Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

When you go looking for those furry "helpers", they want nothing to do with you and seek a nice quiet place to hide; when you'd like them to give you some space to work in peace, they insist on being part of the action and monopolize all your attention, bursting with curiosity and deliberate cuteness... and we wouldn't have it any other way.:lol:

23 hours ago, derex3592 said:

All decals done, detail painting done, clear coat down, now onto weathering.... 

20230814_103709.jpg

20230814_103714.jpg

Now it just needs this logo on it:

Spoiler

SubWayNewLogo.png.3908da100adce31ad171bcb9943dc4ef.png

Seriously though, your Typhoon looks fantastic!

Edited by pengbuzz

Well, I haven;t posted a workbench pic in too long of a while. So here's what's currently sitting center of the mat.

HK Models Lancaster Nose kit in 1/32.

A pretty good kit, if I must say. Could be better, as I think Border models has better detail in their Lancaster. Plus this one is basically just the nose of the HK kit and interior dumped into its own box, which has some draw backs. I had to close up the wing roots and hack off the rearmost part of the interior, as it was hanging out the back, and I ended up wiring and piping a lot of the interior, not exact but it looks nice and busy.

I have some PE to go in after paint, which paint should be soon as I think I am mostly done with the interior stuff.

So, pics!

XSihpED.jpeg

V9GbWrB.jpeg

LrwpCj3.jpeg

AXpIxIG.jpeg

EuDHJUW.jpeg

iHjBp1l.jpeg

I really hope most of that added detail survives paint and masking!🤣

@Thomlooking good! Loving all the added details!

I'm trying out a new paint.. MRP paints from Slovakia! I ordered them through Sprue Brothers Models in MO. I ordered them on Wednesday at 1220PM. I got a shipping confirmation email at 1:20PM that day and they were on my porch this morning before 11AM. DAMN! And it was the cheap $6 shipping option.  Very good packaging as well. If you need to order paints, give them a try! This was my first time and I'm impressed! Also... Don't know if it's other Hobbytown stores, but the one by my work down here is selling ALL Mission Models stuff at 50% off right now! More details coming up on FS color matching between different manufacturers being a hilarious rabbit 🐰 hole to go down for upcoming military jets! Also picked up some AK Real Colors to try and some new clear and flat liquid coats from Alclad! Lots of fun coming up! 😁 

20230818_210113.jpg

@Thom Awesome detail work, can't wait to see further progress.

_

53127490124_8a6cdbb123_c.jpg

Finished my heli crew today; since they rarely fly with oxygen masks (they do, though) I had to perform facial surgery on my Hase clones, hoping that the painting would make up for my "viking with a chainsaw" sculpting skills.

Thank you @derex3592! Good luck with the paints, hope they are good.

Thank you @electric indigo! From here those crew look good!

A little more update on the Lancaster Nose. I made some detail for behind the seat, clipping and moving some piping from a discarded section and making some hoses from lead wire, electrical wire, styrene rod and slices of metal pipe. Otherwise that area behind the pilot's seat would be pretty bare. I'll also be moving a fire extinguisher from the nose to here and making another to replace it up front.

DWpBfUi.jpg

And I moved this panel from being mounted right beside the seat to the side. I had to cut and adjust it, as following the instructions would have it sitting far too high above the sill. Don't know if that was me or the kit, seeing how the pilot's platform it was supposed to be mounted on hasn't changed height. Oh well, I like it better attached there rather than worrying about trying to get it to sit right between the sill and the seat.

GdFWwaf.jpg

Ua1OZ1W.jpg

Now I just need to get the control yoke ready and I can start painting!

Thom

3 hours ago, Thom said:

Thank you @derex3592! Good luck with the paints, hope they are good.

Thank you @electric indigo! From here those crew look good!

A little more update on the Lancaster Nose. I made some detail for behind the seat, clipping and moving some piping from a discarded section and making some hoses from lead wire, electrical wire, styrene rod and slices of metal pipe. Otherwise that area behind the pilot's seat would be pretty bare. I'll also be moving a fire extinguisher from the nose to here and making another to replace it up front.

