Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

I think he was commissioned by his boss or as I call it, Volun-told.

Yes...pretty much how it went. I took pity on him after he took it to the only local hobby shop and the told him yes, they could do it, but then a week later said they couldn't be bothered. I thought that was fairly sh*tty of them so I told him I would have a go at it. Delivered it yesterday and his kids eyes lit up and their jaws hit the floor. Definitely a good moment for me. Now he just needs to pay me..LOL. :ph34r:

Yes...pretty much how it went. I took pity on him after he took it to the only local hobby shop and the told him yes, they could do it, but then a week later said they couldn't be bothered. I thought that was fairly sh*tty of them so I told him I would have a go at it. Delivered it yesterday and his kids eyes lit up and their jaws hit the floor. Definitely a good moment for me. Now he just needs to pay me..LOL. :ph34r:

64ed5da06c0a3f1f7b4adf07a9da3ddb.jpg

Good of you to take it up after they couldn't. The looks on the kids faces alone would be worth it.

Working on the first VFs pose for the Cityfight diorama scene

This guy will be hugging an Apartment block wall for cover while under fire

IMG_20151227_230456_zps6fco4zud.jpg

IMG_20151227_230449_zpswbfyrgwz.jpg

Across the street will be another VF taking a knee (proving hard to model that pose!) and using its off hand to provide cover to either some civis or maybe even a dog.

There will be people running from the buildings, the buildings will have damage on the side facing the direction of incoming fire with some flickering light effects in some windows.

Sitting hastily dumped out in the open street will one of the wall huggers Super packs. it will be damaged and feature an embedded LED running a random flicker and flash routine to simulate sparking internal wiring.

This will be on a Billboard above the Apartment block...

2015-12-28_zpssnv1e3af.png

Its a Kiwi joke...

Edited by NZEOD

Very Nice Jefuemon! Is that a 57 Chevy?

that's a 58 Plymouth I believe..

It's this. Mwaaaa hahahahah!!!

And what did you use for the chrome? That looks stunning!

Alclad Chrome. I stripped all the plated parts, and repainted with that.

Another 1/12 Bandai kit has been added to the ranks.. normal Stormtrooper. Up next.. First Order Stormtrooper! Also decided to go back and do some more weathering on Mr. Chicken Walker.. he wasn't battle worn enough for me, Along with doing a dark dirt wash and scrub down of my 1:72 Darth Tie. Sorry for the sideways pics!

post-11393-0-18901800-1451602399_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-88080700-1451602419_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-70904500-1451602443_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-03004200-1451602469_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-88165200-1451602635_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-27597200-1451602700_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-45688300-1451602731_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-92465700-1451602757_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Since we're showcasing movies at the moment, here's a little project month's in the making, inspired by Mad Max Fury Road. I call it "Valhalla Express" with "HEMI" the War Boy. Fully plumbed and wired, silver can of spray paint, two flares, missing lugs and bolts, Immortan Joe emblem headliner, and real OZ dirt from Mundi Mundi lookout, etc. Every detail has it's own story. At least 300+ parts. Started out with a '32 Ford 5-window, '66 Buick Riviera, '70 Torino, "S'cool Bus", 1:35 military stuff, Modified dirt sprint car, and the list continues. Sorry for the bad pics...taken with an old phone.

Valhalla2_zpspqd1x2dv.jpeg

Valhalla4_zpszzpuog0n.jpeg

Valhalla3_zps5ozsawnt.jpeg

Valhalla1_zpsoc1lnsmr.jpeg

Since we're showcasing movies at the moment, here's a little project month's in the making, inspired by Mad Max Fury Road. I call it "Valhalla Express" with "HEMI" the War Boy. Fully plumbed and wired, silver can of spray paint, two flares, missing lugs and bolts, Immortan Joe emblem headliner, and real OZ dirt from Mundi Mundi lookout, etc. Every detail has it's own story. At least 300+ parts. Started out with a '32 Ford 5-window, '66 Buick Riviera, '70 Torino, "S'cool Bus", 1:35 military stuff, Modified dirt sprint car, and the list continues. Sorry for the bad pics...taken with an old phone.

That is hot. You need to shoot some better pics of it.

Progress on the Street fight scene before I got called into work today!

SAM_8297_zpsnbdii6t5.jpg

SAM_8295_zpsdzeporot.jpg

SAM_8293_zpsgackx3tq.jpg

SAM_8289_zpsqukl1imj.jpg

Next task is to tear up the discarded Super Pack and the light housing that sits up on the shoulder infront of where the booster would sit as though hit with a Zentraedi Beam weapon. Already lopped off a hunk of the head mounted laser.

Then I need to build up some damaged internals on the broken parts and fit up the "sparking and shorting out effect" LED unit.

The missile has been launched from one of the tubes on one of the forearm pods, just because who the hell is in battle with full ammo, as we say, if in doubt, empty the mag! So in response top stepping out into the street and having the Booster shoot off this guy or girl let rip with a snap shot missile before bailing into cover.

Next up would be some damage and beam scoring to the building and some LED units to show some room lighting in the windows... some off, some on, some flickering and damaged.

