Yeah, I really like the look and design feel of the ReZEL. It feels like its supposed to be an actual all purpose machine built for combat rather than some uber

crazy main character gimmick filled gundam that we have seen before. I really hope we'll be able to see a PG ReZEL sometime in the future. I think, based on

the great quality of the mg, that a new transforming PG could really boost the line.

as cool as that would be it will never happen. The only things that ever get made into perfect grades are the Ridiculous, Overpowered hero gundam's because those are the one's that sell (the only reason we got a is because Char pilots one). background and mass production mecha aren't nearly popular enough to make commercially successful PG's.

:edit:

on the subject of ReZEL, just a little build progress.

5150077581_6073092df7.jpg

IMG_0906 by anime52k8@sbcglobal.net, on Flickr

If we ever get a PG from gundam UC, it'll be the Unicorn since it's the hero mech. But seeing how Bandai would rather continue milking the hell out of strike gundams inner frame rather than do something new I doubt that will happen.

Edited by anime52k8

If we ever get a PG from gundam UC, it'll be the Unicorn since it's the hero mech. But seeing how Bandai would rather continue milking the hell out of strike gundams inner frame rather than do something new I doubt that will happen.

Yeah, I get the fact that hero gundams sell, but it would be great to have a non main character mech be translated to a PG. And yeah, I really wish Bandai would

stop milking the strike frame. With the strike freedom, this is going to be the THIRD reiteration of the strike (excluding repaints and limited versions). I understand the fact that the strike frame is one of the best there is, but Bandai should focus on making a better new frame rather than using the same old strike frame. In all seriousness, I am really tired of the same old "bend to move outer plates and expose inner joint" stuff that the strike frame features.

I really miss the old mechanical feel of the PGs, like in the mk II and GP - 02.

Lastly, one would think that a ReZEl would be marketable considering the fact that it has a fairly interesting gimmick (transformation), a relatively important character does pilot one (Riddhe Marcenas), and it has the potential to sell considering it is one of the most featured mechs in Unicorn, which seems to be quite popular right now.

Char was as much of a main character as Amuro, so it made sense to make a PG of his Zaku II.

Yeah, but Archer was commenting on a non-main character PGs. Nothing more non-main character than the PG MS-06F Zaku II, i.e the cannon fodder version.

Yeah, but Archer was commenting on a non-main character PGs. Nothing more non-main character than the PG MS-06F Zaku II, i.e the cannon fodder version.

Yeah, I guess you got me. I did overlook the zaku II, so I guess I should edit my statement. It would be great to have a non - main character (I consider char a main character), non - repaint, new PG.

And by that, I mean something along the lines of a gm variant or a ReZEL, or even the Delta Plus. I would LOVE a new transforming PG. I dunno, but I kind of felt that the PG zeta was a let down.

but the Cannon fodder Zaku only get's made because it's exactly the same as Char's Zaku only molded in green plastic instead of pink.

You don't see cannon fodder Mobile suits that require unique tooling.

BTW, I'm making an offical prodiction right now: the next 3 PG's will be (in no particular order) 00 quanta, Astrey Gold frame, and Destiny gundam.

also, does anyone else think it would be cool if they released a Musha MkII version of the PG RX-178? I would totally buy that.

but the Cannon fodder Zaku only get's made because it's exactly the same as Char's Zaku only molded in green plastic instead of pink.

You don't see cannon fodder Mobile suits that require unique tooling.

BTW, I'm making an offical prodiction right now: the next 3 PG's will be (in no particular order) 00 quanta, Astrey Gold frame, and Destiny gundam.

also, does anyone else think it would be cool if they released a Musha MkII version of the PG RX-178? I would totally buy that.

Not quite. The backpack is different, and so are the back of the legs. But it is 95% recycled from the Char's Zaku II PG. It was made because it was a cheap retool. That and it's a Zaku. There's tons of variants in the MG line...

Not quite. The backpack is different, and so are the back of the legs. But it is 95% recycled from the Char's Zaku II PG. It was made because it was a cheap retool. That and it's a Zaku. There's tons of variants in the MG line...

In my opinion I think Bandai will be branching out into other non hero mecha PGs.

Evangelion was turned into a PG....and the Szabi was too iconic NOT to do as PG. It only makes sense to make Strike Freedom as PG as they can use the Strike frame as a base. I am actually hoping they make more seed PGs especially Infinite Justice. It may be a while but I think within a year or two may start to see the frequency of PGs pick up and see an introduction of Non-Hero Gundams turned into PG. Maybe we even get some Macross Frontier PG kits! WOuldnt that be sweet

In my opinion I think Bandai will be branching out into other non hero mecha PGs.

