seconded, although I don't think I'd spend $400++ on a resin gundam kit. :D

TBH, I've never really liked most G-system and Neo Grade kits. I just don't like the design style these two companies go for. I prefer the more animation-esque look of Bandai kits to the hyper-detailed/highly stylized look that most Resin conversion kits go for.

Speaking of resin conversion kits, I've got a new project to work on... :D

post-4286-12905723069_thumb.jpg

I didnt check the prices on this things wow 400 bucks eh! With Shipping and the exchange rate the thing would cost me around 600 bucks. Thats a bit much for a kit even colored. I mean with the GFFMC which require no assembly they are still a fair price. I know production wise there is many runs which brings up the price point. Hopefully they become enough of mainstream that it will become an affordable alternative to MG and PG. I although like the design style of these kits because it takes it from a realistic perspective with all the real detail of a mech like that ie thrusters, vacuum hosing, fuel lines, data ports and inner mechanics. Its just simply an extra step in detail from the MGs and PGs.

Here are my real wants in terms of MGs/PGs

MG

Kystria maybe making 1/120 scale since at 1/100 it would be huge.

Hy-Cogg-ugly mech but yet appealing????

Asshimar

Stark Jegan

Hi-Zack

Palace Athene

Methuss

Gaplant TR-5 Hrairoo

Fullarmor Gundam 7th

Geara Zulu

Geara Doga

Loto

Geara Zulu Angelo Saufer

Delta Plus

Some of the mechs above are just stupid not to move forward to MG'fication. I know, I know they are not "Hero" Gundam's But unlike many there are a lot of Hero mechs I just cant stand. The mechs above are very nice to look at and could use some of the more sophisticated engineering in the MG line. I know I have to wait for a while for any of these to be made, cause we have all of the Wing Hero gundams on the way of course all of the 00 Movie line which im really not enthralled by. As for PGs its a crap shoot and I think I agree with members here that we will probably get more recycled versions of the Seed frames and 00 Gundams.

Come on give me some of the evil guys man! A sinanju would be nice!

Edited by Snail00

Is this 1/100th Doga kit for real?

The site has good stuff but seems fishy...

http://www.sabuyjaishop.com/shop/Hobbyshop/SMS_1100_MSN03_JADGDOGA_Full_Kit_TEM-000078-EN-pdtdetail.html

The one thing about SMS Resin Kits is because they are so heavy parts break easy. Its nothing more than a Pretty statue. Posablilty is near 0. Then you have the headache of priming painting priming some more than decaling than top coating. If you can stand to do it SMS is great. If you want to know more here is a review of the SMS 1/100 Kystria review

I didnt check the prices on this things wow 400 bucks eh! With Shipping and the exchange rate the thing would cost me around 600 bucks. Thats a bit much for a kit even colored. I mean with the GFFMC which require no assembly they are still a fair price. I know production wise there is many runs which brings up the price point.

The G-system Kshatriya is 600 bucks because it's 1/72 scale and f*ucking huge. it's also made of solid resin and full of metal parts (machined aluminum too instead of cheaper cast zinc). I do think the added mechanical detail is cool and all, but I'm just not a fan of the considerable artistic liberties these companies take. I know a lot of people like the embellished look, but I prefer my gunpla to fallow the lineart.

Hopefully they become enough of mainstream that it will become an affordable alternative to MG and PG.

That's not going to happen. The people who make these resin kits don't want to make affordable alternative's to MG/PG's. The moment they start making a product that directly competes with what bandai is selling, they're going to get sued into oblivion.

as for future MG's; at least we can look forward to some good stuff from unicorn. You just know that we'll be getting an MG Delta Plus in time for episode 3, and probebly a Geara-zulu sometime soon (they've got 4 variants they can make of it, 1 of which is a main antagonist.).

personally, I'm just looking farward to a Delta plus and hopefully an Anksha:

ras-96.jpg

I just love transforming UC mecha. ^_^

As for PGs its a crap shoot and I think I agree with members here that we will probably get more recycled versions of the Seed frames and 00 Gundams.

Come on give me some of the evil guys man! A sinanju would be nice!

really, I'm completely ignoring PG's unless something amazing get's announced; and even then I'd still not end up getting it. I really dig my PG RX-78GP01, but I really don't have the space for a whole collection of guy's that big, and the price form PG's are getting outrageous.

MG's are just right size wise for me and I comparing the most recent MG's I've built to what I've seen of the most recent PG's, I'm quite content with the engineering and complexity of the 1/100 kits.

