No Beagle Blow Superior... that blows superior...

EXO

I think it's the scale... I have the picture with Aramaki's scribblings on it and it looks awesome because the picture is huge... like poster size. But at 1/72 all the detail he added looks really cramped.

Just when I thought Mospeada was dead. Not too keen on the small size. But still, if enough of us buy this guy, we just may see some future Legioss or Tread releases. Or even enemy mech. One can dream...

Still, for the size, this is going to be an awesome little kit.

Thanks for the pics. It looks nice, but the pro builds always do.

Hopefully there will be other releases from WAVE beyond the Legioss repaints. :rolleyes:

THAT is exactly what I am hoping for. I really want to see some Scouts, or Shock Troopers. Some of the MB fleet. Drones. Even Treads would be awesome!

Edited by ae_productions

We'll likely never know - but I would love to see what the sales numbers would be if WAVE just went with an Mospeada enemy line right in the 1/48th range. Something we've never had or seen before, to go with something most of us already have.

Straight out of the gate with no heroes.

Purple Trooper first, Pack of 2 or 3 Scouts, then Gurab or Blue Guy. Show or web exclusives could be the smaller soldier in 3, or other variations.

The they could mix in the heroes in Soldier mode - but in 1/48th.

I realize its written somewhere that enemies don't sell, but I have 1/72 kits of the blue Legioss, 1/55 and 1/48th and 1/32 toys and resin kits.

Its always Skull 1 and the Blue Legioss - followed by the 1J and the Green Legioss - ON AND ON and ON...

Maybe if this does really we'll see all those Inbits in 1/72, but that scale does not do that much for me...

We'll likely never know - but I would love to see what the sales numbers would be if WAVE just went with an Mospeada enemy line right in the 1/48th range. Something we've never had or seen before, to go with something most of us already have.

Straight out of the gate with no heroes.

Purple Trooper first, Pack of 2 or 3 Scouts, then Gurab or Blue Guy. Show or web exclusives could be the smaller soldier in 3, or other variations.

The they could mix in the heroes in Soldier mode - but in 1/48th.

I realize its written somewhere that enemies don't sell, but I have 1/72 kits of the blue Legioss, 1/55 and 1/48th and 1/32 toys and resin kits.

Its always Skull 1 and the Blue Legioss - followed by the 1J and the Green Legioss - ON AND ON and ON...

Maybe if this does really we'll see all those Inbits in 1/72, but that scale does not do that much for me...

I agree. I wish they were the 1:48 or 1:35 scales.

MINT is such a DISTRACTION!

This is a neat, but very FIDDLEY set.

Takes some time just to get all the pieces to stay on long enough to take a photo.

CMS - nice job on the tampo printing. Not such a nice on so many things, I do not have time to list them here.

Would never have gotten these, then they smartly came out with the figure set. Ray, Fuke and Mint are quite good, Yellow so-so, while Stick looks sickly.

These are getting cheaper all the time online for those you have never jumped in...

post-8486-0-21575000-1316692815_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-08573900-1316692824_thumb.jpg

Love the sculpt, detailing and proportions. Probably the best Legioss Armo Soldier yet. Too bad it's not a toy, but being this a snap fit kit, I'll give it try. I hope it comes molded in color, just add some panel lining and off you go.

I hope so. I love to put models together. Detailing, decals, panel lines, weathering. But Painting, not so much.

Where can I find those CMS figures?

MINT is such a DISTRACTION!

This is a neat, but very FIDDLEY set.

Takes some time just to get all the pieces to stay on long enough to take a photo.

CMS - nice job on the tampo printing. Not such a nice on so many things, I do not have time to list them here.

Would never have gotten these, then they smartly came out with the figure set. Ray, Fuke and Mint are quite good, Yellow so-so, while Stick looks sickly.

These are getting cheaper all the time online for those you have never jumped in...

I think that kit looks frakking awesome. Not too big on the small size, but really badass. I have the Imai kit, and that kit doesn't look nearly as good as this. I think it's in the detail. IMO, it's probably the best Armo Soldier sculpt so far. Very panel detailed. I'm in for one. :D

The Wave soldier is just hideous! Considering that it doesn't have to transform, I think they dropped the ball massively. Heck, the 28 year-old Imai soldier looks better than that!

Compared to your work, yes, I do agree with you Cap.

