Not to be outdone by their neighbors in the East, Chinese robotic engineers have created a 1:1 scale behemoth as well. Despite obvious similarities to a well known Japanese robot, the People's Central Committee of Mechanized Warfare have assured its audience that similarities are purely coincidental and superficial at best.

Keeping with the PLAAF naming convention, the new mech will be designated J-78-2 太空铁猩猩 (Space Iron Gorilla :D ).

2.jpg

(NOTE: I MADE THE DESCRIPTION UP, but the statue is real).

Not to be outdone by their neighbors in the East, Chinese robotic engineers have created a 1:1 scale behemoth as well. Despite obvious similarities to a well known Japanese robot, the People's Central Committee of Mechanized Warfare have assured its audience that similarities are purely coincidental and superficial at best.

Keeping with the PLAAF naming convention, the new mech will be designated J-78-2 太空铁猩猩 (Space Iron Gorilla :D ).

2.jpg

(NOTE: I MADE THE DESCRIPTION UP, but the statue is real).

:rolleyes:

Sooooooooo......i've been bored and on the downside of thiings and had to find something to fill my toy urges since i can no longer buy the stuff I once could. MG models are a great fix. I made the Wing Gundam because you know that was my intro to the Gundam Universe, as well as the MG 2.0 RX-78-2 which i feel is better than the perfect grade model. Now i am currently waiting to see what I get for christmas, but I have all ready purchased the Zeta 2.0 and the Mk II 2.0. I am looking to eventually get Deathscyte and the DH Custom coming next year, as well as the Wing Zero Custom (had the ver KA version a while ago didn' impress me much really, I like the classic Wing Gundam better). Hoping to get Rezel or Char's Zaku II 2.0 for christmas. And defintely, DEFINITELY want a Siniju.

Sooooooooo......i've been bored and on the downside of thiings and had to find something to fill my toy urges since i can no longer buy the stuff I once could. MG models are a great fix. I made the Wing Gundam because you know that was my intro to the Gundam Universe, as well as the MG 2.0 RX-78-2 which i feel is better than the perfect grade model. Now i am currently waiting to see what I get for christmas, but I have all ready purchased the Zeta 2.0 and the Mk II 2.0. I am looking to eventually get Deathscyte and the DH Custom coming next year, as well as the Wing Zero Custom (had the ver KA version a while ago didn' impress me much really, I like the classic Wing Gundam better). Hoping to get Rezel or Char's Zaku II 2.0 for christmas. And defintely, DEFINITELY want a Siniju.

so why cant u get your PG fix?? the PG S. Freedom is out

get the ReZel and Sinanju, they're both absolutely amazing.

What scale is it?

Peter only Builds MGs.

m129_79.jpg

m129_96.jpg

m129_105.jpg

And Pics of my B. Frame

DSC03873.jpg

DSC03649.jpg

DSC03541.jpg

DSC03537.jpg

Cheers

PS Sniff Since the price drop on the Alter Linebarrel I bought that and now I have to put off my purchse of the PG Red Frame until at least March

Edited by Snail00

get the ReZel and Sinanju, they're both absolutely amazing.

Absolutely. Be care with the Rezel. The Fit of some parts are very tight and therefore it takes extra care to build. And thanks to Anime52k8 I am waiting for my Decals to arrive. Sadly I dont have the painting prowess so I will highlight paint some bits, panel line, decal and Flat Coat it. Anime52k58 Are you getting the commander type??

Absolutely. Be care with the Rezel. The Fit of some parts are very tight and therefore it takes extra care to build. And thanks to Anime52k8 I am waiting for my Decals to arrive. Sadly I dont have the painting prowess so I will highlight paint some bits, panel line, decal and Flat Coat it. Anime52k58 Are you getting the commander type??

Eventually. I want it, but seeing as I've basically built the kit once already, I'm in less of a hurry to pick it up (and less willing to pay a premium to have it NOW). basically I'm waiting 'til it comes out so I can get it for the cheapest price. ;)

so why cant u get your PG fix?? the PG S. Freedom is out

That was last year I bought like 6 PGs, and while some are awesome, a few werent and I don't feel like shelling out 200+ dollars agaain if i can get a MG that's almost just as nice for way cheaper.

