Worst Science Fiction Film of All Time

JELEINEN

True dat. And anyone who disagrees with you is just a poser who missed the movie the first time around and is now desperately, pathetically trying to make themselves seem "hip."

:p

or, could be those people who actually recognized it for the giant steaming pile it is but just goes along because the "smart" people seem to like it... kinda like moby dick. <_<

Now that you realize you have a problem go watch some GOOD movies. Like Armageddon, true emotional depth, sacrifice, patriotism, it has it all.

Thanks, sir! I've certainly learned my lesson!

From now on, it'll be a steady diet of the works of the great masters: Bay, Emmerich, and Boll!

From now on, it'll be a steady diet of the works of the great masters: Bay, Emmerich, and Boll!

Just steel yourself for all the sheer visionary awesomeness. Hold off on some of the masterpieces like Revenge of the Fallen and 10,000 BC until the end of your studies. Only then will you fully appreciate these astonishing works for their full depth of vision and brilliance. If you watch them too soon you may become lost in genius.

You just have to approach the Blade Runner fans from an unexpected direction, that's all.

"Sean Young sucks. She's ruined EVERY SINGLE MOVIE she's EVER been in."

"Edward James Olmos hunting down artificial humans? If Ronald D. Moore's involved, it'd be good. Otherwise, it's the worst idea ever."

Stuff like that.

How dare you diss Sean Young??

Her stellar performance in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective made that movie a deep and meaningful experience!

Great news for you! Emmerich has rights to do the Foundation movies! Maybe Will Smith will dispense with some psychohistorical one-liners?

Great news for you! Emmerich has rights to do the Foundation movies! Maybe Will Smith will dispense with some psychohistorical one-liners?

Don't remind me...I've been rereading the novels, and realizing yet again how much fun they are, in a way that is TOTALLY UNCONNECTED to any action. Hell, the first book only has two promising big space battles, and both of them are averted without a single shot being fired.

True dat. And anyone who disagrees with you is just a poser who missed the movie the first time around and is now desperately, pathetically trying to make themselves seem "hip."

Unfortunately, most of us have to experience it after watching derivative works that took our breath away. Plus the high expectations, I don't think it is an easy thing to live up to.

So sometimes it destroys two films for you: the hyped up original, and the derivative one which wasn't so original after all. Advice: don't watch the original. :p

umm... 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Realism doesn't always float my boat. I just can't get into it. The book was more exciting to me for some reason, so I was really let down.

2001 is the greatest Science fiction film ever made. end of discussion.

Chronicles of Riddick comes to mind...

did pitch black really need a sequel?

Im with BTG.. Good till the last 2 min. Then horrible.

You're right.

The Core was intolerably bad.

It's scientific premises were so ridiculous that they should just drop the "science" and just be plain "fiction"

this thing kinda sucked. Generic and made almost no sense at points.

But not as bad as the core.

What did you expect from a director who worships at the almighty altar of Global Warming (which, by the way, the late Micheal Chricton thought was a crock of sh*t, as well as myself)? I present as evidence his last film, "The Day After Tommorrow".

At this year's Golden Raspberry Awards, the Worst of the Decade were announced.

Worst Picture of the Decade

Battlefield Earth

Freddy Got Fingered

Gigli

I Know Who Killed Me

Swept Away

Worst Actor of the Decade

Eddie Murphy for The Adventures of Pluto Nash, I Spy, Imagine That, Meet Dave, Norbit and Showtime

Ben Affleck for Daredevil, Gigli, Jersey Girl, Paycheck, Pearl Harbor and Surviving Christmas

Mike Myers for The Cat in the Hat and The Love Guru

Rob Schneider for The Animal, The Benchwarmers, Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo, Grandma's Boy, The Hot Chick, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Little Man and Little Nicky

John Travolta for Battlefield Earth, Domestic Disturbance, Lucky Numbers, Old Dogs and Swordfish

Worst Actress of the Decade

Paris Hilton for The Hottie and the Nottie, House of Wax and Repo! The Genetic Opera

Mariah Carey for Glitter

Lindsay Lohan for Herbie: Fully Loaded, I Know Who Killed Me and Just My Luck

Jennifer Lopez for Angel Eyes, Enough, Gigli, Jersey Girl, Maid in Manhattan, Monster-in-Law and The Wedding Planner

Madonna for Die Another Day, The Next Best Thing and Swept Away

Battlefield Earth

Freddy Got Fingered

Gigli

I Know Who Killed Me

Swept Away

Eddie Murphy for The Adventures of Pluto Nash, I Spy, Imagine That, Meet Dave, Norbit and Showtime

Ben Affleck for Daredevil, Gigli, Jersey Girl, Paycheck, Pearl Harbor and Surviving Christmas

Rob Schneider for The Animal, The Benchwarmers, Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo, Grandma's Boy, The Hot Chick, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Little Man and Little Nicky

John Travolta for Battlefield Earth, Domestic Disturbance, Lucky Numbers, Old Dogs and Swordfish

Paris Hilton for The Hottie and the Nottie, House of Wax and Repo! The Genetic Opera

Mariah Carey for Glitter

Jennifer Lopez for Angel Eyes, Enough, Gigli, Jersey Girl, Maid in Manhattan, Monster-in-Law and The Wedding Planner

Unlike the Oscars, now I can say, fully deserving all of them.

Although maybe Ben Affleck could have been given a co-award for his entire body of work.

Battlefield Earth

Freddy Got Fingered

Gigli

I Know Who Killed Me

Swept Away

Mariah Carey for Glitter

I think that Rob Schneiders performance in "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" was unspeakably evil and that alone should have scored him worst actor of the decade. And no I am not overreacting, that sort of crap is more the sort of thing you would expect from the 1950's or earlier. (and even then it was unforgivable)

Taksraven

• 2 weeks later...
What did you expect from a director who worships at the almighty altar of Global Warming (which, by the way, the late Micheal Chricton thought was a crock of sh*t, as well as myself)? I present as evidence his last film, "The Day After Tommorrow".

Global warming is a fact.

The debate is about the human responsibility in it (it already happened in the past after all, maybe it's all natural and we have nothing to do with it or maybe it's man's work) and of course the consequences of this global warming. (no biggie or problem on the long run ?)

The debate is about the human responsibility in it (it already happened in the past after all, maybe it's all natural and we have nothing to do with it or maybe it's man's work) and of course the consequences of this global warming. (no biggie or problem on the long run ?)

Don't mind Wanzerfan. He's always wrong.

I think it's just common sense, even if you don't believe any of the science, that dumping sh!t-tons of CO2 into the environment will probably have some sort of detrimental effect. To deny this is to reject the idea that greenhouse gases keep the Earth warm and suitable for life.

As a troll, it's good to be able to argue the other side too. If you don't believe in the science of climate change, a suitable argument would be to claim that other gases such as Methane, and the dreaded super-evil Oxygen Dihydride in its vapor form also have a greenhouse effect yet receive substantially less press.HENCE IT'S PART OF TEH EVIL LiBRAHAL AGENDA.

Edited by Ghost Train