He's very useful...without him the writers would have to kill off a character the fan's would actually miss! :rolleyes:

Ha ha! I see what you did there.

But I'm with Mommar on this one, he is useful with the random bits of knowledge and trivia that's helped them along the way. Is he a coward and liar? Sure - but not everyone is, or can be a born, or born again bad-ass.

It sounded like he turned.

I thought so too, but I'm betting on the redemption angle for his character.

-b.

I think Eugene has passed on enough skills.

....Eugene awakes:

Eugene:".....ah, or another way of putting it is that I AM a scientist....No?"

Stirring in the bushes..

Morgan:"Hey guys,hey guys. Couldn't help over hearing, if Eugene hasn't got the humankind cure on a "post it" note hidden in his mullet,I say clear him?"

Eugene:"I've got some fun facts about DC?"

CLICK.BANG.CLEAR.

Eugene has the potential to be a far more sympathetic character than any of you guys are giving credit for.

At the moment he's a counter point to the cowardly Priest, Eugene finally fessed up (a bit of bravery) and has proved useful. The Priest has been well and truly useless and has made zero indication of changing his cowardice.

Eugene is a fun character but I think the reveal made him dispensable story wise if it didn't do it in terms of what the team needs. I don't really blame people calling for his blood. I think it's just a matter whom would you want gone in place of whom. But I'm all for brave choices over safe ones. Except Maggie! Kill Maggie I riot! *takes phone and throws it across the room*

Well, Morgan's gonna be re- introduced soon( hopefully for the mid season finale ) ..so someone,s gotta die..

The priest's big past NoNo was just trapping some church goers underneath the church floor boards right..?

...Am I missing something?....that priest should just take a spoonful of concrete and harden the F#*k up.

Well, Morgan's gonna be re- introduced soon( hopefully for the mid season finale ) ..so someone,s gotta die..

The priest's big past NoNo was just trapping some church goers underneath the church floor boards right..?

...Am I missing something?....that priest should just take a spoonful of concrete and harden the F#*k up.

No, a few episodes back (when Bob was bitten) it was revealed that the preacher locked people out of the church, ultimately leading to them dieing. Hence his "guilt" and the carving on the outside of the church that says he'll burn for this (or whatever).

He opened the floor boards to get out of the church w/out being seen and to bypass the barricades that Carl and Michone put up while the rest of the group went to Atlanta to get Beth and Carol.

-b.

Grumble, grumble, that was stupid...

Yup... totally agree. That was a stupid way to let a major character go.

The beginning was the best part but the rest of the episode was just bad. The cop fight was dumb and was predictable. The priest. At least it wasn't a cliffhanger ending.

Pretty much guessed that it would be Carol or Beth to go. My money would have been on Carol though, they have almost written her out about three times so far.

Had to laugh at Maggie's reaction though, she has barely mentioned Beth since the prison fell.

Complete waste of a very likable character. The scene was executed so sloppily that it was a disgrace to that character's legacy on the show...

BOO....

Did any of you guys see Talking Dead afterwards? She seemed genuinely upset about how things turned out..

Yep, but born really of having made really good friends with cast-mates and others and having to say good-bye to them.

-b.

Had to laugh at Maggie's reaction though, she has barely mentioned Beth since the prison fell.

She virtually wasn't bothered by her being missing until her death. She's the only family she had left and she had to go for Glenn every single time. If only she wanted to look for her even after meeting Glenn's entourage during the tunnel episode.

Trying to make some sense to it, I think Maggie had a "not knowing what you had until you lost it" moment.

I liked Beth alot. Sad that she had to go.

Edited by close313

I'm still trying to understand Beth's death. The way she attacked Dawn was non-lethal; even a non-combatant like Beth should know that method of an attack with that sort of an improvised weapon would wound at best. I get the impression that Beth was, dare I say, hoping for what happened to her. Remember all of her statements to random characters about "not feeling" or "not crying" anymore. I'm beginning to think that her character had sort of a death wish...

I'm still trying to understand Beth's death. The way she attacked Dawn was non-lethal; even a non-combatant like Beth should know that method of an attack with that sort of an improvised weapon would wound at best. I get the impression that Beth was, dare I say, hoping for what happened to her. Remember all of her statements to random characters about "not feeling" or "not crying" anymore. I'm beginning to think that her character had sort of a death wish...

Yes, she actually sacrificed herself to free Noah

Edited by chyll2

I don't really mind Beth's death at all. But the way it was done was more meant to be shocking and doesn't think about how much sense it made. She basically has her whole family there, looking for her and found her and if it was suicide, she found ill time to do it. That's kinda messed up. But if it wasn't suicide... what the hell was that? I don't think it makes sense that she did it for Noah, knowing that she was with a group that'll do anything to get people that helped them back.

The actress herself was upset because she moved to GA and felt part of a family... it's not really all that hard to understand why she'd be affected. Out of all the guests from the show, she was the most well spoken based on her last appearance.

The actress herself was upset because she moved to GA and felt part of a family... it's not really all that hard to understand why she'd be affected. Out of all the guests from the show, she was the most well spoken based on her last appearance.

Some of those guests make me want to take a knife to my own skull...

BTW... Kirkman squashed the Daryl is gay rumor.

Some of those guests make me want to take a knife to my own skull...

The problem is they should only have two guests. Right now you have the comedian/non cast or crew person that has to comment sarcastically on everything, the production guy you want to hear behind the scenes from and the actor that you want to hear character development from.

• 2 months later...