You CAN get free replacement parts form bandai (sort of.)

You can send an email with a picture of the defective part asking about a replacement here: bandaiactionkit@bandai.co.jp

and they'll reply asking for info on the part you need, then they'll send you out the part.

this works under too conditions though: (from the email they sent me)

So basically, If you find a defective/missing part still in the plastic bags, they'll replace it free of charge every time. They'll replace parts that where broken/lost by you, but they'll only do up to 4 parts 1 time.

Never knew about this. I wonder if they'd replace the broken rail on my MkII's shield. I also lost a thruster, but I'd expect nothing there.

As for kits, paint has still delayed the completion of the Qubeley. I'm thinking of getting some new MG kits for Xmas, but with that incomplete, it seems too soon. Thinking about some Zeta or Unicorn kits (especially Sinanju, though a local shop has it for $100), or maybe a Nu or F91.

Very nice and sleek. :D

What do u call it?

I couldn't envision it looking good when you said you wanted an exia/wing hybrid months ago....but boy you made me eat my words. Thumbs up!

You must mistake me for somebody else, I never proposed such a hybrid. The pictured kit is from the Gundam 00 sidestory 00P and conveniently offered by Bandai as a HG kit:

1.5 Gundam

I just made some minor detail upgrades and gave it a different paintjob.

Doesn't look like such a big step forward compared to the Nograde 1/60 Strike Freedom IMO. The PG Strike blows the 1/60 Nograde Strike out of the water.

More articulation, yes, but the last PG seem redundant compared to the MG (specially when Bandai asks $200+ for them) and even the simple 1/60 Nogrades.

Doesn't look like such a big step forward compared to the Nograde 1/60 Strike Freedom IMO. The PG Strike blows the 1/60 Nograde Strike out of the water.

More articulation, yes, but the last PG seem redundant compared to the MG (specially when Bandai asks $200+ for them) and even the simple 1/60 Nogrades.

Sorry man tried reading your comment over and over again I dont get it

I think it's kind of meh, to be honest. To be fair I really dislike the mecha from SEED, especially the Strike freedom, but nothing about this one really says "wow, that's cool." The PG strike actually impressed me enough to make me like it on it's own despite not liking the original design at all, but the the Strike freedom is just doing nothing for me.

Never been a fan of the SEED mecha either. It's one of the things that keeps me out of the show. Though I do have a US Astrey from back when it aired. They just don't appeal to me with their flashy, overarmed and/or angular looks. The Strike maybe, and I like some aspects of the Freedom, (paint and rounded design). The Strike Freedom looks horrid with the needless gold gaudying up an already gaudy suit. Though the photos do prove to me something I'd suspected: she looks a lot better without the stupid wings (though it makes the shoulder armor look long). They're also not bad down, I guess. heck, aside from the head, the frame itself looks better in some ways. Spot on Snail00 about the chest.

Funny thing is that I've considered getting a Freedom if only because I wouldn't be afraid to use it as a testbed for sharpening my painting techniques. Though it'd probably work better just to get some cheaper models than just MG.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Sigh....

In the Astro Plan thread I said that the original thing Chinese know how to do... is to deny

"Officials at Floraland theme park denied the statue's existence on Monday. This goes against earlier claims that the statue was an original design - despite the prominent "EFSF" and "WB" logos on its shoulders (standing for "Earth Federation Space Force" and "White Base," respectively). Of course, it also goes against all photographic evidence, but who's counting?"

Need I say more.

TO keep the thread from derailing I got the MG and PG Red Frame from Astray for Christmas

Family Guy or American Dad should do a skit. Peter and Louis are visiting China and see the Gundam statue and say hey its the gundam statue then there is a party member guarding the statue that responds no its not. Peter shows his gundam model, Party members response No its not. Peter here look I have the original DVD see its a gundam, Party member; no its not. The peter punches him in the face and turns to louis run~!