Is this 1/100th Doga kit for real?

The site has good stuff but seems fishy...

http://www.sabuyjaishop.com/shop/Hobbyshop/SMS_1100_MSN03_JADGDOGA_Full_Kit_TEM-000078-EN-pdtdetail.html

I don't know about the site itself as I've never shopped there, but the Jadg-Doga kit is for real. It's an SMS kit, so it's based off of another companies conversion kit, which they've remodeled and created a dedicated inner frame for.

SMS kit's tend to be of fairly high quality, cleanly cast and fairly good part fit.

one thing to be aware of is that Resin on resin joints will tend to loosen over time (fairly quickly actually). You can the best fix for this is lining the joints with styrene, but that require some scratch building skills.

basically resin kit is going to be much more like building a traditional model.

Um isn't that what modelling is all about :huh::unsure:

apparently not any more :rolleyes:

Please allow me to present my humble attempt at a Mega Gundam using those headache inducing techniques such as painting, decaling & top coating ;)

post-3605-129067961772_thumb.jpg post-3605-129067968825_thumb.jpg post-3605-129067975535_thumb.jpg post-3605-129067983077_thumb.jpg post-3605-129067989679_thumb.jpg post-3605-129067996154_thumb.jpg

The kit is really not much more than an oversized HG model. While making it I dragged out a HG RX-78 kit I had and started to build it just to see how similar they are. While I was doing that my RG RX-78 arrived so I started that as well. I then thought let's do a comparison of all the different kits so with a dredge through the cupboard and an order with HW Japan I now have 8 more RX-78's on the go :wacko: 1 original 1/144, 1 FG 1/144, 1 HGUC, 1 HGUC 30th Anniversary (done that in real type colours), 1 RG, 1 MG v1 (also in real type colours), 1 One Year War MG v1.5 & 1 MG v2. I've got 4 to go and once I've finished I'll post some comparison photos.

Thanks. It's surprising the difference a bit of paint and the extra markings make. Out of the box this thing looks terrible. No contrast on the miles of white plastic, quite boring in fact.

As a whole I think Bandai missed the boat with this kit. They could have done so much with it but didn't although if they had then they wouldn't be able to milk the ever suffering Gundam modelling community with a version 1.5 then version 2 :rolleyes: . I hope the Zaku is a bit better.

Please allow me to present my humble attempt at a Mega Gundam using those headache inducing techniques such as painting, decaling & top coating ;)

post-3605-129067961772_thumb.jpg post-3605-129067968825_thumb.jpg post-3605-129067975535_thumb.jpg post-3605-129067983077_thumb.jpg post-3605-129067989679_thumb.jpg post-3605-129067996154_thumb.jpg

very nice. My Recent attempt:

5207784036_3db75fd5b8_z.jpg5207188343_cf95478461_z.jpg5207188839_2af204b4d5_z.jpg5207785618_f8534874f4_z.jpg

RGZ-95 ReZEL (complete) 1, RGZ-95 ReZEL (complete) 2, RGZ-95 ReZEL (complete) 3, RGZ-95 ReZEL (complete) 4 by anime52k8@sbcglobal.net, on Flickr

Edited by anime52k8

wow

on both i just dont think i would want to try to attempt that for a 70 dollar kit I would cry if I ruined it with a bad paint job. The decal application is AMAZING. I just finished my MG Wing Ka and I hated the decals

Anyone here ever bought a mint-in-box gunpla then find out that there is a part with factory defect inside? It happened to my MG OO Qan[T]. A very important part, the v-fin. I wish I live in Japan so I can get a replacement :(. You can see it here(sorry for bad photos, got no good camera).

Anyone here ever bought a mint-in-box gunpla then find out that there is a part with factory defect inside? It happened to my MG OO Qan[T]. A very important part, the v-fin. I wish I live in Japan so I can get a replacement :(. You can see it here(sorry for bad photos, got no good camera).

You CAN get free replacement parts form bandai (sort of.)

You can send an email with a picture of the defective part asking about a replacement here: bandaiactionkit@bandai.co.jp

and they'll reply asking for info on the part you need, then they'll send you out the part.

this works under too conditions though: (from the email they sent me)

1. We accept free replacement for any defection or missing parts if it occurred in our production line or during the transportation. We need to see a picture of broken parts or a sprew that has missing parts in the unwrapped plastic bags when you ask for a replacement.

2. We also accept a replacement for broken parts or missing parts which occurred under customer's responsibility. This replacement will be done free of charge but it will be only one time deal.

