Submarine No. 6
36. The Green Cat
37. Gekiganger 3
38. Mt. Head
39. DBZ: World's Strongest
40. Sonic The Hedgehog
41. Lightning Trap: Leina and Laika
42. Geno Cyber
43. The Wings of Rean
44. Lord of Lords Ryu Knight Adeu's Legend Final
45. Blue Seed Beyond
46. Legaciam
47. Battle of The Flying Saucers
48. Ursa Minor Blue
49. Armored Core: Fort Tower Song
50. SD Gundam Mark 5
51. Full Metal Alchemist/Conquer Shambala
52. The Incredible Gyokai Video Junk Boy
53. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Parallel Works
54. DBZ: The Dead Zone
55. Hyper Future Vision Gunnm
56. Rain Town
57. LOVE
58. Glassy Ocean
/5/
1. The Midnight Parasites
2. Mobile Police Patlabor: The Movie 2
3. Traveling Daru
4. DBZ: Second Coming of Broly
5. Ultraman Gekijo: Love and Peace
6. SD Gundam Mark 3
7. Golden Boy
8. Kamen Rider SD
9. Panda-Z: The Robonimation
10. Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team: Miller's Report
11. Wish Upon The Pleiades
12. Shoka
13. Vividred Operation
14. Macross Dynamite 7
15. FLCL
16. Mai-Otome Zwei/Extended Ending
17. SD Gundam Mark 4
18. Mars of Destruction
19. Perfect Victory Daiteioh
20. DBZ: Bardock, The Father of Goku
21. Battle Arena Toshinden
22. Guyver: Out of Control
23. Cardcaptor Sakura
24. Two-Mix: White Reflection
25. 30th Gundam Perfect Mission
26. Panzer Dragoon
27. Brave of Gold Goldran
28. Defend Love
29. Time Stranger Kyoko
30. Street Fighter 2
31. Gundam: Mission To The Rise
32. Man and Whale
33. Psychic Wars
34. Sonic Unleashed: Night of The Werehog
35. The Man Next Door
36. Ring of Gundam
37. DBZ: The History of Trunks
38. Voicework! The Animation
39. Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise
40. Extra
41. Kick Heart
42. Kekkaishi
43. Earth Maiden Arjuna*
44. Gundam SEED Astray
45. Macross Plus Movie
46. Dark Cat
47. Connected
48. Aika R-16: Virgin Mission
/4/
1. DBZ: Bio-Broly
2. Devil Hunter Yohko
3. She and Her Cat
4. Mobile Police Patlabor: The Movie
5. Musha Knight Commando SD Gundam Scramble
6. The TV Show
7. The Adventures of Kotetsu
8. Girls und Panzer/Introductions
9. Aika Zero
10. Mai-Otome
11. World War Blue
12. X The Movie/X2: Double X
13. Aos
14. Transform Combination! 5 Passionate Souls
15. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Strikers
16. Macross XX
17. Tokyo Babylon
18. Magikano
19. Quiz Magic Academy: The Second Animation
20. Magic Knight Rayearth/Omake
21. Girl Detective Club
22. Nunally in Wonderland
23. Mai Otome 0: S.ifr
24. Revolutionary Girl Utena: Adolescence Apocalypse
25. Clover
26. All That Gundam
27. Vampire Wars
28. Pop
29. Rayearth
30. Sword For Truth
31. Toei Robot Girls
32. Cardcaptor Sakura: The Movie
33. Murder
34. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Parallel Works 2
35. Ultraman Graffiti
36. Blood: The Last Vampire
37. Omishi Magical Theater: Risky Safety
38. Tales From Earthsea
/3/
1. Michi Music Video
2. Mobile Police Patlabor: The Original Series
3. Magical Chocolate
4. Chobits/Specials
5. Macross Frontier MUSIC CLIP Collection: Nyankuri
6. Human Zoo
7. This Ugly Yet Beautiful World
8. High School of The Dead: Drifters of The Dead
9. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's
10. The Room
11. Cardcaptor Sakura The Movie 2: The Sealed Card/Leave it to Kero!
12. Holy Knight
13. Revolutionary Girl Utena
14. RG Veda
15. Angelic White Magical Girls
16. Casshern Sins
17. Quiz Magic Academy: The Original Animation
18. Mobile Police Patlabor Minimum: Minipato
19. Afterschool Pleiades Movie
20. Wish
21. Noisy Birth
22. Rain, The Little Girl, and My Letter
23. Fumiko's Confession
24. Miyuki-chan in Wonderland
25. Other Worlds
26. Tragedy on The G-Line
27. Clamp in Wonderland 2
28. Watamote
/2/
1. Plastic Little
2. Macross: Flash Back 2012
3. The Five Star Stories
4. Little Witch Academia
5. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
6. The Girl From Phantasia
7. Kampfer/fur die Liebe
8. Quack Experimental Anime Excel Saga
9. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Kirameki Yoko Box: Pieces of Sweet Stars
10. Ultimate Girls
11. Clamp in Wonderland
12. The Striking Daughter: Sayuri
13. Mai-HiME/Specials
14. Puella Magi Sonico Magica
15. Kill la Kill
16. Straight Title Robot Anime
17. Kigurumikku V3
18. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha/Lyrical Toy Box
/1/
Puni Puni Poemi
Valvrave The Liberator

I'd rank it lower but a least it stuck to its genre.

Guest davidwhangchoi

what the??? i thought i was reading a post from a month ago... please do not start something that will get this thread shut down.

So Samurai Flamenco aka the best tokusatsu parody ever ended today. After wasting a third of the last episode on stuff we already knew we get our conclusions which.... Was quite unexpected, I did not see that coming, props to the creators. Truly this was the best anime of the year. Not sure if I should take on Trinity Blood, Fruit Basket, Black Lagoon, or Blood + next. I have heard stuff about Dream Hunter Rem, but it was a hentai in the first episode at first so....

Edited by DuelGundam2099

In what must surely be the worst news of the day for DuelGundam, it's been confirmed today that a 25th episode for Kill La Kill will be released as an OVA with volume 9 of the series. Apparently it will focus on their graduation from the academy.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/03/28/video-kill-la-kill-episode-ova-25-teaser

Kill La Kill shows that it is an unabashed and unashamed fantasy in one grand finale that rocked the house in these parts. I don't have too much to say without repeating the other kudos already delivered by other members. The Gurren Lagaan nod/easter egg during the huge battle was a nice touch, as well.

I also enjoyed these parts:

• The moment Senketsu realized that Satsuki could hear everything he was saying
  • The Nudist beach guys combining to form the super mech, and then getting tossed aside
  • Ryuko and Satsuki both with dueling scissor blades
  • Ryuko's attempt to bring Ragyo home (that kind of forgiveness isn't always shown in stories)
  • Mako being Mako and asking Ryuko on a date!
  • Satsuki's new haircut!

And yes, bring on the OVA!

Edited by technoblue