Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

I wish they would post a transformation video for both of the Valks with Mr K like what we saw for the Kai just after it was released. I realize the 19S is exactly the same but I thought it was just good marketing to see each mode up close and very informative of what to expect... plus the new 19 is slightly different and that could be useful for us to know.

I would also appreciate it if they would do that for all new molds they release in the future. I had pre ordered the Fire Valkyrie and had some doubts like always, but once I saw it on film I was blown away. I think from a marketing perspective it could help drive sales. And from an end user perspective, it helps alot to see the transformation while you are trying it yourself.

Alright, that looks sweet and SOLID. The only thing that kinda throws me still is the color. Granted the valk looks fantastic in the video (with the tampo on the head, the finished painting along the connection piece for the chest guns, and the slightly higher yellow stripe on the shoulders it starts to come together a LOT better). Is this supposed to be a generic Nightmare or Gamlin's? I was expecting the final look to have a lot more blue in it (I did a photoshop when the pictures first came out, the lineart is of course from Mr. March's page).

post-1418-0-77491900-1322660724_thumb.jpg

Not that the white black and grey isn't a bit more realistic, but I think the grey colors combined with the heavy flash in the first pics was one of the reasons why a lot of people who LIKE this particular valk weren't sure what to think. There still seem to be some painted details missing (particularly on the chest plate), but Renato's video and all these internal construction shots we're seeing tell me I need to somehow generate almost three hundred dollars very quickly (and that's half a paycheck for me).

Sigh, I used to think one valk every year or so was manageable. That's when I thought 180 bucks was a lot . . . .

Alms, alms, alms for the poor valk junkie (Jingles cup . . . . .)

:)

Edited by NeoverseOmega

New images from Ga

04s.jpg

I guess there are concerns on the die cast shoulder hinges, which is probably the weakest joint of the toy. I could be wrong but they did mention that the hinges have been proven to hold up pretty well.

──肩の部分の構造が面白いですね。すごい、クリアランスもギリギリだ!

みすたーK:肩の部分の変形は設計者が頑張ってくれました。強度についても検証中ですが、恐らく大丈夫でしょう。

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/018758/

Edited by Vi-RS

I wonder what they actually say about those pictures. Is it a sort of "This is how it's supposed to be" picture like they had for positioning the limbs in the belly of the YF-21?

don't do that, it's much more fun to just make stuff up.

I'm going with, "look at how easy it is to rip this hinge assembly apart! Why would we even make it like that? Because we hate you, that's why! We do this sh!t on purpose. BOOM!"

wow, i didn't think it'd be as long as the VF-19! My heart still goes to the 19 though, just simply more awesome!

And yeah, this probably is the tallest 1/60 made (sans the sv-51) by Yamato

Also, doesn't the cockpit seat look like it'd rotate, similar to the VF-19? I wonder why...

Edited by Archer

Oh, well, I kinda figured as much from Renato's video with the cockpit mechanism. But even WITHIN the cockpit, can't you see lines around the edges of the seat similar to the VF-19 where the seat alone might sviwel? Maybe I'm just overthinking it....

Oh, well, I kinda figured as much from Renato's video with the cockpit mechanism. But even WITHIN the cockpit, can't you see lines around the edges of the seat similar to the VF-19 where the seat alone might sviwel? Maybe I'm just overthinking it....

yeah, you're overthinking it. The cockpit swivels in the vf-1, 19, 22, etc, because the fuselage is no longer oriented horizontally but vertically, so the cockpit rotates so that the pilot is oriented horizontally within battroid mode.

In the vf-17, the whole cockpit section flips up into the chest so that the pilot is still horizontally seated, so the chair doesn't need to move independently because everything moves.

Oh, alright then, thank!

The only Yamato valks I've had are the V.2 VF-1 (which has a very small cockpit) and the VF-19 (which actually has a swivel cockpit), so I never really knew of common Yammie cockpit construction before.

Well, this release is looking better and better with each new pic. More publicity, the better :)

Alright, that looks sweet and SOLID. The only thing that kinda throws me still is the color. Granted the valk looks fantastic in the video (with the tampo on the head, the finished painting along the connection piece for the chest guns, and the slightly higher yellow stripe on the shoulders it starts to come together a LOT better). Is this supposed to be a generic Nightmare or Gamlin's? I was expecting the final look to have a lot more blue in it (I did a photoshop when the pictures first came out, the lineart is of course from Mr. March's page).

post-1418-0-77491900-1322660724_thumb.jpg

Not that the white black and grey isn't a bit more realistic, but I think the grey colors combined with the heavy flash in the first pics was one of the reasons why a lot of people who LIKE this particular valk weren't sure what to think. There still seem to be some painted details missing (particularly on the chest plate), but Renato's video and all these internal construction shots we're seeing tell me I need to somehow generate almost three hundred dollars very quickly (and that's half a paycheck for me).

Sigh, I used to think one valk every year or so was manageable. That's when I thought 180 bucks was a lot . . . .

Alms, alms, alms for the poor valk junkie (Jingles cup . . . . .)

:)

I would've been a bit happier with the bluish color as well. Perhaps not as blue as your color, but with a tint of blue in the grey, I think it'd make it pop a little more, and would be great.

I would've been a bit happier with the bluish color as well. Perhaps not as blue as your color, but with a tint of blue in the grey, I think it'd make it pop a little more, and would be great.

I think Mr. K mentions that the colour's going to be dark gray with a little bit of blue.

I never trust animation (especially older) when it comes to black or darker colors. Too often they used blues to substitute for it so the viewer could still make out definition.

Just look at Superman's hair, if we're going to be 100% faithful to the way he's drawn and colored, then suerpman has blue hair and obviously that's not the artist's intent.

I never trust animation (especially older) when it comes to black or darker colors. Too often they used blues to substitute for it so the viewer could still make out definition.

True, purple is often "cartoon-black" as well. In some cases the colour of the plastic might seem different under different lighting conditions.

Personally, I usually prefer realism or at least a ' realistic style', over cartoon accuracy.

Really don't like Macross 7.

However this VF-17 has increased it's appeal with each image revealed. The engineering is amazing. And pleased at the amount of die-cast...

Maybe a Max or Millia type will tempt me further...

Really don't like Macross 7.

However this VF-17 has increased it's appeal with each image revealed. The engineering is amazing. And pleased at the amount of die-cast...

Maybe a Max or Millia type will tempt me further...

I more or less share the same thought. Don't really care about the show.

But the VF-17 looks good and special and I am looking forward to it.

While I too am interested in M&M customs, VF-17 should be black to be right. It's a stealth bomber after all... :)