Well, Gundam Planet responded promptly, so I guess that puts them one up on GG Infinite.

I guess their distribute told them they'd get some in May, but then changed it to June, so I have to wait a few more weeks.

Of course, now I'm imagining that Gundam Planet's distribute is David's guy, and the reason Gundam Planet (and I) didn't get one in May is because he sent them to David and Hikuro instead...

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well, Gundam Planet responded promptly, so I guess that puts them one up on GG Infinite.

I guess their distribute told them they'd get some in May, but then changed it to June, so I have to wait a few more weeks.

Of course, now I'm imagining that Gundam Planet's distribute is David's guy, and the reason Gundam Planet (and I) didn't get one in May is because he sent them to David and Hikuro instead...

hahaha

Well I did promise to show these off to you guys.

post-600-0-91610700-1432441716_thumb.jpg So here's the last of the May meet ups, we had roughly 11 people I think including myself come to Guardian Games in portland. Place was just slammed cause there was a big magic tournament. They kept trying to hound our space and we'd kinda tell 'em to F off.

post-600-0-43100800-1432441734_thumb.jpg

post-600-0-88417200-1432441749_thumb.jpg This guy Chris brought a Robotech/Battletech model kit from way back in the days. He's got some lofty goals on it, wished him the best. Sounds like he knows what he's up too as he had the whole thing planned and diagramed! Crazy stuff!

post-600-0-87428100-1432441769_thumb.jpg

post-600-0-14236800-1432441781_thumb.jpg Our illustrious leader Travis building an Advanced Hazel.

Only thing not photoed was me and my work on the Zeta Unit 3. I surprisingly got a lot done despite all the distractions!

so far, out of the RE/100 (released and announced), only the nightingale is a disappointment for me.

I wonder how much of that is just because Nightingale is just a crappy mobile suit to begin with? I mean, Sazabi was already too bulky for my tastes, and not good "bulky because I got a ton of weapons" like S Gundam or the GP02, no, Sazabi is "don't you think you've had enough donuts?" bulky. You get Sazabi fit, you get an awesome mobile suit like Sinanju. But if Sazabi keeps letting itself go, pretty soon it's so fat it can't walk anymore. Then you got Nightingale.

I think the Sazabi is what it is mainly because of Zeon pride. Nearly all Zeon-designed mobile suits are hefty and bulky, mostly because of thicker armor plates. They don't take kindly to "skinny" mobile suits like the Gundam or the GM, which is probably one of the reasons why the Gyan never made it past the prototype stage (that and the silly "knight in shining armor" look).

I think the Sazabi is what it is mainly because of Zeon pride. Nearly all Zeon-designed mobile suits are hefty and bulky, mostly because of thicker armor plates. They don't take kindly to "skinny" mobile suits like the Gundam or the GM, which is probably one of the reasons why the Gyan never made it past the prototype stage (that and the silly "knight in shining armor" look).

Often that's true, but in my opinion other mobile suits pull off the thicker look better (like the Zaku III or the Dreissen). Sazabi's legs are a little too thick, and the arms a little too small.

But Zeon has their share of more... proportional mobile suits, like the Geara Zulu, Bawoo, or R-Jarja. Even stuff like the Zaku II, while being bulkier than your average Feddie suit, has more even proportions than Sazabi's "30% of my mass is my feet" look.

Just finished assembling my RG 00 Raiser and preparing it for panel lining and stickers. Yes, I've seen the line art, but are the feet supposed to be tiny?

Depends on what other feet you're comparing to, but I'll say yes. Compared to the Mk II, Zeta, or any of the numerous SEED MS in the RG line, Exia and 00 have smaller feet.

I was thinking in comparison to the HG 00 kit.

Ooh, that I don't know. While I've been into Gundam for years, I only seriously got into gunpla a little before the RG Exia was released, and I started with the RG line, so I never touched an HG 00. Actually, aside from a pair of Endless Waltz kits from the late '90s and two from Build Fighters, all my non-RG kits are UC.

Ooh, that I don't know. While I've been into Gundam for years, I only seriously got into gunpla a little before the RG Exia was released, and I started with the RG line, so I never touched an HG 00. Actually, aside from a pair of Endless Waltz kits from the late '90s and two from Build Fighters, all my non-RG kits are UC.

HG 00 was a huge improvement over HG SEED, as many of the kits featured double-jointed elbows and knees, shoulder swivels, and the universal hip peg joints. These features would later on be carried over to HGUC and other HG 1/144 lines.

