1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

so this is my first attempt at doing anything with a dslr. I have no idea what im doing beyond a beginning understanding of aperture, iso, and shutterspeed.

That is a good first attempt the image is clear. If I can make a suggestion, adjust your white balance that way the white background doesn't appear pinkish. What kind of lighting are you using?

That is a good first attempt the image is clear. If I can make a suggestion, adjust your white balance that way the white background doesn't appear pinkish. What kind of lighting are you using?

shitty lighting. The lightbox filter material i chose blocks too much light, and ive got the wrong color bulbs in there. I thought i grabbed daylight bulbs at the store, but turns out they are regular ol warm LEDs.

I adjusted the WB a bit, i think this is better. Although still not quite right

30543228541_aa42bb3ae5_h.jpg

Edited by Cowboy17

shitty lighting. The lightbox filter material i chose blocks too much light, and ive got the wrong color bulbs in there. I thought i grabbed daylight bulbs at the store, but turns out they are regular ol warm LEDs.

photo looks great! B))

I actually both these issues, but just a little glue solved that instantly!!

so as I expected, an easy fix. :)

Oh I thought that was just the normal Arcadia white. :)

I had a similar issue with one of my VF-1's feet coming apart due to lack of glue. Nothing that couldn't be quickly fixed with a dab of super glue.

OMG noel doesn't have a VF-11?

Looks a bit better. Going to a daylight bulb 5000k temp will make a big difference, its great learning experience.

Keep it up, looking forward to seeing your progress.

Oh I thought that was just the normal Arcadia white. :)

:lol:

while we're still on the topic of VF-11's.. here's a quick shot of my two lovely's! :wub:

I'll be honest and say I didn't really think much of the VF-11 early on and it took me a while to decide to buy them. But eventually I grew to really like them! And now I couldn't imagine my collection without them! B))

20161030_113655.jpg

I have strong feeling only one of them will be coming back from the mission... :lol:

Hikaru always returns, but his valkyrie not always. :D

The HMR 1S looks really blue. :o

Man I kinda wish I had purchased several 11Cs back when they were plentiful. It was a minor miracle I found my one at a good price.

Edited by Lolicon

Man... the VF-11C :wub: , I would love to get one of those.

and now...

Double strikes!

*snip*

Nice! Father and Son combo. ^_^

while we're still on the topic of VF-11's.. here's a quick shot of my two lovely's! :wub:

I'll be honest and say I didn't really think much of the VF-11 early on and it took me a while to decide to buy them. But eventually I grew to really like them! And now I couldn't imagine my collection without them! B))

*snip*

Actually, that's easy, Spanner. Take a look. :rolleyes:

post-5552-0-74425200-1477826059_thumb.jpg

Now you have more room. You might as well display Basara's Valk with this gigantic speakers. ;)

Nice! Father and Son combo. ^_^

Actually, that's easy, Spanner. Take a look. :rolleyes:

attachicon.gif20161030_113655.jpg

Now you have more room. You might as well display Basara's Valk with this gigantic speakers. ;)

hehe! that's hilarious! :lol:

nahhh.. my (Yamato) Basara valk is gonna stay in fighter mode! and definitely not any silly speaker pod.. :rolleyes:

Thanks. Nice pics Saburo and spanner.

^_^

These are for spanner. :lol:

very nice! thanks for that! :good: but I still prefer Basara's VF-19 without the sound booster pack.. -_- not to mention a clean VF-17 also! :p:lol:

Nice! ;)

Out of curiosity. Is there a way to fit that Sound Booster to the YF-19? :ph34r:

going by the differences in design of the leg sections of each version, then I doubt it so..

Nice! ;)

Out of curiosity. Is there a way to fit that Sound Booster to the YF-19? :ph34r:

No, but you should be able to fit them on a 19S or F.

very nice! thanks for that! :good: but I still prefer Basara's VF-19 without the sound booster pack.. -_- not to mention a clean VF-17 also! :p:lol:

Well, nobody's perfect. :p

• 2 weeks later...