Evangelion was turned into a PG....and the Szabi was too iconic NOT to do as PG. It only makes sense to make Strike Freedom as PG as they can use the Strike frame as a base. I am actually hoping they make more seed PGs especially Infinite Justice. It may be a while but I think within a year or two may start to see the frequency of PGs pick up and see an introduction of Non-Hero Gundams turned into PG. Maybe we even get some Macross Frontier PG kits! WOuldnt that be sweet

why would they? The PG EVA-01 came out in '97 and the PG Zaku II's came out in '99. Since then how many Non-lead gundam PG's have been released? (hint: ZERO).

I Highly doubt there's going to be any change in Bandai's current trend of releasing 1~2 PG's a year (including strait re-decos) and like I said earlier, the PG's we will be seeing in the near future are in all likelihood going to be lead gundams based on the strike and 00 frames.

As for a PG Sazabi... A 1/60 scale Sazabi would be almost 17 inches tall (2 inches taller than the 1/48 mega size Gundam). Considering how much more the MG Sazabi costs than the MG strike freedom (despite being 6 years older) and how much the PG Strike freedom is going to cost (despite being the 5th release to use recycled parts from the PG strike Gundam) A PG Sazabi would easily be ¥30,000~¥35,000 before shipping (which itself would probably been close to $100).

I guess my only hope now for a PG ReZEL is for a company like g system to convert the PG zeta to a ReZEL.

People do say the inner frames are similar, but i don't know enough to confirm that.....

On a side note, I do think that the next 3 PGs will be

1) 00 Quanta simply because the new movie came out AND the 00 raiser's inner frame can just be recycled

2) Hi - Nu because of the fact that there is a LOT of demand for it (well, i hope so at least) and it is Amuro's last hoorah

3) Something from unicorn cuz its inevitable. I just hope that its NOT the Unicorn and something else (ReZEL!! or Delta Plus)

Lastly, this new kit from g - system looks quite amazing:

1-72-nz-666-nov-2010-chi-600px.jpg

Edited by Archer

I guess my only hope now for a PG ReZEL is for a company like g system to convert the PG zeta to a ReZEL.

People do say the inner frames are similar, but i don't know enough to confirm that.....

On a side note, I do think that the next 3 PGs will be

1) 00 Quanta simply because the new movie came out AND the 00 raiser's inner frame can just be recycled

2) Hi - Nu because of the fact that there is a LOT of demand for it (well, i hope so at least) and it is Amuro's last hoorah

3) Something from unicorn cuz its inevitable. I just hope that its NOT the Unicorn and something else (ReZEL!! or Delta Plus)

If Bandai makes a PG of the Delta Plus, I'd fall over backwards from shock. That would be massively cool, but it would be strange if the first (if any) PG from Unicorn is not the Unicorn itself. If they do make more, it'll probably be the Sinanju (which would be awesome) or the Banshee so they can milk the mold from the Unicorn.

Now that I'm thinking about it, why isn't there a PG of the Nu Gundam? I'd of thought that would've been made before the Strike Freedom.

Now that I'm thinking about it, why isn't there a PG of the Nu Gundam? I'd of thought that would've been made before the Strike Freedom.

The Strike Freedom is getting made first because it's the most popular Gundam amongst fans in Japan. Also PG strike Freedom recycles parts From the PG strike, so less work/costs for bandai.

then there's issue that the Nu Gundam is huge compared to previous gundams that have gotten the PG treatment. between the greater tooling/materials cost and the increast Development costs of being a new kit from the ground up, a PG Nu gundam would most likely end up being extremely expensive (30,000~35,000 yen+). without existing tooling to cut development costs, no recently aired series to drive sales, and with a potentially prohibitively expensive retail price It's unlikely that a PG Nu Gundam would be profitable for bandai.

The Strike Freedom is getting made first because it's the most popular Gundam amongst fans in Japan. Also PG strike Freedom recycles parts From the PG strike, so less work/costs for bandai.

then there's issue that the Nu Gundam is huge compared to previous gundams that have gotten the PG treatment. between the greater tooling/materials cost and the increast Development costs of being a new kit from the ground up, a PG Nu gundam would most likely end up being extremely expensive (30,000~35,000 yen+). without existing tooling to cut development costs, no recently aired series to drive sales, and with a potentially prohibitively expensive retail price It's unlikely that a PG Nu Gundam would be profitable for bandai.

I really hope, at least, that this will be the last re-tooling of the PG strike. Bandai really ought to get on with it and make something better.

Over the past 6 years, we have seen about 5 releases of the PG strike and variants (strike, rouge, astray, clear armor, and now the strike freedom).

I am quite literally annoyed by it. Lets please go back to UC gundams. Maybe its just me.....

