1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Your stickering/weathering job is taking this toy to another level of coolness, MJ, really awe-inspinring. The sideview of the super-packed fighter is really cool and a testament to Yamato's engineering genious

They come unmarked so I cut out the UN Spacy kites from the VF-17 sticker sheet since the super pack didn't come with any. I took some markings from other sticker sheets as well.

Actually I meant on the TV Series, I know they came unmarked, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Actually I meant on the TV Series, I know they came unmarked, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I forget if they consistently draw it in the TV show or not, but it's in the line art.

My 17 looks like a steaming pile of cow poo now.....thanks! LOL.

Sorry! ... err... you're welcome? :)

WOW, how come I never saw this before

Awesome work MacrossJunkie, you got the weathering bug!! 17D looks stunning!! :o

Mizicke5279, great macro shots!! digging the 1A with the gunpod! B))

Yep, I sure do. I've probably got 85-90% of my collection weathered now. I like some consistency in my displays. I just finished up my TV Kakizaki to complete my Vermillion Squadron a couple days ago. I'll be putting pics of that plus the squadron up soon.

Hey! Maybe someone should start a thread devoted to weathered Macross toys.

Just an idea.

I don't know. I don't think another picture thread is needed and I think just a handful of people in the forums actually do any weathering to their valk toys (or at least the ones who share them) so there probably wouldn't be many posts in there. At least here, people can just post what they want.

With that said, here's my second to last VF-1 I have acquired and likely will not be getting more in the foreseeable future unless Arcadia puts out some custom schemes I want. My last VF-1 is a VF-1J kit which I still haven't decided what scheme to paint it with. My vermillion squadron is finally complete after putting off getting Kakizaki's TV 1A for so long.

Fighter

VF-1A_TV_Kakizaki_Fighter_01.jpg

VF-1A_TV_Kakizaki_Fighter_02.jpg

VF-1A_TV_Kakizaki_Fighter_03.jpg

VF-1A_TV_Kakizaki_Fighter_04.jpg

VF-1A_TV_Kakizaki_Fighter_05.jpg

VF-1A_TV_Kakizaki_Fighter_06.jpg

GERWALK

VF-1A_TV_Kakizaki_GERWALK_01.jpg

VF-1A_TV_Kakizaki_GERWALK_02.jpg

VF-1A_TV_Kakizaki_GERWALK_03.jpg

Battroid

VF-1A_TV_Kakizaki_01.jpg

VF-1A_TV_Kakizaki_02.jpg

VF-1A_TV_Kakizaki_03.jpg

VF-1A_TV_Kakizaki_04.jpg

VF-1A_TV_Kakizaki_05.jpg

Vermillion Squadron

Vermillion%2520Squadron_01.jpg

Vermillion%2520Squadron_02.jpg

Vermillion%2520Squadron_Battroid_01.jpg

DSC_4912.jpg

Macross Junkie, nice poses, and effin' nice photos. Thank you for not putting in stupid captions and using your cell phone to take these pictures. Some good quality stuff, please keep it up.

WHAT THE HECK!?!????!!!

Holy Mackeral - ! Maybe I'm a SDF uber fan - but these are simply the best Macross TV toy photos EVER - as in the history of Macross Toy photos -- these are #1 ( and likely 2, 3, 4 and 5 respectively )

Yikes.

' scurry, scurry, crunch crunch '

THAT is the sound of me boxing my Vermillion Group valks to send out for panel lining and the like to match these...

The 19 is one of my least favorite designs. The YF is the best of them. I'm glad there are others that appreciate them.

Excellent photo though and great arrangement.

WHAT THE HECK!?!????!!!

Holy Mackeral - ! Maybe I'm a SDF uber fan - but these are simply the best Macross TV toy photos EVER - as in the history of Macross Toy photos -- these are #1 ( and likely 2, 3, 4 and 5 respectively )

Yikes.

' scurry, scurry, crunch crunch '

THAT is the sound of me boxing my Vermillion Group valks to send out for panel lining and the like to match these...

Group pic #3 is my new desktop and I don't see it going anywhere for a while. Damn you do some great work Junkie!

The sword has no business with Docker, but its name with vf-19.......“Excalibur” :)

Question: do you have the Dollfie Saber that goes with that sword? If you do, I'm way more envious of that than all those Macross toys combined.

Question: do you have the Dollfie Saber that goes with that sword? If you do, I'm way more envious of that than all those Macross toys combined.

No, that sword is a magazine gift, about 1/8, much smaller than the one with Dollfie Saber

No, that sword is a magazine gift, about 1/8, much smaller than the one with Dollfie Saber

Oh, totally didn't notice the key chain on the end. Makes more sense though, 1/7th~1/8th scale figure accessories tend to scale best with Macross toys.

Got a Tamiya weathering kit today at Hobbytown USA. Not sure what I'm goingt to use it on but looking forward to the experience.

I got mine from HLJ, I was just at a HTUSA and they didn't have squat for good Tamiya product.

Oh well, it's fun, I've gone to town on some non- macross crap, to play with before I actually get onto Valks.

My HTUSA is loaded with the stuff. Weird that the same store's stock would vary from location to location. They have entire racks of paint, tape, filler, weathering, and other stuff.

I recently bought a V.1 VT-1 and VE-1 for $150 shipped. Considering I don't like either valk , I feel it was a good compromise.

Edited by Benson13

wow, nice of all the 19!!!! I have now 3 of them opened, and one in box awaiting my birthday in end of june (vf-19S). Can you post a few more, different poses and in gerwalk and batroid. Oh by the way, Homuru, i have always liked the photos you posted of the 19, always gave me inspiration for poses, so thanks dude!!!!