Only stands available for gunpla are the bandai action bases you see there. There IS another design that contains the neo zeon emblem but I think was aimed at the sinanju.

Amuros nu gundam comes with a stand to display his funnels too. But there is no custom stand for his sadly.

Well... AGE-1 is done.

post-187-0-28846600-1430272000_thumb.jpg

Remember how I said before that I thought that Unicorn Mode Gundam Unicorn was a pretty simple kit? AGE-1 has three runners, not counting beam saber blades and polycaps. It doesn't have a lot of extras or accessories (two all-purpose fists and one open left hand, two beam saber hilts, two long, blades, two short blades, a shield, and the DODS rifle, nothing else). Everything is build simply and predictably. There are stickers for the eyes, the green sensors on the rifle and the back of its head, the black on the knees, and the black with blue-green glowing A's on the chest and head. Almost everything else is molded in the correct colors, and for a change I was able to build an HG model with almost no paint (all I did was the thruster exhausts in the shoulders and part of the wrist that's molded onto the white parts of the hands). In fact, at times there's almost RG color separation going on, like putting the yellow chest vent part over a gray interior part. Honestly, the way some parts fit, the way the colors are laid out, I'd say it was a safe bet that the AGE-1 was designed with model kits in mind.

You might think that such simplicity would make the kit too easy, but I found it to be rather satisfying. It helps that, say what you will about the show (I really liked the Flit and Asemu arcs, but the whole show fell apart in the Kio arc), the Federation mobile suits in Gundam AGE were actually pretty good designs, and the AGE-1 is no exception. It's evocative enough of the RX-78 without being slavish, or venturing into the oddness of the G-Self or the ridiculousness of some of the SEED MS. What's more, the joints have a fantastic range of motion, allowing you to put the AGE-1 into all kinds of awesome poses, even without an action base.

post-187-0-08612000-1430272328_thumb.jpg

post-187-0-64207400-1430272337_thumb.jpg

post-187-0-61957500-1430272351_thumb.jpg

Plus, with great ankle range and without a giant backpack that's become all-too-common in Gundam, it's pretty easy to keep the AGE-1 balanced. You can even pose it on one foot.

post-187-0-62814700-1430272363_thumb.jpg

If you're looking for a project, you're probably going to want to pick up something a little more complicated. If you're looking for a simple, satisfying kit to kill and afternoon without a lot of fuss, looks cool, and you can play with when you're done, you really can't go wrong with the AGE-1 Normal. I might even check out a few more of the AGE kits now.

I've been looking at images on completed promos for the 00 riser and I wish I could look back at the MG I built but it seems the RG is not correct. The risers wings are suppose to peg into the ports of the GN drives which fuels thru and spreads the particles like an exhaust port.

I think the MG does it, but the RG does not.

I've been looking at images on completed promos for the 00 riser and I wish I could look back at the MG I built but it seems the RG is not correct. The risers wings are suppose to peg into the ports of the GN drives which fuels thru and spreads the particles like an exhaust port.

I think the MG does it, but the RG does not.

Can you illustrate what you mean? Looking photos of the model vs lineart, I'm not seeing a problem.

post-187-0-61695600-1430321542_thumb.jpgpost-187-0-19859700-1430321549_thumb.jpg

EDIT: In all honesty... I'll be getting the RG 00 Raiser, but pretty much only because I'm trying to build the entire RG line. The 00 Raiser is actually my least favorite 00 designs. While I don't have a problem with Exia or the 00 Gundam, I've always thought that a Gundam wearing a plane for a cape is stupid. And, given how small the 00 Gundam's feet are, I'll bet it'll be hard to balance. Something tells me that I might be displaying the 00 Gundam by itself...

Edited by mikeszekely

I could of sworn they plug in thru some port of the GN drive. I know in the anime they do they illustrate it.

Like I said don't got my MG but could of sworn.

I DO KNOW that there are much less color separation bits on the RG than any of the previous kits.

if i am not mistaken, the MG (as well as PG and HG) also does it that way. The Raiser wing do not peg or sit above the GN Drive.