If you were to pick up a few HG 00 kits, here are the ones I recommend:

1. 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G - Awesome armament for an awesome Gunpla

2. O Gundam (Type ACD) - Excellent modern take on the RX-78-2 Gundam

3. 00 Raiser + GN Sword III - Best displayed with the Seven Sword/G armament added

4. 1.5 Gundam - Sleeker, less problematic version of the Reborns Gundam

5. 00 Qan[T] - Quirky asymmetry, but without the inherent weight problems of the MG kit

You're probably wondering why I didn't include the Exia (or its numerous variants) on this list. Mind you, it's not a bad kit, but the engineering differences between it and the other kits mentioned above are tremendous. For a Gundam that specializes in close-range combat, the Exia is surprisingly lacking in a bit of articulation, with its single-jointed elbows. I was already disappointed that the Gunpla couldn't do the fencing pose from the first opening sequence. Maybe I set my hopes too high when I picked up the O Gundam as my first 00 kit.

Just finished assembling my RG 00 Raiser and preparing it for panel lining and stickers. Yes, I've seen the line art, but are the feet supposed to be tiny?

20150525_152815_zps0io4onbn.jpg

It seems you and me were doing the same thing today

Ill disassemble mine to paint the inner frame gunmetal and add some color separation

HG 00 was a huge improvement over HG SEED, as many of the kits featured double-jointed elbows and knees, shoulder swivels, and the universal hip peg joints. These features would later on be carried over to HGUC and other HG 1/144 lines.

If you were to pick up a few HG 00 kits, here are the ones I recommend:

1. 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G - Awesome armament for an awesome Gunpla

2. O Gundam (Type ACD) - Excellent modern take on the RX-78-2 Gundam

3. 00 Raiser + GN Sword III - Best displayed with the Seven Sword/G armament added

4. 1.5 Gundam - Sleeker, less problematic version of the Reborns Gundam

5. 00 Qan[T] - Quirky asymmetry, but without the inherent weight problems of the MG kit

You're probably wondering why I didn't include the Exia (or its numerous variants) on this list. Mind you, it's not a bad kit, but the engineering differences between it and the other kits mentioned above are tremendous. For a Gundam that specializes in close-range combat, the Exia is surprisingly lacking in a bit of articulation, with its single-jointed elbows. I was already disappointed that the Gunpla couldn't do the fencing pose from the first opening sequence. Maybe I set my hopes too high when I picked up the O Gundam as my first 00 kit.

I appreciate the advice, but 00 Gundam never resonated with me. When I decided to really get into gunpla, I decided to build the entire RG line (although I've yet to pick up 00 Raiser), and my forays into HG have mostly been to add mobile suits that I liked but aren't represented in RG (but retain the same scale). And I guess I'm something of a UC purist, because I've got a Gouf Custom, a Zaku I Black Tri Stars, a regular Zaku II, Shin Matsunaga's Zaku II, Nu Gundam, GM Sniper II, Victory, V2, F91, Crossbone Gundam X1, Unicorn (both Unicorn mode and Destroy mode), Delta Plus, Psyco Gundam, and Sinanju (my personal favorite). My non-UC HGs consist of Crossbone Maoh, Sengoku Astray, Deathscythe Hell, AGE-1 Normal, Turn A, and G-Self. Out of those, I'll probably give the Sengoku Astray to a friend when the RG Red Frame comes out, ditto for the D-Hell if/when Bandai revisits Wing Zero's frame like they said they were going to.

My love for UC is such that I've even got a few P-Bandai RGs (Casval's Gundam, Zeta 3, and Gundam G3 is on the way), and I'll probably get the P-Bandai HG Crossbone Gundam X2.

I appreciate the advice, but 00 Gundam never resonated with me. When I decided to really get into gunpla, I decided to build the entire RG line (although I've yet to pick up 00 Raiser), and my forays into HG have mostly been to add mobile suits that I liked but aren't represented in RG (but retain the same scale). And I guess I'm something of a UC purist, because I've got a Gouf Custom, a Zaku I Black Tri Stars, a regular Zaku II, Shin Matsunaga's Zaku II, Nu Gundam, GM Sniper II, Victory, V2, F91, Crossbone Gundam X1, Unicorn (both Unicorn mode and Destroy mode), Delta Plus, Psyco Gundam, and Sinanju (my personal favorite). My non-UC HGs consist of Crossbone Maoh, Sengoku Astray, Deathscythe Hell, AGE-1 Normal, Turn A, and G-Self. Out of those, I'll probably give the Sengoku Astray to a friend when the RG Red Frame comes out, ditto for the D-Hell if/when Bandai revisits Wing Zero's frame like they said they were going to.

