love that infinite

I really like Infinite and so bad, it is the missing RG suit on the Seed Main MS line upe. Still waiting for the RG announcement, whenever is that happening. Here is hoping that it will be included in the hobby event in Japan by May 14. (though it might be released after another UC suit is announced)

Edited by chyll2

Having returned from Japan, I was surprised at how Gunpla flows like water in Tokyo and beyond. For those planning their trip to Japan, here are three of the best places to buy Gunpla, as they cost hundreds of yen less than retail.

1. Yodobashi Camera (several locations in Japan)

2. Gundam Front Tokyo (Diver City Mall, Odaiba)

3. Bandai Asobi (Gotemba Premium Outlets, Shizuoka)

Gotemba Premium Outlets also has the advantage of a perfect view of Mount Fuji.

In addition, there's an ongoing promo with Yodobashi Camera and Bandai Asobi wherein you get a Gundam 00 sticker sheet (your choice of Celestial Being or the three Earth factions) for every Gunpla purchase.

Denial Gundam looks friggin' awesome: http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2015/02/hgbf-1144-denial-gundam-new-images.html

(and you've gotta be a seriously kick-ass Gundam to pull off glitter-purple accessories!)

And I'm betting it comes out 1 day after my HLJ warehouse time maxes out... :(

Having returned from Japan, I was surprised at how Gunpla flows like water in Tokyo and beyond. For those planning their trip to Japan, here are three of the best places to buy Gunpla, as they cost hundreds of yen less than retail.

1. Yodobashi Camera (several locations in Japan)

2. Gundam Front Tokyo (Diver City Mall, Odaiba)

3. Bandai Asobi (Gotemba Premium Outlets, Shizuoka)

Gotemba Premium Outlets also has the advantage of a perfect view of Mount Fuji.

In addition, there's an ongoing promo with Yodobashi Camera and Bandai Asobi wherein you get a Gundam 00 sticker sheet (your choice of Celestial Being or the three Earth factions) for every Gunpla purchase.

Gunpla is pretty much everywhere you go in Japan. The toy section in the department store in Onojo City, Fukuoka, had a pretty impressive collection of Gundam kits. I think they were also priced below what it says on the box.

Just to give an example of how much you save when you shop around, here are some price comparisons:

RG 1/144 00 Raiser

Retail Price: 3,200 yen

Bandai Asobi's Price: 2,562 yen

HGBF 1/144 Sengoku Astray Gundam

Retail Price: 1,800 yen

Yodobashi Camera's Price: 1,350 yen

Guest davidwhangchoi

Just to give an example of how much you save when you shop around, here are some price comparisons:

RG 1/144 00 Raiser

Retail Price: 3,200 yen

Bandai Asobi's Price: 2,562 yen

HGBF 1/144 Sengoku Astray Gundam

Retail Price: 1,800 yen

Yodobashi Camera's Price: 1,350 yen

good prices

Correction on my previous post: Gundam Front Tokyo does not offer discounts on their Gunpla. I double-checked my invoice and they charged me taxes over the retail price.

MG 1/100 RX-78-2 Gundam Ver.3.0 Ver.GFT

Retail Price: 4,500 yen

GFT Price: 4,628 yen

HGUC 1/144 ZII

Retail Price: 2,400 yen

GFT Price: 2,592 yen

So yeah, GFT actually isn't recommended for regular Gunpla shopping, so just stick with Yodobashi Camera or Bandai Asobi instead.

just gonna leave this here....hmhm hmmmmm.

Local hobbytown restocked, I bought a quarter of their stock XD

I really wish I had a local hobby store.

Anyway, let me know what you think of that Hyaku Shiki. I kind of want one, but I'm kind of afraid that the HGUC kit is too dated.

I really wish I had a local hobby store.

Anyway, let me know what you think of that Hyaku Shiki. I kind of want one, but I'm kind of afraid that the HGUC kit is too dated.

Oh gosh it's gonna be dated no doubts about that. I'll be more curious over the differences between it and the Mega-Shiki i got last week. But now I have some 20+ kits in my closet to build.....if I build 1 a week that's almost half a year worth.

Red Frame Astray for RG for me.

Of all the MS to pick from... The other 4 from Wing, the title MS from frome most of the shows from ZZ to G-Reco, any OVA except 0083... and the Red Frame is what's next? I don't understand the obsession with it; I'd rather have had literally any other UC MS, and and any other Gundam from the non-UC shows (with a preference for ones not from SEED, which I feel is over-represented, unless that SEED MS is Infinite Justice, which we should have had by now).

I think Bandai is just catering to their Japanese audience and in that market, SEED is still relevant. One of the most popular SEED MS is the Astray(s). It has so many variants that can be milked which also makes its a better business deal. (Which makes me think why they release the Z'Gok)

Who knows, RG releases so far has a pattern and maybe the next RG will be from U.C. again.

Guest davidwhangchoi

:o what the hell MG RGM-80 GM cannon too! Ugh it's a P-Bandai. David we need to get these!!!

let me see what my guy says B)) no promises :p

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Can someone offer more info on this?

I've always liked the O - and this seems like a good price, with extras.

It uses the same box art as the Bandai release though - is it a knockoff?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MG-PMX-003-The-O-1-100-model-kit-BY-DABAN-MODEL-Metal-Detail-Up-energy-pipes-/321588403132?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae0299bbc

Clearly a KO.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Got a small haul in today, HGBF Mega-Shiki I have a custom idea for, nothing insane just a repaint job and no not a hyaku shiki since a hundred ppl have tried to do it. RX-78-2 3.0 cause well dammit I wanted one. And finally my 00 Raiser RG showed up. Tomorrow my PG RX-78-2 will arrive. I guess May's theme is RX-78 line up.

the rg 78-3 shipped, i sent you a tracking via PM

Can someone offer more info on this?

I've always liked the O - and this seems like a good price, with extras.

It uses the same box art as the Bandai release though - is it a knockoff?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MG-PMX-003-The-O-1-100-model-kit-BY-DABAN-MODEL-Metal-Detail-Up-energy-pipes-/321588403132?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae0299bbc

I call those stress in a bucket. It looks finger licking good but will cause upset stomach, possible diarrhea and heart failure cause it's most likely resin.