Edited by Snail00

Peter only Builds MGs.

Thanks for the links to Dalong. It's just such a crazy design...the behemouth sword/bow-and-arrow...I dunno...I guess it makes sense in space... I also don't really know if I like the chicken-leg design...although it is agile...

I dunno...we'll see...still haven't made up my mind. It is impressive...but just a tad bit too "super robot" - which essentially isn't a problem on principle, since I like super robots...but I expect realism from Gundams...and this guy is just a bit too "out there"..but...I dunno...

Oh - and I kind of get the impression that - speaking in TF lingo - this Gundam has too much kibble.

Pete

The RG Char looks great - but I have to admit that the RG RX-78-2 looks too "real" - that is...not anime accurate enough. I love my version 2.0 MG because it looks just like the Gundam in the original MSG anime - for better or for worse :-)

Pete

Had fun with a Christmas Build...

IMG_0454.JPG

Edited by VFTF1

Now with the new PGs coming out from bandai, as well as new MGs that rival the quality of bandai's old PGs, I went back through some old pictures of unreleased gundam models and came across two that I really liked:

4102869330_dcce25206a_m.jpg

4102112479_cec9de0c5d_m.jpg

I really don't know why Bandai decided to skip the sword and launcher striker pack series for the PG strike, as they even took the time to construct a mechanism for which to attach the packs to the model. Many also know that the PG strike is one of the best (both in quality and actual numbers sold) PGs to date, with a lot of people even spending the extra money to buy an Aile strike pack for the gundam.

I guess the gist of this message is that instead of making random remakes of the strike frame to really milk the mold, create the remaining striker packs to further improve the already tried and true actual strike PG model, and there really is a lot of product potential here, as can be inferred by the Aile Strike's relative success.

Oh well....guess i'll just have to find someone who can scratch - build these packs for the strike based on the pictures.... :(

The RG Char looks great - but I have to admit that the RG RX-78-2 looks too "real" - that is...not anime accurate enough. I love my version 2.0 MG because it looks just like the Gundam in the original MSG anime - for better or for worse :-)

Pete

Dammit, Pete - did you really need to quote all of those images?!? :angry:

The sword and launcher packs suck. both of them look terrible.

:unsure:

Well, I guess it all comes down to a matter of opinion really. I personally like the look of the sword and launcher packs a lot more than the look of the bare strike and/or with the aile pack. Personally, I think they look a lot more coherent, and do present a nice change to gundam design previously seen (two beam sabers, standard rifle, shield, and ridiculous (in some cases) backpacks).

And beyond just the look of them though, I really like the "practicality" (if that word can be used here) of these two packs relative to the ridiculous aile strike armament. I just feel that the sword and launcher packs just make more sense than the aile pack does. But then again, we are talking about giant combat capable robots so....... ;)

All in all, guess it just comes down to personal taste.....but I would assume there would be a lot of people out there who would appreciate having the sword and launcher packs for the PG strike if not for the look of the packs themselves, at least for a complete armament set for the Strike :p

I wasn't overly impressed by the PG Strike to be honest, after building the PG Mk-II Titans the Strike seemed like a big MG kit...

PGMKII02.jpg

PGMKIIStrike02.jpg

PGMKIIStrike01.jpg

PGMk-II.jpg

Not that it will ever happen but I wish Bandai would do a PG Macross kit - the 1/72 scale kits are too small & fiddly to be transformation friendly imo...

To me they look tacked on and awkward; like they didn't even try to make them match up with the base mobile suit. The Impulse Gundam does the exact same thing but much better:

zgmf-x56sb.jpgzgmf-x56sy.jpg

The Green one looks like ass.

But I really like the Strike attachments. I have my PG SF on its way along with the red frame. I think the weakest of the PGs are Zeta and OO Raiser

DSC04729.jpg

DSC04728.jpg

DSC04727.jpg

DSC04725.jpg