Yamato 1/60 Regult

UN Spacy

Guest davidwhangchoi

i think jenius a while back was making a case to go 1/72 because of the pricing issue of enemy mecha. but i doubt yamato/arcadia is willing at this point to introduce a 1/72 line.

+1

which would make it even more expensive if it were fully built and not a kit. putting it in the 500-600 range,

even at the lower end 500, i doubt more than a dozen will buy it.

thought the reason for the expense was the limited run and non-traditional nature of the materials used.....I do not think a non-transforming toy version made with the same plastics used for the rest of their line would cost more than the limited HDP kit.......

1/60 scale...really $$$$$! Smaller scale...ehhhh. Any Regult release for me..."not too excited so I'll wait for a sale." The toy company sees this and goes,"we're not gonna try that again!" :D

The solution to make it cheaper would be to skimp on some of the fancier aspects of it. Personally I don't need to be able to open thing up and look inside it. I'll never ever pose it that way. Leave the egg shell completely hollow. That does several things. Cuts down on cost of unnecessary parts inside. Cuts down on cost of tooling fancier parts. Cuts down on cost assembling unnecessary parts. And as we've already heard, cuts down on the weight up top the knees/ankles need to support.

I would pay up front for it also. I missed out on it because at the time it was being sold, currency conversion was horrid and would have made it over $500 to purchase. I just couldn't fit it in my budget because I had other expenses as well and it didn't stick around at places like HLJ very long.

The reason for the pricing was the HDP resin used and limited numbers.

I frankly was not thrilled by this, if they would've made the kit at least for less than 300 it would've sold better.

I know its a huge kit but still don't understand why it's so difficult to mass produce with cheaper lighter materials, only one hatches open, waist, knees and ankle articulation, not complicated.

But I'll be honest, I would not pay 350-400 for this kit.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

yeah if this was a traditional kit or even a finished toy it would have been LESS than the limited production HDP kit. But even at less than $400 they figured they couldn't get enough sales to make production tooling worth it so they went low production, high price is my guess. i woud love for them to reevaluate the business case for a full production kit/toy or toy/kit of the regult. the design could be based on this one with some necessary changes for higher production more toy friendly kit. to make it cheaper they can reduce the size maybe....even if they reduced the scale to 1/65 or 1/72 it'd look "big enough" next to a 1/60 valk. ideally 1/60 would be nice though.

It's almost as if it was set up to fail...

It feels like all Regult toys are set up to fail though don't it? :p

We got gummy Revoltechs (actually pretty nice but I skipped them).

We got expensive Yamato kits.

We got Toynami releases that didn't do well because HELLO! TOYNAMI! :D

It feels like all Regult toys are set up to fail though don't it? :p

We got gummy Revoltechs (actually pretty nice but I skipped them).

We got expensive Yamato kits.

We got Toynami releases that didn't do well because HELLO! TOYNAMI! :D

I do still have my Playmates one as well...

What's funny is my ex-girlfriend's 8 year old kid didn't know anything about Macross/Robotech/etc... at all and his favorite out of everything I showed him was that little Toynami Regult. That and the VF-17...

It seems like for something like the enemy mecha they need to find ways to cut costs, not make them more expensive. I'm sorry, I know some people really want to pose them opened up with soldiers piloting them but all of those "gimmicks" make it more expensive. A stripped down one with decent poseability is all I'd need. It would still be expensive because of the joints, but it doesn't need anything more than that. Then again I also want nousejadeul_ger's and Zent Battlesuits, etc... You'd think with some of these pretty poseable figma style figures they could stamp out some battle-armor for $40 or $50 that would look decent and be poseable.

I would consider a release in the Robot Damashii line!

Simple, nice quality, low cost, low price, and hopefully looks nice!

Edited by xrentonx

I would consider a release in the Robot Damashii line!

Simple, nice quality, low cost, low price, and hopefully looks nice!

A similar concept to what I'm thinking of, yes. Though I would like for them to be in scale.

Posting pics as promised. More to come!!!

It's a perfect stance for a gancho too.

Awesome! I still plan to make a soldier to put inside these suckers. Already have it all modeled up! I'm just saving up for a 3D printer. Hopefully it won't be too heavy.

attachicon.gifShapeways Preview.JPG

I would so buy one of those. It'd be cool to cut the joints & put in Revoltech joints. Or you could plan it that way for printing...

Amazing Regult, I.O.! Sigh, what might've been.

Awesome! I still plan to make a soldier to put inside these suckers. Already have it all modeled up! I'm just saving up for a 3D printer. Hopefully it won't be too heavy.

attachicon.gifShapeways Preview.JPG

Nice work. :)

I would so buy one of those. It'd be cool to cut the joints & put in Revoltech joints. Or you could plan it that way for printing...

Amazing Regult, I.O.! Sigh, what might've been.

That model needs separate parts to fit in the Regult anyway. :) Revoltech/Ball joints are the obvious way to go.

So cool! I love the one with the regult sitting in front of the soldier.

The one I'm making is close to the TREX one and it will require joints. It'll just be smaller to fit inside the cockpit. It's about the size of a figma figure or a CMs Macross figure. Also want one in 1/48 scale... which to me is 1/60 anime scale. lol.

:wub:

Really wish that Arcadia would re-visit this with more reasonably priced materials and fully assembled for those of us that don't have a single modeling bone in our bodies. Exclusive, limited-run, whatever - just make it happen for no more than the price of a v2 1/60 YF-19, VF-4 or SDF-1.

-b.

They should handle it like they did with the SDF-1. Move to ABS and release an assembled version and a kit version. The kit version was half the cost of the assembled toy and included more stuff as well!

It would be so easy to light this thing with LEDs, especially if you didn't care about the inside compartment. I would put LEDs in the foot and side thrusters, possibly the eye, and in the guns.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I think Arcadia should make a toy dropping all internals but leaving the door open for a later "internals" set (that maybe even another company like T-Rex could fulfill. The Regult toy without the internals would be much less top heavy and would make a better toy and it should be so simple that the price wouldn't need to be astronomical.

I think Arcadia should make a toy dropping all internals but leaving the door open for a later "internals" set (that maybe even another company like T-Rex could fulfill. The Regult toy without the internals would be much less top heavy and would make a better toy and it should be so simple that the price wouldn't need to be astronomical.

That's been my idea for awhile minus the additional internals designed by someone else, but that's because I don't care about any internals. Just find a way to cut down on costs and weight. I don't need a bunch of "gimmicks" just some fun pose-ability I can put next to my Valks. At this point making a (relatively) affordable one in 1/60 you can pose is gimmick enough. With the shell hollowed out that might make it easier to change out assemblies on the front/sides/top of the pod so you could have heavy missiles, or mini-missiles or switch the face out for the Scout version. That's a better gimmick then being able to put an action figure inside it to me.

That's been my idea for awhile minus the additional internals designed by someone else, but that's because I don't care about any internals. Just find a way to cut down on costs and weight. I don't need a bunch of "gimmicks" just some fun pose-ability I can put next to my Valks. At this point making a (relatively) affordable one in 1/60 you can pose is gimmick enough. With the shell hollowed out that might make it easier to change out assemblies on the front/sides/top of the pod so you could have heavy missiles, or mini-missiles or switch the face out for the Scout version. That's a better gimmick then being able to put an action figure inside it to me.

yup i think a simplied interior/hollow interior version would sell well since they could hit a price point people could accept. they do need to give the thing better, stiffer joints though. that would be the uiltimate insult if a simpliied hollowed out one couldn't hold poses well!