So basically, If you find a defective/missing part still in the plastic bags, they'll replace it free of charge every time. They'll replace parts that where broken/lost by you, but they'll only do up to 4 parts 1 time.

unfortunately for you, They'll probably replace the V-fin under option 2 since you took the part off the runners and built the kit. (you should always check the runners of the kits against the instructions before you take them out of the bag.

unfortunately for you, They'll probably replace the V-fin under option 2 since you took the part off the runners and built the kit. (you should always check the runners of the kits against the instructions before you take them out of the bag.

Actually, he does fall under condition one. He does have a picture of the part still on its runner and in the unsealed plastic bag. The defect is definitely visible in that picture.

I wish I knew about this when I got my PG Hi-Nu. It wasn't a big deal, but my kit was missing the clear parts used to give the fin-funnels the illusion that they're flying.

You CAN get free replacement parts form bandai (sort of.)

You can send an email with a picture of the defective part asking about a replacement here: bandaiactionkit@bandai.co.jp

and they'll reply asking for info on the part you need, then they'll send you out the part.

this works under too conditions though: (from the email they sent me)

So basically, If you find a defective/missing part still in the plastic bags, they'll replace it free of charge every time. They'll replace parts that where broken/lost by you, but they'll only do up to 4 parts 1 time.

Actually, he does fall under condition one. He does have a picture of the part still on its runner and in the unsealed plastic bag. The defect is definitely visible in that picture.

I wish I knew about this when I got my PG Hi-Nu. It wasn't a big deal, but my kit was missing the clear parts used to give the fin-funnels the illusion that they're flying.

Thanks, I'll try it! I didn't realize something wrong when I open the box and check the runners for the first time. From the front it's almost unnoticeable; but when I'm about to snip the v-fin, it's visible. Fortunately, one of unboxing photos I took has said part visible. I can make that as evidence; although I wish I used better camera if I knew that photo will be important.

wow

on both i just dont think i would want to try to attempt that for a 70 dollar kit I would cry if I ruined it with a bad paint job. The decal application is AMAZING. I just finished my MG Wing Ka and I hated the decals

What the hell! Where did you get those decals?

anyway

Saw this and instantly ordered mine from HLJ

rg02_87.jpg

rg02_90.jpg

rg02_64.jpg

rg02_63.jpg

rg02_62.jpg

rg02_59.jpg

rg02_58.jpg

rg02_01.jpg

What the hell! Where did you get those decals?

anyway

Saw this and instantly ordered mine from HLJ

I got them from here:

http://samueldecal.com/

The decals looked great but they're VERY delicate. Dot the decal film but the actual printing. The carrier film is just as thick and robust as Bandai film but the ink doesn't stay adhered as well, especially after using decal setting solution. The ink would just flake off the carrier film if you rubbed it. I actually had to remove all the decals from the chest because the printing got messed up. :(

I've read that you can seal printed decals by spraying the whole sheet with a clear lacquer before you cut them out and apply them. I'll be sure to give that a try next time I want to do custom decals.

I got them from here:

The decals looked great but they're VERY delicate. Dot the decal film but the actual printing. The carrier film is just as thick and robust as Bandai film but the ink doesn't stay adhered as well, especially after using decal setting solution. The ink would just flake off the carrier film if you rubbed it. I actually had to remove all the decals from the chest because the printing got messed up. :(

I've read that you can seal printed decals by spraying the whole sheet with a clear lacquer before you cut them out and apply them. I'll be sure to give that a try next time I want to do custom decals.

I'm waiting for my first set of decals from Samuel decal. I figured he sprayed them before he sent them out. To me, that should be part of the decal making process. Bummer it's not. I imagine there are some lacquers that work and some that could ruin the decals. Hopefully I don't choose one of the latter.

I'm waiting for my first set of decals from Samuel decal. I figured he sprayed them before he sent them out. To me, that should be part of the decal making process. Bummer it's not. I imagine there are some lacquers that work and some that could ruin the decals. Hopefully I don't choose one of the latter.

I sprayed my kit with Tamiya TS-80 lacquer and the applied decals where fine, so I think it should be fine spraying that directly onto the decal sheet.

I got them from here:

Thanks im going to buy some from there

My 1/100 Rare! Koto. Wildwurger came in before my 1/100 also rare Koto Alteisen so I started on it first. And Wow if you like MG gunpla I think this is a close first for Koto. I dont like too many of the designs from the SRW genre but the two I have are awesome in every way. Hopefully they make a 1/100 cyblaster

This kit is essentially armored and non armored. You have the option of going back and forth

DSC04703.jpg

DSC04699.jpg

DSC04698.jpg

DSC04697.jpg

Hey Renaud Get out of my way!

