1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Anytime! Your camera does these VF's justice, very crisp & clear pictures! Look forward to the other angles! B))

Thanks 505th, I added the other 2 angles below. :D

Oh. This?

:wub:

:D

Another pose worthy of a cover of a book/mag! Nice background separation to bring Roy out :)

Added them below, hopefully you like them.

I need that on my phone wallpaper NOW!!! :wub:

:D

Yeah, that's a pretty cool pic. Love the CF's behind Roy.....oh yeah, and the Monster too, lol!

Thanks!

Here are the other pics.

30490658186_3dd68a13f9_h.jpg

30526942405_56477be49c_h.jpg

Deserves another bump. Looks fantastic!

Thank you Loli, I am always trying to do my best. :)

Nicely done!

:good:

Thanks Treatment!

Change of perspective makes all the difference eh? They are all beauts! :wub:

Yes, I wanted to highlight Roy and show the massiveness of the monster. I think I did a decent job in that.

woah ! Saburo strikes again!

Where.. what!? :p

Wow Saburo knows how to show that Roy's the boss.

Roy's the man! :D

Enjoying my SV-51r!! B))

Nice shots 505th! The 51 is really cool, but photographing it was such a pain at times. The one I have has some loose joints and the sad part is that its pretty much new, only transformed twice. :wacko:

Edited by Saburo

Nice shots 505th! The 51 is really cool, but photographing it was such a pain at times. The one I have has some loose joints and the sad part is that its pretty much new, only transformed twice. :wacko:

Thank you!! She's a beauty and a beast, yet definitely some loose joints though with the arms and shoulders. So far everything else is pretty good. The stand is very useful when photographing this guy!!

Saving up some $$$ for Nora's 51. My VF-0A's need someone to shoot at! :lol:

So i started my v2 rainbow canopy surgeries today to give them all new shoulders.......before, i had a couple of 1/48s and v1s that i bought back in the very early 00s and hadn't really messed around with them for years until i went on my recent spree.

Man, Yamato was really a crap-ass company, weren't they? All these issues, all these fixes, all of this need for CAD capable folks and 3D Printers for homebrew repairs.....I feel like Yamato got way more love than they ever should have.

Thank you!! She's a beauty and a beast, yet definitely some loose joints though with the arms and shoulders. So far everything else is pretty good. The stand is very useful when photographing this guy!!

Good news on the Nora version is that they tightened up some of the joints..... and made a few too tight as I recall.

So i started my v2 rainbow canopy surgeries today to give them all new shoulders.......before, i had a couple of 1/48s and v1s that i bought back in the very early 00s and hadn't really messed around with them for years until i went on my recent spree.

Man, Yamato was really a crap-ass company, weren't they? All these issues, all these fixes, all of this need for CAD capable folks and 3D Printers for homebrew repairs.....I feel like Yamato got way more love than they ever should have.

Fwiw, not everybody had their Yamato first-editions v2's experienced any shoulder-breakages at all. Mine were all first-editions and they're all still good. No fixes needed whatsoever. I'm never soft on my toys, either.

And Yamato did actually offered and delivered replacements to those that experienced the "broken-shoulders" issue. Including non-Japan international customers. Especially for members here at MW.

That's one of the reasons why Yamato-Toys is beloved.

The same cannot be said about Bandai regarding their VF-171 CFs...

Have you tried applying Future/Pledge polish on those loose joints to see if they help?

I only have Nora, but she's not floppy like the reported Ivanov's.

I used Future on my Ivanov. Most of the joints just took one application. The worst was the neck. That thing had absolutely no friction at all and would swivel with just the slightest bump or breeze. I had to apply at least 4 or 5 coats. In the end I was able to get all of the joints nice and tight.

Nice pics Saburo and 505th!

Thank you!! B))

Good news on the Nora version is that they tightened up some of the joints..... and made a few too tight as I recall.

That is good know, when I eventually find one I'll make sure to take it easy. Certainly don't want anything snapping off. :lol:

Have you tried applying Future/Pledge polish on those loose joints to see if they help?

I only have Nora, but she's not floppy like the reported Ivanov's.

I thought about using some nail polish like I did with my VF-2SS, luckily mine is not super loose, but enough you notice it. I think I lucked out with mine because it sounds like some SV-51 owners got some really faulty toys.

yeah not bad but that "B" rated one is a good price! :p:D

True. But like they said about VF-11B compared to VF-11C, the 11B's feet tend to explode. Is that true? :ph34r:

But TBH, for that amount, I rather save it for VT-1. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

yeah I think I recall reading or seeing something about a VF-11B foot issue.. I think it was the forward toe end section that could pop off. Probably an easy fix.

never experienced the issue myself with either the B or C but I've never transformed them out of fighter mode.. still worth getting though!

That picture makes me want another C, and I already have three.

I've never heard anything about the B's feet being defective before.

:o:wacko:

I only have the one VF-11C and it cost me a fortune! I assume you got them when they weren't crazy expensive? I wish I jumped on that boat earlier.. -_-:rolleyes:

Funny I remember some member that posted the 11C year or years ago. And when I PM'ed the guy for inquiry he didn't reply. Not sure too if his sales push thru since there was no update on that thread. Maybe he changed his mind on selling it. ;) It was around $250 loose, no box.

I'm always amazed how expensive the VF-11s are when I think back to when they were dirt cheap a little after they came out. I've never heard of the 11 having an exploding foot or anything really wrong with that toy besides the heat shield being a bit fiddly to keep together.

Edited by dizman