Which is, assuming this is what Hikuro means by ports, entirely consistent with the lineart.

post-187-0-26688000-1430322814_thumb.jpg

Which is, assuming this is what Hikuro means by ports, entirely consistent with the lineart.

attachicon.gif00_Raiser_Rear.jpg

to clear things up, I am confused as well and just saying that almost all of OO raiser model is the same. The raiser wing just peg near the GN drive and does not fully covers or eat up the GN drive. The picture I attached is the MG version and as you can see, it is very similar to RG as well.

to clear things up, I am confused as well and just saying that almost all of OO raiser model is the same. The raiser wing just peg near the GN drive and does not fully covers or eat up the GN drive. The picture I attached is the MG version and as you can see, it is very similar to RG as well.

Yeah, and from what I remember of the anime, there is a beam saber hilt-sized peg on the wing that does plug into the bottom-most port on the GN drives, but not all the ports, nor are the GN drives covered. And the connector itself isn't exactly visible, as it's lost under the GN drives and sandwiched between the drives and the gray part of the 0 Raiser's wings that has the guns.

I hate to say it, because Hikuro's pretty knowledgeable when it comes to Gundam and Gunpla, but I think VF-Zer0S might be right. The 00 Raiser Condenser Type has particle tanks instead of GN drives, and the tanks are rectangular and the same color as the part of the 0 Raiser's wing that it connects to.

post-187-0-20858700-1430330947_thumb.png

so that's means the rg raiser is ok right :unsure:

The ankle armor on the RG looks a little thicker, and the gap between the part of the 0-Raiser that's attached to 00's back and the part that just hangs down seems different (but that could be the way its positioned in the photo I uploaded). Both are minimal stylistic differences that could arise from translating a dynamic animated model to a "real" robot at 1/144 scale, though.

Put another way, yeah, it looks fine to me.

If you are a fan of the Mobile suit design and there is a RG model of it, I'll say, always go for it.

The only problem I have with this is the vent in the face (which has been common to RG). They are too big and wide apart for the scale. There is also a change in proportion if you keep comparing it side by side to MG and HG but I am okay with it as long as it is still good looking.

I used to be a fan of OO raiser until I bought a knock off MG, upon playing it and display around, I noticed how impractical the design is (though it is in the scrap bin now). To get even with Bandai in buying a KO, I Pre-ordered the RG :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hey guys, i copied mike and hikuro and brought a vrabe (gundam build fighters one) and try my hand at a hg kit. I got those little parts from the magazine so i thought to get the actual kit pictured with the little animals. Im starting a new job next week so i dont know if i'll have time to build it but i'm going to try to get on it.

Hey guys, i copied mike and hikuro and brought a vrabe (gundam build fighters one) and try my hand at a hg kit. I got those little parts from the magazine so i thought to get the actual kit pictured with the little animals. Im starting a new job next week so i dont know if i'll have time to build it but i'm going to try to get on it.

I actually never got around the Vrabe. :unsure: I really do like the design and I did mean to... but (and this might sound weird) I kind of prefer models of mobile suits, not models of fictional models based on mobile suits. I kind of got sidetracked when I started focusing on Unicorn models... instead of Vrabe, I did Unicorn (U), Unicorn (D), Sinanju, and Delta Plus. I may still pick of the Vrabe. I need another detolf, which means making the hour drive to IKEA, which means I'll be going to a place that actually sells gunpla, even if the selection is smallish. The last time I was there they had a lot of Build Fighters kits, so I might see a Vrabe there. Otherwise, I'll be looking at ordering more Unicorn kits. Probably the Dreissen or the Silver Bullet.

Anyway... I hope you have fun with it, David. In some ways, they're easier and less intimidating than the RGs. There are fewer miniscule parts (really, fewer parts all around), and they fit together more simply and logically. On the downside, though, depending on how anal you are about accuracy, you're going to find that HGs can be more work in the long run, because they almost always require at least some paint.

Actually you guys......I was right. In the animation the 0 Raiser does have docking ports that feed into the GN Drive.post-600-0-82814700-1430535044_thumb.png This image shows that the Particle tanks of the 0 Raiser are right in place with the GN Drives of the 00.

post-600-0-51707200-1430535050_thumb.png And here we see the docking ports or pistons feeding with the Particle tank of the 0 Raiser and the 00.