On the roof will be the Tui Billboard with either the slogan "Another quiet day in Paradise.... yeah right" or "Another quiet night on the town... yeah right". It will have LED spot lighting for night times.

The hardest part has been finding HO/OO/1:72 scale figures of civilians running in panic as I want people streaming out of the building between the Valks legs.

The second valk will be across the street in the aim, kneeling, unsupported (army speak) with one hand sheilding a dog and in order to get the kneeling pose (the legs just wont bend to the point of the knee resting on the ground) I'll have a car or van or similar crushed under its knee as a resting point.

And before you all notice, the rifle is just resting in the hand until I've finished painting everything, then it will all be fitting properly with the finger inside the trigger guard.

Edited by NZEOD

Having to alter the layout. Getting the second valk to kneel convincingly in the aim is proving virtually impossible. The mechanics of it just dont work with a short upper leg, long lower leg and intakes that foul the folded wings. Besides that the hand wont reach the ground in its current attempt to kneel to I cant get it to cover a dog or anything else. It also clutters up the scene and is too much.

New plan is to have a few stories playing out in the windows of the building instead... this should be fun!

As for the Sqn CAGs Valk... thanks to the wifes left field idea I'm doing another street scene... little old lady in a mobility scooter crossing the street... and the Valk caught mid swing about to kick her into touch "DOWN TOWN"

Messed with the pose and hands and it actually looks really convincing and dynamic!

Working on the pose of the second dioramas Valk... this ones the Renegades CAG and is caught mid swing moments before punting a mobility scooter out of the way...

I'm going to have to get creative in how I brace this one from the inside and down through the leg into the display base in order to hold it in this pose.

SAM_8298_zpsyzjqk5p4.jpg

SAM_8301_zpswy07ovja.jpg

"TRAITOR!!!".... Bandai 1/12 First Order Stormtrooper. The weapons Bandai falsely advertised on the box as being detailed white and black and silver.. they ain't.. gonna have to painstakingly paint them to look right when the weather warms up. Otherwise, another great kit.

Edit...decided to add some blue energy lighting bolt looking stuff to his...whatever it's called anti lightsaber weapon. I love it.

post-11393-0-03353300-1452378718_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-21605900-1452442326_thumb.jpeg

post-11393-0-77541000-1452442336_thumb.jpeg

post-11393-0-85506800-1452442347_thumb.jpeg

Edited by derex3592

I just recently rediscovered Macross while visiting Japan with my family. I used to visit family in Tokyo during the summers when I was a kid, but I hadn't been back in 20 years. Here's what rekindled my interest while I was wandering through the awesome hobby shops in Akihabara - purchased at Yellow Submarine:

shelf01.jpg

Since I returned from the trip, I've added a few more things from Amazon!

shelf02.jpg

About 10 years ago, when Hasegawa released all their awesome models, I fortunately picked up a few off eBay (before they were available through Amazon) before I was distracted by other things, so I already had a start to the collection, plus a few of the old Bandai transformable 1/72 kits:

shelf03.jpg

This forum is a bad influence though - I already have another VF-1D, VF-1A, VF-1A Sonicbirds, and VF-1A Low Visibility coming from Amazon, plus about 6 items in the HLJ warehouse! My modeling skills are really rusty though, so I'm probably going to be slow starting off, but I wanted to get these kits while they were still available.

Edited by VF-1A Grunt

I just recently rediscovered Macross while visiting Japan with my family. I used to visit family in Tokyo during the summers when I was a kid, but I hadn't been back in 20 years. Here's what rekindled my interest while I was wandering through the awesome hobby shops in Akihabara - purchased at Yellow Submarine:

shelf01.jpg

Since I returned from the trip, I've added a few more things from Amazon!

shelf02.jpg

About 10 years ago, when Hasegawa released all their awesome models, I fortunately picked up a few off eBay (before they were available through Amazon) before I was distracted by other things, so I already had a start to the collection, plus a few of the old Bandai transformable 1/72 kits:

shelf03.jpg

This forum is a bad influence though - I already have another VF-1D, VF-1A, VF-1A Sonicbirds, and VF-1A Low Visibility coming from Amazon, plus about 6 items in the HLJ warehouse! My modeling skills are really rusty though, so I'm probably going to be slow starting off, but I wanted to get these kits while they were still available.

looks like alot of fun... :D

recently build that Tomahawk my self...

good luck ^_^

recently build that Tomahawk my self...

Your Tomahawk model is fantastic and will be an inspiration for my future project! As much as I love Valkyries, the Tomahawk is arguably my favorite mecha (possibly because I'm a tanker in real life). I actually just bought a second kit from HLJ to add to the collection (along with a Phalanx) - possible as a backup if I make a mess of the first one, but also cause I want to have more than one of my favorite.

Right now a bit of everything. Started Alcladding Briegel parts along with doing cast texture on a lot of pieces. Hoping to get the cockpit painted up this weekend.post-2651-0-68382100-1452833028_thumb.jpg

Well, this winter has been a lot milder than I expected (knock on wood), so I decided to keep on building instead of breaking for a few months. Gonna give this a try. Should work out (knock on wood again!)

post-12411-0-63687500-1452905350_thumb.jpg