DWpBfUi.jpg

And I moved this panel from being mounted right beside the seat to the side. I had to cut and adjust it, as following the instructions would have it sitting far too high above the sill. Don't know if that was me or the kit, seeing how the pilot's platform it was supposed to be mounted on hasn't changed height. Oh well, I like it better attached there rather than worrying about trying to get it to sit right between the sill and the seat.

GdFWwaf.jpg

Ua1OZ1W.jpg

Now I just need to get the control yoke ready and I can start painting!

Thom

So, I guess the yoke's on you then?

*runs*

Updates! Typhoon is finished and put to sea this morning.... Watch out Yankee American scum! 

Going back to my teenager roots, @electric indigoMr. Electric Indigo sir, submitted for your approval, I have prepped and primered and got my base color down on F-5E. I wanted this kit in flight, however the kit didn't want to do that, so, I had to cut apart gear bay doors and do all kinds of hacking and filling on the underside, but it looks ok to me. Primered in Mr Surfacer 1500 Black and then mottled with Tamiya Flat White. My new MRP Slovakian TAN went on for the base coat. Veeery nice paint. Pre-thinned for airbrushing so nothing wasted if you have leftover! Right back in the bottle! Next up....going to try my hand at free handing the cammo colors with my GSI Creos point 02... Should be interesting!

Stay Tuned! 

20230819_105728.jpg

20230819_105734.jpg

20230819_105756.jpg

20230819_105809.jpg

20230820_081725.jpg

20230820_081746.jpg

20230820_161619.jpg

Edited by derex3592

The reason I did the white mottling was #1 I just wanted to practice doing it on a small aircraft, and #2, to lighten up the entire thing so the base color for the cammo wouldn't be to dark. It's a crappy photo, but you can still make out some it through the tan yes. 

Beautiful Typhoon and weathering @derex3592!!!

Wow @Thom that Lancaster kit looks amazing!  Did it come with resin seats?  I saw a 1/32 Lancaster kit at a show a few months ago that the fuselage even had a "tin-canning" texture from really thin metal panels, the molding quality was phenomenal but it was over $1K - is this the same kit?!?!  What a beauty, its going to be HUGE.

7 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Wow @Thom that Lancaster kit looks amazing!  Did it come with resin seats?  I saw a 1/32 Lancaster kit at a show a few months ago that the fuselage even had a "tin-canning" texture from really thin metal panels, the molding quality was phenomenal but it was over $1K - is this the same kit?!?!  What a beauty, its going to be HUGE.

It's from HK Models and it really just the nose of their full size just put in its own box. The price on line is from about 60 to 80 dollars, depending.

I had to do some scratching (not of myself) to close up the wing roots, trying to make it look symbolic of an assembly line example, just waiting to be mated to the rest of the fuselage.

As for the resin seats, those and the control yoke are from Resin2Detail, a Ukrainian company. They do some great stuff!

Since no one is going to make a 1/12 Ride Armor from the Mospeada TV series, I'll have to do it myself. This will be quite the customization project but worth it in the end. Finding spare time will be my greatest enemy! LOL 

AmiAmi had these restocked, so I took advantage of that. 

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

34 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Since no one is going to make a 1/12 Ride Armor from the Mospeada TV series, I'll have to do it myself. This will be quite the customization project but worth it in the end. Finding spare time will be my greatest enemy! LOL 

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

These will be a very interesting set of projects. There’s a poll on zakuaurelius’s YouTube channel for a contest. One would be old to gold and one of these might make a great entry 

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

Those bring back some Robotech memories...

Have had plans for doing the same for a few years now. After researching what others have done, I'd suggest looking into getting something like one of these to base the mods around.

https://www.hlj.com/1-12-scale-sozai-kun-m-size-flesh-ylsppc-t62