Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Working on this one over the weekend. Lots of filing, filling, sanding, refilling, but I enjoyed it right up until I discovered the kit was missing an entire sprue of parts. One intake door, 2 canards and 2 lower stabilizers.

Hopefully Model-junkie still has these at his place somewhere.

SAM_8327_zpsltjyaoez.jpg

SAM_8324_zpshshq1hfi.jpg

SAM_8323_zpsdxikklca.jpgSAM_8325_zpstrfmmqlf.jpg

With the flash on, the colour changes to how I wanted the blue to look... go figure

SAM_8321_zpsnl9c8qhj.jpg

Redoing the blue as its too blue. Need it to be a little paler - more baby blue.

Need to remove some more seam lines I missed and scribe some panels back on, then work out what to do about the missing parts.

Using this image as a template so thanks to the guy that drew this up originally.

vf_4_svf_213_1_by_talos56.png

Only just saw your post here after I responded to your PM. I bought the kit new from Valk009 in 2012 and it sat in my stash for 3 years. I never did an inventory of the parts as I did not expect anything to be missing, no parts are at my end as I never took them out of the box, only opened the box to ogle at the parts and clean castings and then placed away. I did offer options for a refund and am still willing to work with you.

Hi everyone,

I'm use to making Transformers custom but i wanted to give this a try for a Robotech SDF-1 TV version. It's a work in progress but i finally got the legs to pose in a wide position. He still going to needs work adding some new things to it and a paint job.

Enjoy

post-15381-0-13689900-1453173707_thumb.jpg

Only just saw your post here after I responded to your PM. I bought the kit new from Valk009 in 2012 and it sat in my stash for 3 years. I never did an inventory of the parts as I did not expect anything to be missing, no parts are at my end as I never took them out of the box, only opened the box to ogle at the parts and clean castings and then placed away. I did offer options for a refund and am still willing to work with you.

If it helps, I can go dig out my VF-4 kit (I bought in the same run in 2012) and check the parts?

Stand down the Guards... all good! Found the parts next to the belt sander where I was working on the mating faces of the pieces. They must have been swept under the sander mount by my arm as they were way underneath it still on the gate/sprue.

So end of the day, Valk009 made a fine kit and supplied all the parts, Model-Junkie sold a fine kit with all the parts, I lost the parts myself.

And found them

Working on this one over the weekend. Lots of filing, filling, sanding, refilling, but I enjoyed it right up until I discovered the kit was missing an entire sprue of parts. One intake door, 2 canards and 2 lower stabilizers.

Hopefully Model-junkie still has these at his place somewhere.

SAM_8327_zpsltjyaoez.jpg

SAM_8324_zpshshq1hfi.jpg

SAM_8323_zpsdxikklca.jpgSAM_8325_zpstrfmmqlf.jpg

With the flash on, the colour changes to how I wanted the blue to look... go figure

SAM_8321_zpsnl9c8qhj.jpg

Redoing the blue as its too blue. Need it to be a little paler - more baby blue.

Need to remove some more seam lines I missed and scribe some panels back on, then work out what to do about the missing parts.

Using this image as a template so thanks to the guy that drew this up originally.

vf_4_svf_213_1_by_talos56.png

Dam, thats dead sexy!! What kit is that? I think i need to add it to my waiting to build pile.

Awe crap gonna have to check mine now !!!

Redid the blue on the VF-4... its a closer match to the Digital artwork now. And then got sidetracked renovating the house so thats all I got done. Oh and fitting up the parts I LOST that I found again.

I really like the fighter mode of VF-4 too bad, my funds is getting relegated somewhere else and cant buy the toy, I still wonder why Hasegawa decided to skip VF-4.

I would love to see a Hasegawa VF-4 model. I'll be honest, I don't really care for some of the later VFs, but the VF-4 is a really sleek-looking fighter. I have a feeling the VF-4's brief appearance in Flashback is the reason for its lack of popularity among model manufacturers. Were the other modes even animated anywhere, or only the fighter?

Loving these kits! I'm sort of working on the T-65 and T-70 concurrently and have lots of photos to take. But these are here on my computer, already uploaded:

IMG_1776.JPG

IMG_1779.JPG

I'm using Mr Metal Color "Stainless" for the head dome but the rest are decals. And the tear in the top blue instrument hatch is due to how tight the parts fit. I tried to put it all together and snapped the dome on in the wrong orientation, not knowing it'd fit so tightly that I wouldn't be able to rotate it after the fact. The torn decal was luckily all that went wrong with that little assembly mishap.

Oh, and a sandy brown acrylic wash for the panel lines.

Edited by mickyg

I love my Zentraedi.

This is just a WIP, but planning more panel lights with fiber.

Gloss coat awaiting decals and enamel wash.

Still trying to decide what color wash to use on green vs gray (suggestions appreciated for assortment MIG Jimenez I have).

post-18429-0-44608300-1454323312_thumb.jpg

I got the pilot to a serviceable state, and figured I could move on to greater madness.

I'm building it around an average between the DYRL? & Master File line art, plus a bit of Hasegawa.

post-2535-0-53434900-1454419566_thumb.jpg

post-2535-0-05915300-1454419626_thumb.jpg

I think I need to redo the math on this one... At 1/35 (40cm) fighter length, that's a tiny cockpit.

Looks like Roy would've been really crammed in his VF-1. Line art magic, indeed! :lol:

post-2535-0-79943600-1454419519_thumb.jpg

I got the pilot to a serviceable state, and figured I could move on to greater madness.

I'm building it around an average between the DYRL? & Master File line art, plus a bit of Hasegawa.

attachicon.gifIMG_7273.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7272.jpg

I think I need to redo the math on this one... At 1/35 (40cm) fighter length, that's a tiny cockpit.

Looks like Roy would've been really crammed in his VF-1. Line art magic, indeed! :lol:

IMG_7274.jpg

nice sketch work! :)

Edited by spanner76