Dredd 3D - in theaters Sept. 21, 2012

Zor Primus

First Image

Well, it can't be worse then the first attempt. Karl Urban was a good choice imo...

"Dredd" is directed by Peter Travis (Vantage Point) from a script by Alex Garland (28 Days Later). It is tentatively set to hit theaters in 2012.

post-2668-129025882515_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zor Primus

Can't say I'm that keen on the look, if this is the look. The background looks 21st century normal to me, not Megacity 1 curvy and futuristic. The uniform is rather understated, although in an odd way reminiscent of the original Judge Dredd art. Really don't like the Lawgiver.

I'm up for this. First film wasn't that good of an adaptation, though it was still a film i rather enjoyed.

But yeah gotta agree with Vile, i'm not really liking the look of it. Still it's only one image, and hopefully that opinion will change once there's more material to go by.

I like Karl Urban as an actor but that man is the new Michael Cain... He'll take any role. lol. Pathfinder was awful. But he was great in Star Trek and Red. I think I would have picked Ray Stevenson or at least Vinnie Jones. Vinnie has cheese writen all over him though. lol. In any case I guess I'm not that interested in a new JD movie.

The previous Judge Dredd was pretty bad but Stallone looked pretty badass as Dredd.

The previous Judge Dredd was pretty bad but Stallone looked pretty badass as Dredd.

With his helmet on, he was a dead ringer.

I thought I'd never say this about Karl Urban, but his helmet too big.

That, and the small shoulder and elbow pads, reminds me of the original Dredd look. Waitaminnit - is that a moustache?! Someone should tell him he's not in a beauty contest ... huh.gif

With his helmet on, he was a dead ringer.

That, and the small shoulder and elbow pads, reminds me of the original Dredd look. Waitaminnit - is that a moustache?! Someone should tell him he's not in a beauty contest ... huh.gif

Well, it is Movember.....

Taksraven

I would have preferred a continuation sequel of the fist (with or without Stallone). Hate remakes in general, though, and did like the original.

I hated the Versace designed spandex uniform in the first movie.

The new uniform does look closer to the original Ezquerra designed concept. At least it looks like black leather,which is what it is supposed to be.

This new movie Lawgiver does look reasonably close to the current MK11.

Can't wait to see the Lawmaster. Hope it's closer to the comic version than the overgrown Vespa scooter in the Stallone movie.

Graham

I agree the helmet is too big but those shots are from pre-production rehearsels so its a good chance they arent the finished uniform.

I hope storywise it starts off with something along the lines of Judge Cal, and then does judge child and Necropolis for sequels... assuming the first one isnt a total mess.

I'm hoping the shots with Urban was just a stereography test, or a shot blocking test.

Honestly, the design of the whole earlier Stallone Dredd film was fine by me. What bugged me were the liberties taken with key characters like Dredd, Fergie and Hershey. Diane Lane is nice and hot & all, but she not Hershey on any day. And no smoochies for Dredd and Hershey. No way.