Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

The last bad head Yamato gave us was their VF-1S v1.0 sculpt.

Squished from the get go. I think we can all agree...no one likes getting bad head. -_-

you know that sounds so perverted and wrong. :blink::o

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

lol double etendre. You know, I prefer the 1/60 v1 VF-1 to the 1/48. I always HATED that seem down the middle of the 1/48 head more than the squished of 1/60 v1.

lol double etendre. You know, I prefer the 1/60 v1 VF-1 to the 1/48. I always HATED that seem down the middle of the 1/48 head more than the squished of 1/60 v1.

I understand your complaint. The central seam design is stupid, but it is actually passable when you look at the product.

Does anyone know if the VF-17 will come with option parts to attach the existing fold booster??

And I am not sure, but did Graham state there was or was not going to be a release for the VF-17 fast packs??

The 17 was designed to accommodate fast pack attachments.

True, but did Yamato ever confirm that the Fast Packs were coming?

Well, they never said, "Hey, we're making Fast Packs." But while highlighting some of the gimmicks they specifically showed the two pieces on the top of the 17 where fast packs would attach as if to say "look at these slots where fast packs could be attached." So, I think technically they're going to do it.

Well, they never said, "Hey, we're making Fast Packs." But while highlighting some of the gimmicks they specifically showed the two pieces on the top of the 17 where fast packs would attach as if to say "look at these slots where fast packs could be attached." So, I think technically they're going to do it.

Well, I guess that depends on sales but I do hope they are.

Im actually liking this head better than the D. I do like the white stripes on the D though.

I don't know why some people think the VF-17D has white stripes. It does not. It has blue stripes.

The only time I have ever seen white stripes on the VF-17D was on the cover art of an old 1995 issue of B-Club magazine.

Graham

I don't know why some people think the VF-17D has white stripes. It does not. It has blue stripes.

The only time I have ever seen white stripes on the VF-17D was on the cover art of an old 1995 issue of B-Club magazine.

Graham

It's because people who haven't seen Macross 7 go to Macross Mecha Manual and look up the VF-17D there. They see the first entry which shows the white stripe, black head version rather than the sub-entry for the diamond force version.

They also showed Fast Packs in a display recently. Then again, they show a lot of stuff.

Graham

It's because people who haven't seen Macross 7 go to Macross Mecha Manual and look up the VF-17D there. They see the first entry which shows the white stripe, black head version rather than the sub-entry for the diamond force version.

Hey I struggled through every episode of Mac 7 and Ill be damned if I could tell you the S's stripes were blue. I know I saw that white stripe somewhere though.

I think it's just because of how dark the VF-17 is, and how little else there is that's actually white around the stripes to compare to. Most times, they really do look like they're supposed to be white, unless you see them next to something that's clearly bright white or silver.

In the opening, the stripes do look like they're meant to be white. The limited palette in the animation means you only have so many colors, and shadowed white often gets drawn in shades of light grayish-blue. In this case, the white head on the VF-17S looks nearly the same color as the stripes on the VF-17Ds following it in the shot where they're hovering across the sand. The shot also happens to use the same color for the clouds.