In Gundam Wing Duo starts off with the Deathscythe and then ends up with the Deathscythe Hell after the refit. The screen I provided is from a flashback where Duo tries to blow up the Deathscythe but the Dr who created it tells him to steal and be the god of death instead. That would put that scene at the beginning of Duo's career as it's pilot.

So, if EW follows the same path as the series, that would make that Deathscythe in the pic the "non-hell" version since that particular moment happened way before the refit.

It's still the Hell version though (the hell wasn't a refit in the show, it was a completely new robot produced after trowa blows up the original DS. There are actually a lot of differences between the two besides the obvious cloak/wings) I mentioned that in my post, Endless waltz uses the mid season upgrade gundams throughout the movie; even during the flashback scenes where they should be different.

when Trowa and Quatre have flashbacks, the Heavyarms kai and Sandrock Kai are shown even though they should be the regular versions.

So either the events leading up to the movie are different form what happens in the show, or the people making the movie got lazy and didn't bother to use different designs for the flashbacks.

I'm personally inclined to believe the latter.

Limited ed. Gundam 1/35 special coating version ver. ANA

This model kit is only available to ANA airline customers.

03slkj.jpg

Metallic blue looks really nice. I wish I could get one.

... that actually looks pretty slick. I've never flown ANA but the colors look nice on the Gundam. Macross Frontier had to make do with a super-market chain for its VF100 VF-25 :huh: .

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a SD Unicorn kit back in April and I finally got around to building it when I had a rather nice idea: Buy florescent paint to brighten the colors of the pyscommu frame pieces and the eyes and V Fin. So I spent 23 dollars and I got a rather decent result. I need to hold the black light a little closer to get everything in show, but it'll all show up on the right angle.

post-600-127882212724_thumb.jpg

post-600-12788221355_thumb.jpg

I bought a SD Unicorn kit back in April and I finally got around to building it when I had a rather nice idea: Buy florescent paint to brighten the colors of the pyscommu frame pieces and the eyes and V Fin. So I spent 23 dollars and I got a rather decent result. I need to hold the black light a little closer to get everything in show, but it'll all show up on the right angle.

hey that's pretty wicked. :ph34r:

Do the psychommu parts remain transluscent in normal light?

Ok, Now I'm really finished with this one. do to poor prep-work on my part and the fact that Testors Dullcote is junk in terms of durability the clear coat I put down before started flaking off badly, so I decided to start over and do a proper paint job. I stripped the old paint off, wet sanded all the parts with 600 grit sandpaper, then primed and sprayed the whole kit with Tamiya TS-8 Italian Red. finally I redid all the decals with Bandai water-slides and sealed everything in Tamiya TS-80 flat clear. also I sprayed the inside of the thrusters with tamiya flat yellow acrylic for contrast, and sprayed the beam saber blades with Testors Model master turn signal ember enamel (it's a semi-clear orange with a little bit of metal flake in it, I sprayed the parts so they have a gradient from very opaque orange near the base to almost nothing at the tip. The metal flake doesn't show up in pictures but the effect is great in person.)

Click here or on any picture to view the slide show (from unpainted to finished)

4781469135_58042e337f_z.jpg

4782107650_5d0b192601.jpg

4782104506_280c9877c8.jpg

I just wanted to show off a little mod I did as well. I didn't like the little claw attachment for the shield, it barely stays attached and it gouges into paint on the arm, so I decided to take some magnets originally intended for a VF-25 kit and used them to make a peg-less, clamp-less and mark-less connection for the shield.

the shield bracket (made from epoxy glue) is a little rough but as is the inside of the arm armor because I didn't decide to do this until after the rest of the kit was 100% finished. I got lazy and decided to call it good enough. ^_^

4782107068_dda8e6b934_m.jpg

4782107192_b7b630c4f3_m.jpg

4782107306_f375b03fb0_m.jpg

Nice job anime52k8 and also thanks for making my work in progress on my own sinanju look like crap. So far the dry transfer decals has been a nightmare on the curves. :wacko: How did you get your gold trim to look so even? Mine look decent for hand painted but that clean look on yours looks sweet.

Nice job anime52k8 and also thanks for making my work in progress on my own sinanju look like crap. So far the dry transfer decals has been a nightmare on the curves. :wacko: How did you get your gold trim to look so even? Mine look decent for hand painted but that clean look on yours looks sweet.

yeah, I generally like dry transfers better than water-slides as they're less tedious to apply (doing the full sheet of dry transfers took about 6~8 hours, doing only the water-slides on the armor (no red decals and no weapon decals) took closer to 16 hours. :wacko: ) but it's a hell of a lot easier to apply water-slides to complex shapes like the leg thrusters.

