The Expendables. Coming Summer 2010.

Watched the movie friday night and liked it, it was not shakespeare (or even Predator) but it was fun. What I *DIDN'T* like (and don't like the whole trend) is the use of super close closeups of the action with quick camera cuts. Maybe I'm just getting old - but that kind of stuff is impossible to follow and sometimes makes my seasick.

Last movie I saw that really overdid this was LotR: Return of the King, but that was partly my friends showing up late so we had to sit REAL close to the screen - later on when I saw it on DVD it was still too choppy but didn't make me ill.

Just caught it. I didn't really like it even for the action. I think A-team delivered better in entertainment value.

Some parts didn't feel very connected due to the lacking of screentime for everyone other than Sly and Statham. Its like it was very hard to coordinate everyone's time (and budget) for them to appear on screen at the same time so sometimes its Sly x Statham, Sly x Jet Li, Sly x Rourke, Sly x Dolph etc.

And it could've definately done better with more character development. I mean classic action movie or no....there has to be some minimal amount of character development....right?

Blood .... check!

Lots of blood .... check!

Stallone .... check!

Statham .... check!

Jet Li .... check!

Austin .... check!

Guns & massive explosions .... check!

People dying in droves .... check!

Limbs & gore .... check!

Hell yeah, who cares about character developement in a no brainer actioner!

And it could've definately done better with more character development. I mean classic action movie or no....there has to be some minimal amount of character development....right?

I was surprised it had as much character development as it did, certainly more then the average action flick. Perhaps as much as 10 average action flicks combined (with Stathams chracter at any rate)

Give me back the days of True Lies.

Are you praising True Lies? Making fun of it?

I've heard that True Lies 2 will be Arnie/Camron's next film when he finishes with politics. Of course, Camron being Camron, he won't be able to to let it go without infusing it with some of his new environmentalism and 3D gimmicks...

I think both he and Cameron have made it clear that there won't be any more true lies movies anymore. One of them said "terrorists aren't funny anymore."

Blood .... check!

Lots of blood .... check!

Stallone .... check!

Statham .... check!

Jet Li .... check!

Austin .... check!

Guns & massive explosions .... check!

People dying in droves .... check!

Limbs & gore .... check!

Hell yeah, who cares about character developement in a no brainer actioner!

How about good action? Competent directing? Lots of stuff blowing up isn't the same thing as interesting, fun or exciting.

How about good action? Competent directing? Lots of stuff blowing up isn't the same thing as interesting, fun or exciting.

I thought the directing was great! The action was great! I feel like some people here just want to hate this film... Wanted to before it came out.

Not me. I love all those guys. I wanted this movie to be good and I had a good time watching it, but lets be honest, it's not a good movie. The pacing was off and it suffered from the same affliction that Bay movies do... the action just gets monotonous, the explosions start to sound like the ticks of a metronome, tick, explosion, tock, explosion.

Are you praising True Lies? Making fun of it?

I think both he and Cameron have made it clear that there won't be any more true lies movies anymore. One of them said "terrorists aren't funny anymore."

Praise of course.

I thought the directing was great! The action was great! I feel like some people here just want to hate this film... Wanted to before it came out.

Wanted to like this movie...i felt the idea was awesome as well. Just too bad Sly isn't that great a director. Rambo was a better movie maybe because he was the only lead. A-team was a way better "no-brainer actioner".

He said this shortly after 9/11. Not too long ago, he gave another interview in which he said a sequel could still happen, IIRC.

Meh... action flicks have enemy-ized pretty much every faction / group / religion / country / Species out there:

Arabs, Colombian Drug Lords, Asians, The LAPD, Extraterrestrials, Sharks, Rich CEO's, Mercenaries, African Warlords, Liberals, Conservatives, Environmentalists, and Stifler's mom.

Since the other major action flick thread was closed, I will just conserve some bandwidth and troll here instead...

MACHETE WAS the MOST FRACK-TastiC FUTHAfart1N ACTION MOVE EVAH MADE!!!1!!! For my $8, I got:

• Lindsay Lohan nun with a magnum.
  • Michelle Rodriguez with an eye patch firing an AR made to look like an OICW.
  • Jessica Alba in the shower.
  • Dual Nurse with Uzi's.

Glad I watched this one instead.