I just started my RG RX-78-2 over lunch. Dang, these pieces are fiddly! Looks like it'll take a couple days to get though the feet at this rate. But this should be a nice, relaxing way to spend the time and give me a sense of productivity. I could probably use a desk lamp, though.

I tell you what, though. The Google Translate app is going to come in REAL handy on this kit. Good call, mikeszekely!

I just started my RG RX-78-2 over lunch. Dang, these pieces are fiddly! Looks like it'll take a couple days to get though the feet at this rate. But this should be a nice, relaxing way to spend the time and give me a sense of productivity. I could probably use a desk lamp, though.

I tell you what, though. The Google Translate app is going to come in REAL handy on this kit. Good call, mikeszekely!

:D

In all seriousness, though, I've built the regular RG Gundam and the RG Casval's Gundam, and I have to tell you that the engineering has improved greatly in the RG line just since that kit. Build whatever interests you, but my personal favorites from the RG line are the Zakus and the Mk-IIs.

managed to pick up a new zeta gundam should arrive sunday and as long as it's blue fin I can order the replacement part from them and make a custom zeta unit with all those left over parts I got.

managed to pick up a new zeta gundam should arrive sunday and as long as it's blue fin I can order the replacement part from them and make a custom zeta unit with all those left over parts I got.

I'll be curious to see what you come up with.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Finished my RG 00 Raiser, next week I'll get the RG Wing and the Full Burnern

20150528_174159_zpsurqjd0fw.jpg

cool but it's blocking the mighty justice gundam

Edited by davidwhangchoi

That's exactly what the RE 100 line is supposed to be. HGUC levels of detail and skill on suits that otherwise wouldn't have made the cut as a MG.

That description is actually a bit lacking, as 1) The Nightingale actually has an inner frame (albeit a hollow one) and 2) The Gundam Mk-III and GP04G Gerbera may not have inner frames, but their level of detail and articulation clearly surpass HGUC levels.

That description is actually a bit lacking, as 1) The Nightingale actually has an inner frame (albeit a hollow one) and 2) The Gundam Mk-III and GP04G Gerbera may not have inner frames, but their level of detail and articulation clearly surpass HGUC levels.

I have a mark 3, but have yet to assemble it so I can't even confirm or deny a frame.

I can confirm I'm doing three projects though! A guy in the group asked me to custom paint his SD phenex a month ago so I'm finally getting that set up. While that's going I've got parts cleaned and trimmed and washed on my custom paint sazabi hg basically just doing the same thing as the sinanju job.

Finally I'm starting work on my PG rx-78-2. All I've done though is just painted the two cockpit figures which came out decent, and missile pods on the core fighter which I admit I don't like so will probably repaint.

Well, I've got both feet and a leg of my RG 78 done. I'm keeping it simple, since I'm building this at my desk during lunch. No paint, just using a pencil to panel line.

So far, I'm having some issues with gate marks. I guess I'm just used to painting over these. I'm snipping with side cutters, then following up with a fresh Xacto blade. Slicing, not chopping. Still, I get the little white stress lines. I also almost broke the leg frame at the shin, as the knee joints war so tight.

The 2015 edition of the Gundam encylopedia is due to be released end of June: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4048650963?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

If I'm not mistaken this copy will contain everything (colour & visual settings, description, line-art) till G-Reco, GBF TRY and The Origin I.

This could come in handy for planning colour schemes / modifications etc.

Otherwise, it's a solid material for any gundam fan :)

Time for a little show-and-tell. This is the 1/144 GFT Gunpla Factory RX-78-2 Gundam. It's sold exclusively at Gundam Front Tokyo at Diver City Tokyo Mall in Odaiba, Tokyo for 500 yen (you get the head parts runner for free if you pay 1,200 yen for a ticket to the Dome-G theater and Gunpla Museum.

What you essentially get is an updated version of the FG 1/144 RX-78-2 Gundam, color molded and ready to assemble with no need for nippers. You also get an unpainted and unassembled box. For 30 minutes, you can hang out at the Gunpla workshop and use their Copic markers (sadly, they didn't have gray) to color the box cover and double-sided tape to assemble the two halves.

I'm not gonna assemble this Gunpla not only because it's too freakin' basic, but because it's a rare souvenir item that you won't find in stores.

post-237-0-75962000-1433348002_thumb.jpg post-237-0-59741700-1433348015_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-38792800-1433348029_thumb.jpg post-237-0-60017000-1433348040_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-87394300-1433347956_thumb.jpg post-237-0-03726200-1433347975_thumb.jpg

post-237-0-25157700-1433347993_thumb.jpg

Really hadn't gotten to far into this old bird. But this is as far as I got on building my PG rx782 kit. Both pilot figures are painted, cockpit console and instruments were detailed and rear main engine nozzles were detailed. So yeah it's a nice core fighter. I need to get my core fighters assembled so I can show the scaling.

post-600-0-52997200-1433437158_thumb.jpg

Put a paypal claim on there, that's what I had to do.

I didn't pay with Paypal, nor did I order from GG Infinite. I ordered from Gundam Planet, and they already told me that an issue with their distributor meant it wouldn't ship until June, so it's not technically late, either.

I didn't pay with Paypal, nor did I order from GG Infinite. I ordered from Gundam Planet, and they already told me that an issue with their distributor meant it wouldn't ship until June, so it's not technically late, either.

Ah well yeah if they didn't get it in yet then that's a totally different scenario whereas GG got theirs and was just lazy as kaka about it.

I worked on my PG RX-78-2 a bit today, I finished the right arm and I had a bit of a odd thing happen. The middle finger is incredibly loose on it, like floppity then falls off. Kind of bummed as it's not the first time that's happened to me on a PG kit. I remember my Zaku did this too at one point several years ago.

But hey it's been progress! And yesterday I picked up a MG Delta Plus cause we all know I like transformable mobile suits. So even if it's kind of lacking in areas I'm still gonna enjoy it over the simple fact it's not a Gundam.

But hey it's been progress! And yesterday I picked up a MG Delta Plus cause we all know I like transformable mobile suits. So even if it's kind of lacking in areas I'm still gonna enjoy it over the simple fact it's not a Gundam.

I'll be curious how that Delta Plus turns out, since the HGUC version was one of the last models I built.

Ugh... it's been so long since I've built a gunpla. With the baby on the way and a ton of recent expenses, I've been trying to put off buying a kit. But if my RG G3 doesn't ship soon, I might have to buy something. Probably the Revive Guntank.

Hikuro, I'm also curious to see how your Delta Plus turns out, having bought a MG copy recently. Of the variable suits, I think it has one of the better waverider modes. I also bought a Methuss, which is one of my favorite Gundam designs...there's just something about it that strikes me as really cool, just not the color.