I have gotten significantly closer when I saw the GROUND WAR sets; both the Zaku with those awesome tanks and the Gundam with the hover tanks...very very cool idea... But I'm betting those 1/144 soldiers need paint, eh?

Pete

Even 1/100 MG pilot figures still need painting...

Regarding MG Nu, I have one. It's not a bad building experience compared to Sazabi, I like the size and heft (DIECAST included!). But there's one big flaw that really hard to fix: proportion. That oversized head is just awful. Combine that with undersized shoulder armor. Not cool.

HM - the "big head" thing seems to be a staple of the 70s aesthetic - I like it. I get bothered by the puny heads on SEED combined with over-bulked proportions.. :-) I certainly like the big heads on my MSG original RX-78-2 and Guncannon :-)

Pete

That's probably the intention. But they later fixed the proportion on HGUC version. One thing to note, the lineart inside manual book was drawn by Katoki Hajime, not Yutaka Izubuchi (the original designer) if that means something. Anyway, MG Nu is pretty old, nothing really fancy, but I like those diecast parts.

Yeah, MG Sazabi is a disaster...with 8000 Yen price tag (more for extra finish version).

I dont think its such a disaster. It has a lot of things going for it. Sure its not posable but its an older MG. I like the look of it a lot. It has a decent amount of inner frame. Great detailing and design features all in all its not that bad

Even 1/100 MG pilot figures still need painting...

Regarding MG Nu, I have one. It's not a bad building experience compared to Sazabi, I like the size and heft (DIECAST included!). But there's one big flaw that really hard to fix: proportion. That oversized head is just awful. Combine that with undersized shoulder armor. Not cool.

the Nu gundams proprtions are off but they're not nearly as bad as Sazabi's. I think it's just a factor of when they came out. A lot of the early MG's (before about 2001) had poor proportions. I think it was that they where just starting to use CAD to design kits and they hadn't quite figured out how to translate the drawn designs into 3D using a computer program yet.

Be that as it may, I'm still gonna build the MG Nu. I like the design and want to - an HGUC Nu would be kind of pointless - no way to interact with my other Gundams or VF-100s :-)

Pete

Yes there is. It could be the baby Nu that has just come out of the factory and has not fully grown. The others could bully it mercilessly until it runs away from home. It then comes back when it's grown up (using the MG version) and massacres them all. :ph34r::blink::wacko:

Edited by thegunny

Hi everybody, sorry to interrupt. With around 3 gunpla built under my belt I cannot consider myself a serious fan, but anyway, Gundam UC got my attention as of late, and browsing the shops looking at the countless gunpla boxes I realized there is one terminology I cannot understand and could not find the definition of:

"Real Type Color"

Of course I know exactly what the three words mean, but don't know the story behind, and if this is related to an alternate look for the Mobile Suits in-universe or is it only some alternative livery for the Gunpla, a la "Version KA" (or am I wrong?).

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to share his/her knowledge.

Hi everybody, sorry to interrupt. With around 3 gunpla built under my belt I cannot consider myself a serious fan, but anyway, Gundam UC got my attention as of late, and browsing the shops looking at the countless gunpla boxes I realized there is one terminology I cannot understand and could not find the definition of:

"Real Type Color"

Of course I know exactly what the three words mean, but don't know the story behind, and if this is related to an alternate look for the Mobile Suits in-universe or is it only some alternative livery for the Gunpla, a la "Version KA" (or am I wrong?).

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to share his/her knowledge.

RTC is the color the original series designers wanted and Bandai wanted funky colors to appeal the chogokin style of the time and they thought it would sell. Nothing to do with version Ka. Version Ka sometimes has Katoki's own design aesthetic and usually involves a billion decals

RTC is the color the original series designers wanted and Bandai wanted funky colors to appeal the chogokin style of the time and they thought it would sell. Nothing to do with version Ka. Version Ka sometimes has Katoki's own design aesthetic and usually involves a billion decals

Thanks, that finally answers my question. Yeah, I know a thing or two about Ver. KA.

Finally finished my foray into RX-78 madness. 3 MG kits to go with the HG's & the Mega.

First up the original MG. I've painted this up in Real Type colours and knocked it around a bit.

post-3605-129622032051_thumb.jpg

Secondly a V1.5 One Year War version. Panel lined and bit of touch up here and there.

post-3605-129622047198_thumb.jpg

Thirdly a V2. Straight out of the box with a light grey panel line and matte finish.

post-3605-12962205658_thumb.jpg

From a modelling point of view I thought the V1.5 was the best of the bunch closely followed by the V1. They had plenty of detail to work with. Whilst the V2 might be infinitely more posable it is way too plain (although anime accurate) for my liking and as they are models not toys I won't be changing their poses too often.

Here's a shot of them together

post-3605-1296220989_thumb.jpg

and with the Mega then the whole gang in for a group shot.

post-3605-129622102799_thumb.jpg

Finally some action shots.

post-3605-129622108918_thumb.jpg

Now off to make 7 Zakus so they have something to beat up on.

Well - I am very happy with my version 2.0 - I picked him exactly for the reason you mention - he's anime accurate. Yes - that means he's pretty plane - but that's what he's supposed to look like :-) I had the RX-78-2 KA.. but... eghads... it looked nothing like Gundam! :-)

Pete

Yaaaaaa WOOOHOOOO almost finished

Man I thought I could break my PG Building record of 12 hours. No way with this puppy. I still have the wings. BUT this is BY far a PG gundam well worth the money. Not after building the Strike have I been so pleased and fun in building the unit slowly. The head is fantastic!!!! Really well thought out. I also liked they went back to the old finger build design. I wasnt to fond of the red frame hand build. Did I say the head build was awesome. The legs are a great build. You can see the design elements from the strike but it was different enough for me to have fun. Unlike the red frame where it felt you just added more armor "meat" the upper thighs and knees but was the same build as the strike. The body was awesome too. I didnt get that cheap plastic feeling like I did with the 00 Raiser where there were more armor parts than frame. I will post better pics after I finish it with the decals and panel lining. WHooHOoo this was fun.

Also some pics of my first MG Figurese. I am not into Kamen Rider but it looked cool enough to display with my hot toys War Machine. Now I cant wait for my HGUC Dendrobium

photo-2.jpg

photo2.jpg

d.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

aww, I can't find WFC cliffjumper anywhere. :(

anyways, do post about the kamen rider when you finish. I really wan't to pick up skull, but I'd like to here what the figure-rise line is like first.

ban966794_1.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

The japanese release or the US release? The targets around here are overflowing with him at the moment.

Last time I checked they had plenty of bumblebees but no cliffjumpers. I'll need to take another look I guess.

I have that too. I built it last year during a break up I was going through, I built 6!! PGs within like 2 or 3 weeks during this time. As cool as it was I transformed it and left it in Wave Rider mode the entire time. It's a good kit, but honestly the MG 2.0 is better and except for the shield is a true perfect transformation, the PG kit you have to take of the wings. But it's a good buy, I do recommend it.

Well this was 18hour plus project.

Very satisfying and far from complete. The decals on the Dragoons need to be added. The mechanisms for the wings are time consuming.

Overall a great PG if I had to rate the 00 Raiser and SF and 5 being the best I would give the PG SF a 4 and 00 raiser a 2.5

post-12470-129649590457_thumb.jpg

post-12470-129649595313_thumb.jpg

post-12470-129649596617_thumb.jpg

post-12470-129649597679_thumb.jpg

post-12470-129649624028_thumb.jpg

Edited by Snail00