However, I think as a mass produced model kit, it looks pretty cool. It's a different take on the Legioss. But it's really growing on me. Can't wait to get my hands on it. But again...why 1/72? :wacko:

The Wave soldier is just hideous! Considering that it doesn't have to transform, I think they dropped the ball massively. Heck, the 28 year-old Imai soldier looks better than that!

Mind telling us exactly what you don't like about it? It is after all just a non-transforming $30 kit. Not some supposed 'Masterpiece'...

Compared to your work, yes, I do agree with you Cap.

However, I think as a mass produced model kit, it looks pretty cool. It's a different take on the Legioss. But it's really growing on me. Can't wait to get my hands on it. But again...why 1/72? :wacko:

Thanks. Will reply via PM...

Mind telling us exactly what you don't like about it? It is after all just a non-transforming $30 kit. Not some supposed 'Masterpiece'...

It's all in the proportions. Compared to both the old Imai 1/72 and the CM's 1/48 toy, the Wave kit's proportions are such that it looks stumpy, squat, deformed and un-heroic: head and shoulders are too big for the chest nacelles and body. It's not like any concessions had to be made to accommodate a complex transformation either, which is why I consider it an aesthetic failure, though I have to admit that the gun is a clear improvement and looks awesome.

I've included comparison pictures to better illustrate my point.

post-632-0-39640500-1317102384_thumb.png

post-632-0-94980300-1317102424_thumb.png

It's all in the proportions. Compared to both the old Imai 1/72 and the CM's 1/48 toy, the Wave kit's proportions are such that it looks stumpy, squat, deformed and un-heroic: head and shoulders are too big for the chest nacelles and body. It's not like any concessions had to be made to accommodate a complex transformation either, which is why I consider it an aesthetic failure, though I have to admit that the gun is a clear improvement and looks awesome.

I agree that the Wave kit is underwhelming, but I don't think that the Imai or CM versions do any better. To me, the iconic soldier is the illustration on the box of the old Imai kit. Compared to that, the Wave design looks like a gnome, mostly because of the tiny body and chest, which in turn makes the head look too big. The lower legs should be longer, the arms are too wide.

post-1187-0-51874800-1317131717_thumb.jpg

I hope to see the new kit in the upcoming model magazines with a paintjob that is not so heavy on the panel lines. Maybe that will improve the look slightly.

Fair enough. I do like the WAVE interpretation tho. The squat proportions almost look goofy, but that picture m0n5t3r just posted is exactly what came to mind when I fist saw it. - a more padded and beefier version.

I don't think there is a definitive version of the Legioss, but you seem to be on the right track with your kit. B))

'captain america' -- looks stumpy, squat, deformed and un-heroic

UN-HEROIC! I knew it. I just couldn't find those words.

Was saying 'cluttered', but I see what you mean now.

The panel lines could be light gray on the white areas, and dark blue on the blue areas, that would help too.

Still not sure why they chose this scale, a tread soldier at 1/48th 1/55th is still not that large.

DEAR WAVE - Never mind us though - thank you for coming out with anything Mospeada.

Please give us something we've never had like InBits next, oh and in 1/48th would be great, no matter how well or poorly this sells...

Edited by DarrinG

All that illustrates to me is that the new Wave kit looks way better than the old awkward-looking kit and the hideous CM.

Seriously, the new Wave Armo Soldier looks spectacular. I think you = trippin'. :D

The wave was supervised by Aramaki himself so there's really no one better to judge proportions. I'm looking at the comparison pics and I'm dumbfounded by the conclusions I'm suppose to reach. lol. That old Imai kit is hideous and the CMs it way too lanky... look how long that mid section is. Talk about disproportion. I think the Toynami version is OK until you get to the feet. The problem with the Wave is that it's cluttered and the hands and heads are too big. And I think that gun is ugly.

Here's small versions of the Aramaki sketches on top of the protoype.

After seeing those comparisons, the Wave kit looks even better. As far as the other arguments that the head isn't detailed enough, what more are you expecting? Extra panel lines that are non existent in the line art? I don't get what the issue is, but to each their own, I guess. If that kit is un-heroic, then IMO, every alpha/Legioss suffers that same issue.

I do agree though, this scale isn't the best scale for this kit, as it's pretty small to begin with. Perhaps another 1/48 kit would've been the way to go.

Edited by Jasonc