The Expendables. Coming Summer 2010.

Can this list of action stars get any better?

The list keeps growing folks.

Sylvester Stallone - Barney Ross

Jason Statham - Lee Christmas

Jet Li - Yin Yang

Terry Crews - Hale Caesar

Randy Couture - Toll Road

Dolph Lundgren - Gunnar Jensen

Mickey Rourke - Tool

Eric Roberts - James Monroe

Steve Austin - Paine

Bruce Willis - Mr. Church

Arnold Schwarzenegger - Trench

I think we're just missing Chuck Norris. Apparently JCVD was offered a part but he rejected it. :angry:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808411960/video

looks like a nice little action movie. :)

So Austin is one of the bad guys i guess. I heard that the fight between stone cold and Stallone is really intense. (both guys banged each other up filming it)

seems like most of those guys are cameos...

I wanna see the list of bad guys to look like this

Alan Rickman

Alexander Gudonov (I know, he's dead)

Michael Wincott (bad guy from the crow)

Fat Freddie Mercury from Commando

The Kurgen

Curtwood Smith (Clarence Bodicker)

Billy Drago

William Sadler

and the of course the meanest jerk of all....

Christopher McDonald

seems like most of those guys are cameos...

I wanna see the list of bad guys to look like this

Alan Rickman

Alexander Gudonov (I know, he's dead)

Michael Wincott (bad guy from the crow)

Fat Freddie Mercury from Commando

The Kurgen

Curtwood Smith (Clarence Bodicker)

Billy Drago

William Sadler

and the of course the meanest jerk of all....

Christopher McDonald

You forgot Gary Olman and Rutger Hauer

Lol, this is either going to be the worst or best movie ever. The only villain capable of matching that lineup would have to be played by Christopher Walken.

If Christopher Walken was the villain, this would be instant win for me...

• 4 months later...

Woah, such a line-up and they didn't include the "Muscles from Brussels" in this?

Not only that, but no Segal or Norris either? Ah well, I still think this'll be fun...

Lol, I wouldn't expect this movie to be anything BUT bad. After all, this movie is a celebration of 80's action/cheese and the people that became famous in these types of movies. Again, my only gripe is the lack of JCVD, Segal and Norris...

Lol, I wouldn't expect this movie to be anything BUT bad. After all, this movie is a celebration of 80's action/cheese and the people that became famous in these types of movies. Again, my only gripe is the lack of JCVD, Segal and Norris...

I suppose it wouldn't be fair to have Chuck Norris in it. As we all know, the sheer brilliance of his aura would simply overpower all the bad guys and render everyone else's role on the team impotent. :phttp://4q.cc/index.php?pid=top100&person=chuck

Truly do not care what any reviews claim. Expendables will be a great old school action heroes flick! The cast is solid as-is, it does not need JVCD (he is a serious "actor" see his next project MacBeth), Wesley Snipes (tax problems, fool of course you are going to get caught), and Seagal (issues with the producer Avi Lerner, get over it).

For those of us who miss the real action flicks without wire-fu staring real action heroes... cannot imagine this getting any better. Extremely sick of muscle suit action heroes, wire "boring as hell" fu, and emo vampire/werewolves. My ten cents, enjoy Expendables for all it is worth ... this might very well be one of the last real action films you will see in a looong time, minus Donnie Yen and Tony Jaa's films.

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

I think what he's trying to say is if you were in the movie it would be the best movie of all time.

OH.. Wow, thats a mighty big compliment. Thank you. I dunno, there are some superstars in there.

lol, you sh!t all over "wire fu" then you praise donnie yen and tony jaa? ha.

Ok so tell us, would you seriously put Donnie Yen and Tony Jaa's action films in the same level of "Peter Pan" wire fu action that has become so commonplace in Hollywood films? If anything Donnie and Tony are among the few actual martial artists who barely use wire work. The fact is Donnie and Tony both do not like using wire work precisely b/c it has been extremely overly abused and detracts from an actors fluid body movements. Case in point, in Ong Bok Tony displayed incredible raw intensity and the action sequences were unbelievably fluid and looked so damn good. Honestly I doubt there is any film that came out of Hollywood that comes close. Of course the great fight choreography certainly helped but I absolutely feel the lack of super humans flying around in the air helped a lot to raise the level of fight realism.

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

Ah... ah, this movie pure MEAT, Stallone your a f' legend, MATE this movie will make you feel like a man. hahahaha

THE "Plane"... THE fully auto Shotgun... THE knife play.. loved Christmas LOL, ohh baby it was badass, arnie was a legend, now that he will probably be out of a job he'll be in no.2 pleasepleaseplease make a no.2 and Mr CHurch better be in it hahahah, Jet was brilliant an funny, loved Dolph, he was kick ass, glad he is still kicking for a sequel!!! Excellent choreography! Just loved everything about this movie, loved "Tool" lol, touching when he was goinon about his soul.. great actor Rouke is! I need to see this again man, this beats Inception just because of the sheer Kill Count!!!! Atleast a

couple of hundred...

GO SEE IT, pray for a sequel. Goin again next cheap tuesday, getting blueray soon as it comes out.

movie of the year.

If this movie is half as decent as I hope it to be, the world will explode. Better yet, what will the BODY COUNT will be at the end!

BOOM.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Quite looking forward to seeing this after watching the trailer.

I just hope there is not too much fake-ass CG and wire-fu. Just straight up 80s' style action suits me fine.

Together with A-Team, Predators and Machete, 2010 looks like being the year of the 80s' style action movie!

Graham

Ok so tell us, would you seriously put Donnie Yen and Tony Jaa's action films in the same level of "Peter Pan" wire fu action that has become so commonplace in Hollywood films? If anything Donnie and Tony are among the few actual martial artists who barely use wire work. The fact is Donnie and Tony both do not like using wire work precisely b/c it has been extremely overly abused and detracts from an actors fluid body movements. Case in point, in Ong Bok Tony displayed incredible raw intensity and the action sequences were unbelievably fluid and looked so damn good. Honestly I doubt there is any film that came out of Hollywood that comes close. Of course the great fight choreography certainly helped but I absolutely feel the lack of super humans flying around in the air helped a lot to raise the level of fight realism.

You obviously haven't seen ong bak 2 then or you're really picking and choosing which films to watch. Tony just hasn't done enough movies to say what he will or won't do, but if ong bak 2 is any indication of where he wants to go I'm more than happy to stick to Nolan and the dark knight.

This movie looks fun, I think stall ones rant about the direction action movies have taken is more about how he's getting old and irrelevant rather than a serious or meaningful critique on action films. Personally I see nothing wrong with action stars that don't look like they spend all day lifting weights and shooting up steroids.