DSC04692.jpg

Armored coming shortly

@anime52k8... ordered a bunch of decals from that guy you bought yours from. Did you have to pay him first without an invoice or did he send you an invoice?

And who here is getting the PG S. Freedom?

Just waiting for someone to give their feedback. I wont make the same mistake twice as I did with the Double 0 R.

It looks good but I am a little skeptical

Edited by Snail00

@anime52k8... ordered a bunch of decals from that guy you bought yours from. Did you have to pay him first without an invoice or did he send you an invoice?

I sent him an email with the decals I wanted and after a few days he sent me an invoice with the total+shipping and his paypal info.

Can I get some translation help please? I came across some stick on decals in a Dengeki Hobby magazine for the MG RX-78 v2. It has different sets for normal, real & G3. I used their stickers on the mega Gundam I pictured earlier and they turned out pretty good (not as good as water slide but hey they were free ;) )

As I'm doing a MG real type version I thought I'd use these instead of buying Bandai's waterslide set. What I need to know is in the scan of the page below where it has POINT and shows them dipping the sticker into a dish of liquid, is that just water or do they refer to something else. I know they are doing it to allow the sticker to be positioned correctly but is it just plain water they are using. Thanks.

I've also put this in the What's on your workbench thread so hopefully someone can explain it for me.

As I'm doing a MG real type version I thought I'd use these instead of buying Bandai's waterslide set. What I need to know is in the scan of the page below where it has POINT and shows them dipping the sticker into a dish of liquid, is that just water or do they refer to something else. I know they are doing it to allow the sticker to be positioned correctly but is it just plain water they are using. Thanks.

I've also put this in the What's on your workbench thread so hopefully someone can explain it for me.

Just plain water. The technique works well with Bandai stickers (such as those that come with the VF-25 kits) as well.

Continuing on with my RX-78 frenzy I've now finished 3 1/144 variants.

Firstly the standard HGUC that comes in the GunPla starter set.

post-3605-129203420449_thumb.jpg

Secondly the 30th Anniversary kit. This has a few differences to the HGUC kit. The size of various bits is the most obvious, followed by all the panel detail to allow you to paint it up similar to the real size one. I painted it in Real Type colours, using the MG Real Type G-Armor kit as a guide.

post-3605-129203450688_thumb.jpg

Thirdly the Real Grade kit. I must say from the get go that I HATE this kit. Sure it's full of innovative ideas but the damn thing is so fiddly and falls apart at the slightest touch :rolleyes: I had to glue the fingers on the gun hand in place as the kept popping out of their hole every time you moved the arm. The seams come apart on some parts of the legs and arms when you move them too far, twist the head too much and off it pops, etc etc etc. It's nice for those that don't paint that there are different coloured panels but it just adds to the overall complexity of the thing. The stickers are pre-cut to fit into the area of the model they are supposed to go which is great as long as they stay stuck. Looking back I should have used the water slide set I had. The one glaring thing about it is the size difference between it and the other 2 kits. Geez they are all supposed to be 1/144 scale so why is that each time a new kit comes out the size of just about every damn thing changes :wacko: Anyway enough of the rant.

post-3605-129203508948_thumb.jpg

Here's some shots of them side by side.

post-3605-129203516379_thumb.jpg

And one with big brother.

post-3605-129203549704_thumb.jpg

I've got an original 1/144 and an FG on the go and boy is there a huge difference between them and the HG era. They will take a bit of time as everything needs to be painted on them. I've also just about finished the 3 MG kits (V1, V1.5 & V2) and will probably get an original 1/100 kit to compare as well.

Just plain water. The technique works well with Bandai stickers (such as those that come with the VF-25 kits) as well.

Thanks

Edited by thegunny

Dalong has his pictorial review of the PG S. Freedom

It doesn't look to bad but it reminds me a lot of the MG version. Nothing too special that it stand out.

Anyway check it out and let me know if you think its worth the purchase

There are still some refinements to do, but I just took a shot of this sleek guy

5268871918_266491ec25_z.jpg 5268872032_5dfa5ce82d_z.jpg

Very nice and sleek. :D

What do u call it?

I couldn't envision it looking good when you said you wanted an exia/wing hybrid months ago....but boy you made me eat my words. Thumbs up!