Now in space, I can see this working out since weight has no baring everything and anything in zero g weighs absolute zero. Now in gravity that's different and the connection of the docking ports would probably be to stressful and the ports could snap. Then again, scifi, gundam, it could work in it's own universe.

As for the 00 model kits....I was wrong. It clips very closely to the GN Drives using snap in pegs giving the illusion. As a model kit, it has to be done, but in terms of design accuracy it's wrong.

Like I said, I could of sworn I saw it in the animation and it bugged me just a bit. Atleast I found it while it nagged at me the last few days.

Now as for that Vrabe, I enjoyed it, and I did a pretty nice build on mine. Silver and Gold my friend, carry some Silver and gold. Also if you don't wanna use the chrome green stickers, Titanium Silver and clear green amp it up. I'll be adding that when I got more free time.

I spent last 2 days touching up my Titanium custom paint Sinanju. The reverse wash (dunno if I mentioned this) failed. Something with Testors paint just eats away at the gold even the clear coat and I was left with gray primer. I cleaned up what I could and with a fine tip brush and a tooth pick just tried to carefully go over the gold trim again on Acrylic Gold Leaf. I didn't do bad, my hand skills have really improved over the last year and I'm grateful for that indeed.

Right now the remaining parts are being gloss coated and tomorrow I can finally finish this damn kit and move on!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Now as for that Vrabe, I enjoyed it, and I did a pretty nice build on mine. Silver and Gold my friend, carry some Silver and gold. Also if you don't wanna use the chrome green stickers, Titanium Silver and clear green amp it up. I'll be adding that when I got more free time.

ok cool. silver and gold

In a way Hikaru you are right about the ports but Also your wrong about the RG being off.

The RG and MG are fine but seeing this opened my eyes and feel the PG should have done it.

From what I can tell and see from watching the scene is that it connects through the port but it also closes in and secures itself on the GN drive closer to the line art.

The "Wings" then rotate downward and hug closer the the drives.

Nice catch though! It's a detail that should have been in the PG but I guess was too hard to replicate on smaller kits

In a way Hikaru you are right about the ports but Also your wrong about the RG being off.

The RG and MG are fine but seeing this opened my eyes and feel the PG should have done it.

From what I can tell and see from watching the scene is that it connects through the port but it also closes in and secures itself on the GN drive closer to the line art.

The "Wings" then rotate downward and hug closer the the drives.

Nice catch though! It's a detail that should have been in the PG but I guess was too hard to replicate on smaller kits

That's why I said the models weren't right. But you can't exactly make a screen accurate and functional model kit. Bandai and their 1/72 VF-1's proved that.

Titanium Painted sinanju is done. I like it, the only downside was the reverse wash not panning out right so I hand painted all the gold trim. It did mostly come out very well in that regards.

post-600-0-65375200-1430586058_thumb.jpgpost-600-0-79242500-1430586059_thumb.jpg

Sadly the light doesn't really catch the titanium look to it which is a bummer. In person the kit looks great. It's proudly in display and now I must ponder on my next project. Straight build or painted? hm hm hm.

Gah, that's 19 days from now. I'm at day 44 now...

Yeah the 60 day limit never cuts it for me. Also while it is a neat system I never created a shipment and not ended up shipping all the items in my PW. ^_^

hey mike s. did your rg 78-3 pre order ship?

Nope. I haven't had any emails. Since you asked, I logged in and it's still listed as processing.

Sadly the light doesn't really catch the titanium look to it which is a bummer. In person the kit looks great.

I know exactly what you mean.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Nope. I haven't had any emails. Since you asked, I logged in and it's still listed as processing.

i'm thinking about taking the plunge this week for myself and hikuro, if you end up canceling your pre-order let me know.

I just checked my status on GGInfinite cause they got photos of all their Pale Riders that arrived and I made their first batch cut off.....yet, nothing. I personally think GG is a price gouging crap fest right now.