For the gold trim, I just used a Gundam marker and a very fine tip brush to hand apply the gold. then I went in with a black Gundam marker (the fine tip one for panel lining) to cover up any stray gold.

What really makes it look clean and even though is that I sealed the parts with two wet coats of future from an airbrush. ^_^

Despite all the mixed reviews online, I went and picked up the HG 1/144 Susanowo Trans-Am Mode, as my 00 Raiser Gundam Trans-Am Mode was lonely on my display shelf. As with all of the Trans-Am kits, painting is almost unnecessary due to the sweet metallic finish (which is also a PITA to match on paint). In place of the black and white colors of the regular version, this kit is molded in Black Cherry metallic and pinkish white, while the gray parts have a glossy/metallic appearance.

Yes, this model has a lot of mad poseability, a bunch of nifty gimmicks and some sweet blades, but because its design is heavily based on the Union Flag, it carries the Flag's inherent ball-joint problems. Hip and arm joints are extremely loose that they pop off at the slightest pose. The best remedy so far is to coat a layer of paint on the polycaps.

If you want all of the working gimmicks and a figure that doesn't fall apart, save up a few extra bucks and get the Robot Damashii version. Otherwise, if you have a lot of patience, this kit is just for you.

Question: Anyone know if there's a possibility of getting replacement parts for a PG 00-Raiser?

The yellow head-horns on mine snapped off, and I sincerely doubt I'm good enough with super-glue to make a fix without making the model look like utter crap.

Edited by Robelwell202

Question: Anyone know if there's a possibility of getting replacement parts for a PG 00-Raiser?

The yellow head-horns on mine snapped off, and I sincerely doubt I'm good enough with super-glue to make a fix without making the model look like utter crap.

HLJ sells replacement parts

I swear the fates don't want me to complete my Sinanju. First the hands brake on me (stupid me for assembling them wrong), then an unfortunate accident allowed for the waist peg to snap off now I come to realize that painting the gold trim would of been a lot neater and sexier looking if I only used my gold gundam marker instead of hand brushing everything with tamiya gold flake. :angry: Now I'm stuck here waiting for replacement parts and a very strong urge to buy another kit and start over.

does anyone know if the LED's from the 1/100 High Grade 00 gundam will work inside the GN drive of the Master Grade Exia? I bought the regular MG Exia but I didn't know that the LED lights only come with the Ignition mode release. *facepalm*

I'm hopping I can just pick up a 00 Gundam and stick the lights from that into my Exia kit.

Edited by anime52k8

Question about the MG V- Dash

What is the difference between

this

MG 1/100 Model Kits V Core Booster Ver Ka

and

MG 1/100 Model - V Dash Gundam Ver. Ka

It seems it comes with the core booster?? But pics show it as all gray while the core booster on its own shows it as molded in color???

Can someone tell me whats up with these kits??

Thanks

Question about the MG V- Dash

What is the difference between

this

MG 1/100 Model Kits V Core Booster Ver Ka

and

MG 1/100 Model - V Dash Gundam Ver. Ka

It seems it comes with the core booster?? But pics show it as all gray while the core booster on its own shows it as molded in color???

Can someone tell me whats up with these kits??

Thanks

the V Dash gundam comes with the gundam and the V core booster comes with just a core fighter. the Dash pack is the same for both. the gray pictures are old and showing wrong colored test shots.

Be it ever so humble, there's nothing like Victory Gundam.

qyd1tz.jpg

Pete

From one Peter to another. Whats your take on the MG V. Is it sturdy. Some the reviews I have seen on youtube seems its floopy and has a poor build quality.

I don't think it has poor build quality. It's not floppy, but certainly the wings on the Core Fighters don't stay on when folded down, and this is a pain in the butt when trying to put the core fighter into the main body - but generally everything fits together smoothely and very well. The fingers are not articulated; rather - like HG kits - you get lots of different hand attachments (closed fist, open fist, trigger finger fists). The thumb is articulated. But I think the lack of fingur articulation is due to the size - it's 1/100 - but the V Gundam is relatively small compared to all other Gundams - so they just couldn't engineer articulated fingers at the 1/100 scale...

Overall I'm pleased with him. I think the core fighters are both fantastic, and I appreciate how they transform out of the main body, incorprating the head into the transformation.

I dunno...I got V Gundam 'cause it's UC and basically I've decided to get everything from UC. The only non-UC Gundam I have and will be keeping is Turn-A-Gundam...but I consider him UC anyways - he's just kind of post-UC where UC is "dark ages" ... but it's still Gundam proper as far as I'm concerned.

I love the V Gundam design. Very sleek, very 90s... agile... it's ok. It's also relatively easy to build.

Pete