It isn't just you, I'm tired of Strike variants and stuff from Seed. The only exception is the Red Astray which I really like. I'd still like Wing to get some more love, but the original suits or their mid series upgrades (though I'd take and MG Talgeese III). Endless Waltz was nice, but I'm tired of them only using those designs or offshoots of them. Give me a PG Deathscythe. Hell go back and revisit G-Gundam again for kits.

Can someone on this thread describe how much better / cooler the conversion pieces are over the ones they're replacing in the MG kit?

A lot of the B-Club conversions take the frame of common kit such as the GM and allow you to build versions / variants there are no kits for. They also add features of one line to another line such as putting MG features on HG kits and visa versa. "Better / cooler" is subjective really and seeing as B-Club is owned by Bandai I think it's a bit of a take. They charge you and arm and a leg for the resin conversion when they could have made the kit in plastic and in all likelihood the damn thing will come out in a few years in MG or HG form anyway. Also a lot of the so called conversions are only new hands.

Hey guys,

just wondering.....what are your guys' opinions on the PG GP-01(fb)? I haven't got one, but was wondering if it was worth it.

I have heard lots of different perspectives on the kit. Some say that it is one of, if not, the best PG out there, while others say that

everyone should stay clear of the the kit.

Any ideas?

Hey guys,

just wondering.....what are your guys' opinions on the PG GP-01(fb)? I haven't got one, but was wondering if it was worth it.

I have heard lots of different perspectives on the kit. Some say that it is one of, if not, the best PG out there, while others say that

everyone should stay clear of the the kit.

Any ideas?

I think next to the MK -II its the best out there, but I dont have Red Frame so I cant say with certainty

so the three best are

strike

mk-II and Gp-01

I hope they make the MG Avalanche

and Boo on Bandai for not adding the extra sword for the QanT

what extra sword? the big ugly thing from Hobby Japan that's big and ugly and made up entirely so Hobby Japan would have some exclusive to sell with their magazine?

anyways...

After watching the Gundam Unicorn trailer and looking up which MS's show up in the Novel, I'm wondering if bandai's going to re-release a bunch of old kits in sleeves form? I'm hopping the answers yes.

also, just a random thought: Bandai should totally do a 7 swords version of their PG 00 gundam.

The NZ-666 is just amazing. I love how it combines the best parts of pretty much all the Zeon/evil MS.

Is there any indication of a MG of the NZ-666 in the future? Maybe one of those Japanese polls of wanted MS?

The G-system one has one heck of a price and all I find in 1/100 scale are also expensive resin kts. The HGUC looks nice but fot that size I would get a Robot damashii one (if they ever make one...).

Can always go papercraft or... or doll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SulWraESw7Q&feature=recentlik

is AmiAmi a good store to buy from? I noticed their prices are better than HLJ but I have never used them. Have any of you. Whats their shipping like to Canada

I've found one of the best places to get GunPla from is HW Japan. Bandai kits are ALWAYS at least 20% off and most times are 30 or more off. Their web site is a bit flakey but if you know the name of the kit their search engine works fine and as they say, look up the details on a better web site then order from us. A bit cheeky but it works for me :p The site is run by model kit company Aoshima and they have a bit more flexible mailing options in that they use normal SAL and don't force you to use EMS once the package size goes over SAL small parcel like HLJ and few other sites do. Sorry if this is OT but I've been using them a couple of years now and they dump all over HLJ and any other site I've used. One other thing, they also give you reward points so every so often you can pick up a free HGUC kit (or whatever takes your fancy) :)

is AmiAmi a good store to buy from? I noticed their prices are better than HLJ but I have never used them. Have any of you. Whats their shipping like to Canada

AmiAmi's good except that they tend to use oversized shipping boxes with way to much packing material so you end up putting a big chunk of what you saved over HLJ right back into the shipping charge.

For Gunpla, I shop from Hobbywave.com

They have slightly higher list prices (although now that the dollar-to-yen rate is so bad it's not that much of a difference) and fewer sales, but they have really cheap flat-rate shipping ($12 to the continental US and $20 to canada) so as long as you order a bunch of stuff at once, they tend to be the cheapest.

Also they're in North America and use FedEx so stuff get's delivered fast. Also they have surprisingly good stock for a US based hobby shop.

AmiAmi's good except that they tend to use oversized shipping boxes with way to much packing material so you end up putting a big chunk of what you saved over HLJ right back into the shipping charge.

For Gunpla, I shop from Hobbywave.com

They have slightly higher list prices (although now that the dollar-to-yen rate is so bad it's not that much of a difference) and fewer sales, but they have really cheap flat-rate shipping ($12 to the continental US and $20 to canada) so as long as you order a bunch of stuff at once, they tend to be the cheapest.

Also they're in North America and use FedEx so stuff get's delivered fast. Also they have surprisingly good stock for a US based hobby shop.

