I am having second thought on sharing this news but it is a 3rd Party China brand that is copying resin kits and converting them to plastic model.

post-802341-1430560988_thumb_zpst8fxryhl

Hm.....to funky of a design. A guy in my group just got some conversion upgrade parts so he can make a Zabane and Harute that'll be a little more accurate of a design. Pretty sure those resin parts are 3rd party.

I just checked my status on GGInfinite cause they got photos of all their Pale Riders that arrived and I made their first batch cut off.....yet, nothing. I personally think GG is a price gouging crap fest right now.

is this the RX-78-3 RG kit you guys wanted? it's available at genteikits if you still want it. http://www.genteikits.com/rgrx783g

Guest davidwhangchoi

Congrats David!

thanks VF-Zer0S, i hope the alto is treating you well? i just had verizon come in and set up an Ethernet port so i'm online testing it out. i'm hoping to keep up with gundams but i get out pretty late certain days.

what's up gundam brothers in arms. just posting from my new work office :)

Not a gosh darn thing. Nothing to work on until either the RG G3 ships, or unless I treat myself to something on my Amazon wishlist. But I was upgrading some of my computer gear, so I don't really have a lot of money for gunpla right now...

In any case, good luck with the new job, buddy!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Not a gosh darn thing. Nothing to work on until either the RG G3 ships, or unless I treat myself to something on my Amazon wishlist. But I was upgrading some of my computer gear, so I don't really have a lot of money for gunpla right now...

In any case, good luck with the new job, buddy!

thanks mike! i'm trying to get hikuro a g3 but the guy only had one or zero so i'm waiting to hear from him as well. so it's a waiting game for me as well.

what's up gundam brothers in arms. just posting from my new work office :)

Congrats on the new digs, David! Got room for one more? I need a cool change lol

This year? That's a Saturday afternoon for Hikuro. :p

True that!

Great haul, areaseven!

Got a small haul in today, HGBF Mega-Shiki I have a custom idea for, nothing insane just a repaint job and no not a hyaku shiki since a hundred ppl have tried to do it. RX-78-2 3.0 cause well dammit I wanted one. And finally my 00 Raiser RG showed up. Tomorrow my PG RX-78-2 will arrive. I guess May's theme is RX-78 line up.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Tomorrow my PG RX-78-2 will arrive. I guess May's theme is RX-78 line up.

also i found both of us rg 78-3 so that'll be coming in too :)

Hello everyone!

I am a former gunpla and plamo builder. I gave it up years ago because I did not have the time to devote to it. I do still enjoy seeing people's build.

My co-worker has started down the gunpla road a year ago and I have been seeing his progress. He just completed his latest build and ask me to take photos of it. Here is his customized HGBF Zaku Amazing, and yes he installed an LED into the head to light up the mono eye. I take no credit for this build, I am simply the photographer.

17439734865_368e9720d9_b.jpg

Edited by Saburo

Sweet build! Congratulate your buddy for me, Saburo! I want to learn how to put LEDs in my gunpla too! Hahaha! Just got the HG Chars Zaku origin ver, and the tristar zaku from the same line on PO...

Hey now come on! I've been chillin lately. My count is back to 15 XD

C'mon, Hikuro. We kid because we love. And because we're slightly jealous of your ability to crank out a completed kit with enough skill that one might assume it took days in less time than it takes some of us to open the box, check the runners, and look at the booklet.

My co-worker has started down the gunpla road a year ago and I have been seeing his progress. He just completed his latest build and ask me to take photos of it. Here is his customized HGBF Zaku Amazing, and yes he installed an LED into the head to light up the mono eye. I take no credit for this build, I am simply the photographer.

Yeah... he's a lot better at that than I am. :hail:

Nice job on the build and the 1 point techniques he did there. Impressive.

I just went through my PG RX-78-2 box and looking it over. God you can just feel the age coming from this kit since it's the first perfect grade and even the box says "Perfect Grade RX-78-2 Version 1.0" Dear Bandai: It's been 17 years, what's the problem? Less HG and 3.0 bullcrap and more workie on a 2.0 or Origins style. Ooooo PG Origins Gundam with optional equipment thats like being told your diabetic and someone temps you with a colossal delicious looking piece of pizza.

Either case, it DOES show it's age using engineering techniques they don't even bother with anymore in model kits and of course it also utilizes springs.........fing springs!!!!
The neat factor is besides the traditional led gimmick is open hatches which I don't really see me doing anytime soon. I'm not gonna go that far out of stylizing and personalizing to a huge degree like I normally do. Don't wanna muck up a 130 dollar kit. Wow.....130 after spending 300 on the Unicorn.

I don't like the stickers....their contour cutting is blockey and ameaturish compare to what they do now. So I guess I am gonna have to come up with some alternatives.
I saw AM type decals for it that are done up all RG/MG3.0 style. I'm insanely tempted now to get them but it's a month of a wait and I don't like that.

