Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Totally awesome Pegasus and Hornets! Got this in the mail today and just tried it out repainting the vipers nose. $30 on Amazon guys....do yourself a favor...get one. No more headaches and general feeling like crap after airbrushing enamels over here. It works great. Couldn't smell a hint of paint. Wish I had done it years ago.post-11393-0-78521300-1378513755_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, its been fun to finally have some free time an catch up on it. Those F-18s are super sweet, love the Canada decal!! B))

And that is the very 3M respirator I have, $22.95 at my local Home Depot, and worth every penny for your health and not having a wicked headache later on.

Im going to get a respirator tomorrow. Did a lot of spray painting this week and have had a fracked up headache all week. Also been sanding MDF, paint and super sculpey with only a paper mask. I need to start using a respirator before my whole brain gets fried!

Thanks for the link 505th!

Anytime! Lots of cool items there, prices are very fair too. B))

I'm glad we're all on board with getting & using these 3M masks, creepy when you think just how toxic those fumes can be, not worth a trip to the ICU.

Anytime! Lots of cool items there, prices are very fair too. B))

I'm glad we're all on board with getting & using these 3M masks, creepy when you think just how toxic those fumes can be, not worth a trip to the ICU.

I have been using 3M respirators since 2002. Before respirators I used to spray straight from the can while holding my breath then running away from the paint area. LOL.

Since we're on the topic of respirators, do guys use the particulate filter too? I use lacquer thinner from Home depot for cleaning my airbrush.

Edited by Checkmate

Some very well done models in here lads, still reading through the thread. Picked up an Aoshima Garland model kit 2 weeks back, never built a model so gathering some inspiration from here and some gundam builds, hoping to gather building supplies before the dust gathers on the kit. Fancy having a crack airbrushing it along with some poly cap mods I've seen done to the kit.

Looks like the same respirator I've been using for close to 10 years. Just use the organic vapors filter. As I only use it for model building, and it was sitting in a drawer for 5 years, I'm still on the original cartridge set-with no paint smell coming in.

This is exactly what I use and its what I've been preaching all these years!!! There are different 3M cartridges, make sure to get the one for "organic compounds/solvents" which are good for lacquers.

Love the Canadian F-18 BTW!

Edited by wm cheng

It's hard for me to get into the acrylics....yes the smell is nicer, but i don't like to spend an hour putting thousands of coats down to get them to cover! Enamels cover in a coat or two and I'm done and moving on! Not to mention the enamels are far less delicate once layed down. Also Tamiya acrylics are not sold anywhere in my area.

Edited by derex3592