My love for UC is such that I've even got a few P-Bandai RGs (Casval's Gundam, Zeta 3, and Gundam G3 is on the way), and I'll probably get the P-Bandai HG Crossbone Gundam X2.

Point taken. Right now, my Gunpla collection primarily consists of HGBF and a few 00 and RG kits, but I'm slowly going back to the UC-era suits. As pointed out a few pages back, my current HGUC project is the ZII, which I'm modifying as a Gunpla Battle unit (with the HGBC Mega Ride Launcher). Hopefully, I'll have the finished product done before Christmas.

Yeah, the ZII is pretty cool, but I'm worried it's a little too similar to the ReZEL, which I want for my Unicorn display (twice...regular and Type-C).

And that Mk-III you're checking out? I'd be all over that if it was an HG instead of a RE/100.

Yeah, the ZII is pretty cool, but I'm worried it's a little too similar to the ReZEL, which I want for my Unicorn display (twice...regular and Type-C).

And that Mk-III you're checking out? I'd be all over that if it was an HG instead of a RE/100.

That's because the ReZEL is derived from the ZII, which itself is based on both the Zeta Gundam and the Methuss. Besides, if your display is solely on the Gundam Unicorn timeline, the ZII will fit perfectly, as it was used by Londo Bell in the Bande Dessinee manga. If you don't like the traditional Gundam colors, go for the P-Bandai Exclusive HGUC ZII Travis Kirkland Custom.

IMG_2871.JPG

IMG_2938.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

At this point, I don't understand Bandai's marketing tactics when it comes to certain MS designs. Not to bash on RE/100 (as a matter of fact, I completely welcome it, provided they're at a lower price range than MGs of similar dimensions), but what's holding them back from releasing the Dijeh in HGUC form? It is an Amuro suit after all. Is it just because it's not a Gundam?

What is that last picture supposed to be?

That's the Zeta II's Waverider mode. ZII's like the lovechild of regular Zeta and Methuss, so it's thicker and less wingy in Waverider mode.

That's because the ReZEL is derived from the ZII, which itself is based on both the Zeta Gundam and the Methuss.

Yeah, I'm aware of the ZII and ReZEL's origins. And it's not that I don't think the ZII doesn't belong, it's that the ReZELs take priority, and I'm thinking that after building two ReZELs I'll find building the ZII boring.

Then again, I've built two RG Zetas, two RG Zakus, two RG MK-IIs, and two RG Gundams with a third on the way. Plus I was contemplating getting the HGUC V-Dash and Harrison Madden F91, I'll almost certainly get the HGBF Crossbone Gundam Full Cloth, an strongly considering the P-Bandai Crossbone X2, and would really like for Bandai to do an HGUC Crossbone X3. So what do I know about getting bored with remolds?

That's the Zeta II's Waverider mode. ZII's like the lovechild of regular Zeta and Methuss, so it's thicker and less wingy in Waverider mode.

Looks like a piece of garbage to me. Not saying that to be nasty, I mean it LITERALLY looks like a piece of space garbage in orbit.

Maybe it's a camo mode . . .

:(

Fixable?

It is fixable by buying another RG zeta then sending in a bluefin parts request to replace the broken part to the regular RG zeta and taking the left over parts from the unit 3 to build a new zeta 2 months later. GENIUS I know I know.

But first need money to buy another RG zeta.....first world problems.

Looks like a piece of garbage to me. Not saying that to be nasty, I mean it LITERALLY looks like a piece of space garbage in orbit.

Maybe it's a camo mode . . .

:lol:

Macross variable fighters Gundams are not. Even the best variable mobile suits (Zeta, Delta Plus, Murasame) are mostly just passable in waverider/MA mode. Usually they just look like mobile suits folded up into a brick of mobile suit limbs with a gun/shield in front.

One of those Build Fighter accessory sets might work.

O

I already tried the Mega Ride Launcher, but fitting it means sacrificing the Wave Rider parts and the Clay Bazooka racks. And the Universe Booster Power Gate just makes it look silly.

Maybe when the AGE-FX Burst goes on clearance...