Not entirely gunpla, but thought I'd share my humble collection :D

The empty spot on the top left is reserved for my Nu Ver.Ka which I'm currently in the process of painting etc.

4M4fGuf.jpg

Edited by joppewo

Almost ordered an RG 78. But then I really realized that it was <5" tall. I think 1/144 is just too small for me.

in the words of Michael Jackson "Dats just ignorant" :p

When you take into the specifications of what the 1:1 scale MS is to the model kit, some are rather large even at 1/144. If you wanna talk about small, when the UC Standards of MS design changed into the compact energy conversion hardware and Anaheim was no more and SNRI took over.....I mean WOW those are small suits. I have a few of the F91 line up and when you compare them to the older UC0079-096 suits they're dwarfed. Infact, I'm not satisfied at all with my MG F91 or the HGUC version and wanna toss them out and do them all over again.

But in all talks aside, the RG RX78-2 is a decent sized kit it just has small parts cause it's a miniature Perfect Grade.

Speaking of PG's.......... <_< anyone know where I can get decals for that thing? Again, the stickers it came with are bunk. I wouldn't use them if my life depended on it.

The mg 3.0 looks more like my speed - same level of detail, but a better size. OTOH, I am still considering the RG b/c it'd be easy to actually finish without painting or taking a lot of time.

It would be nice to actually finish something...

Edited by Kelsain

in the words of Michael Jackson "Dats just ignorant" :p

When you take into the specifications of what the 1:1 scale MS is to the model kit, some are rather large even at 1/144. If you wanna talk about small, when the UC Standards of MS design changed into the compact energy conversion hardware and Anaheim was no more and SNRI took over.....I mean WOW those are small suits. I have a few of the F91 line up and when you compare them to the older UC0079-096 suits they're dwarfed. Infact, I'm not satisfied at all with my MG F91 or the HGUC version and wanna toss them out and do them all over again.

But in all talks aside, the RG RX78-2 is a decent sized kit it just has small parts cause it's a miniature Perfect Grade.

Speaking of PG's.......... <_< anyone know where I can get decals for that thing? Again, the stickers it came with are bunk. I wouldn't use them if my life depended on it.

Yeah, the smallest mobile suits (F91, Victory, Crossbone, and oddly enough, the Gundams from Wing) come up to the waist of the tallest average-sized (that is, not stuff like Psyco Gundam or Quin Mantha) mobile suits (Sinanju, Unicorn in Destroy Mode, Nu Gundam). Part of the reason I like having all my mobile suits in the same scale is to appreciate the size differences, and part of the reason I went with 1/144 is because you can fit more of them in a case. And they're cheaper.

Almost ordered an RG 78. But then I really realized that it was <5" tall. I think 1/144 is just too small for me.

Which brings me to my other main reason... I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but the RG line is simply the most bang-for-your-buck line of Gundam plamo kits around. Yes, they're smaller than MG kits, but when fully-stickered I think the RGs actually tend to look better, and going by Amazon's pricing cost almost half as much.

That's the great thing about real grades for me. You get master grade quality work but half the time and less work.

I have some God hand nippers on the way hopefully it cuts my building time in half. My old nippers don't line up anymore and rip plastic instead of cutting.

Funny the 3.0 would be spoken since that's currently my project right now. I got a tad antsy and said yeah why not?

I'm tossing away the foil stickers cause I hate them. Instead I'll be using tamiya's gold leaf which is just as fitting and actually will look nicer. I did make a mistake in the gold joints and had to clean away the rectangular portion that'll be on the front of the elbow joint not a big deal at all!

Color wises I've painted small areas that'll be exposed for the inner mechanical skeletal region with the gold leaf, a tad bit of silver and other junk. I still gotta do the side areas of the vernier rockets gold. The figures are painted. I took my really awesome black gundam marker I've been using so much and just went nuts on the two cockpit figures. With a little alcohol I wiped away the excess amount of liner and began painting. So I got a fairly decent looking set of pilot figures that turned out rather impressive, I like them....tad messy but they'll do nicely.

Something that did bug me though is the core block cockpit seating is entirely molded in the pastel blue. Why this was a good idea? I dunno. A little german gray fixed the seating and console just fine and once I put on a little cockpit green in there I'll pretty much be done.

I do have a set of water slides for this kit I bought back in February but I haven't decided if I'm going to use them or not. Just gotta wait and see. I'll have some photos up when all the paint work is done.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Not entirely gunpla, but thought I'd share my humble collection :D

The empty spot on the top left is reserved for my Nu Ver.Ka which I'm currently in the process of painting etc.

4M4fGuf.jpg

love that infinite

It's those little details.attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

nice painting on the figure :)

justice