Thank you. I am checking out HobbyWave as we speak. I like HLJ but as of late the HLJ Logo plastered on all corners of the box really tips off customs and our tax rate here is 13 percent but I dont know why they charge like 23% to 30% actually its pretty arbitrary. I really dont care for their logo as the box goes into the blue bin the second I open it. Second they over pack and place small items in huge boxes. I made a complaint when I ordered an A3 size Tamiya Cutting Mat, tweezers, and some gundam panel markers. They were boxed in a HUGE box. I took a picture, sent an email and asked them about it. Customer service is soso. The order desk folks are pretty friendly and accommodating but other departments such as parts are not so customer oriented. And I have bought some more items from them during the sales and apparently they moved to a US based pricing plan but I recently purchased a Sale Item and even with the US based Pricing and a EMS discount the pricing with Ebay sellers still endend 3 to 6 dollars cheaper but when I have to pay in YEN rather than in US the price sky rockets!(since my home currency is CDN) SO I am looking at replacing my regular purchases with HLJ and BBTS.

As for Gunpla

G-System is just dam awesome. But I am not good at painting entire kits. I am sure I could learn how to do it, but with raising two kids, and entering into separation procedures with my wife I dont have the time nor the desire to pay so much needed attention to these kits. I am waiting and hoping Bandai will make a MG Kyshatria It would be a good complement to my MG The 0 and MG Ex-S. G-system should really start thinking about making color molded kits

G000-m-195.JPG

Thank you. I am checking out HobbyWave as we speak. I like HLJ but as of late the HLJ Logo plastered on all corners of the box really tips off customs and our tax rate here is 13 percent but I dont know why they charge like 23% to 30% actually its pretty arbitrary. I really dont care for their logo as the box goes into the blue bin the second I open it. Second they over pack and place small items in huge boxes. I made a complaint when I ordered an A3 size Tamiya Cutting Mat, tweezers, and some gundam panel markers. They were boxed in a HUGE box. I took a picture, sent an email and asked them about it. Customer service is soso. The order desk folks are pretty friendly and accommodating but other departments such as parts are not so customer oriented. And I have bought some more items from them during the sales and apparently they moved to a US based pricing plan but I recently purchased a Sale Item and even with the US based Pricing and a EMS discount the pricing with Ebay sellers still endend 3 to 6 dollars cheaper but when I have to pay in YEN rather than in US the price sky rockets!(since my home currency is CDN) SO I am looking at replacing my regular purchases with HLJ and BBTS.

As for Gunpla

G-System is just dam awesome. But I am not good at painting entire kits. I am sure I could learn how to do it, but with raising two kids, and entering into separation procedures with my wife I dont have the time nor the desire to pay so much needed attention to these kits. I am waiting and hoping Bandai will make a MG Kyshatria It would be a good complement to my MG The 0 and MG Ex-S. G-system should really start thinking about making color molded kits

G000-m-195.JPG

G - System already does color molded models though. Their 1/60 GP-04 series, as well as the gigantic 1/35 Ex-S (the new version) are all color molded. Even the new 1/72 kshatriya will be color molded. All one really has to do is to do simply clean up procedures and maybe a top coat on the finished model to have a decent looking resin kit.

They do look a LOT better with fully painted features though.

Look at these links if your interested:

http://www.g-system-shop.com/product_info.php?scale_id=11&products_id=119

http://www.g-system-shop.com/product_info.php?scale_id=11&products_id=124

http://www.g-system-shop.com/product_info.php?scale_id=9&products_id=110

G - System already does color molded models though. Their 1/60 GP-04 series, as well as the gigantic 1/35 Ex-S (the new version) are all color molded. Even the new 1/72 kshatriya will be color molded. All one really has to do is to do simply clean up procedures and maybe a top coat on the finished model to have a decent looking resin kit.

They do look a LOT better with fully painted features though.

Look at these links if your interested:

http://www.g-system-shop.com/product_info.php?scale_id=11&products_id=119

http://www.g-system-shop.com/product_info.php?scale_id=11&products_id=124

http://www.g-system-shop.com/product_info.php?scale_id=9&products_id=110

There's no way I'd pay $400++ for a kit and not paint it, colour molded or not.

There's no way I'd pay $400++ for a kit and not paint it, colour molded or not.

seconded, although I don't think I'd spend $400++ on a resin gundam kit. :D

TBH, I've never really liked most G-system and Neo Grade kits. I just don't like the design style these two companies go for. I prefer the more animation-esque look of Bandai kits to the hyper-detailed/highly stylized look that most Resin conversion kits go for.

Speaking of resin conversion kits, I've got a new project to work on... :D

post-4286-12905723069_thumb.jpg