HG and Robotech Debates

azrael

Except of course, that HG isn't doing the movie...WB is. That could up the ante quite a bit. However, the fact that a fifth- or sixth-tier director is the guy who says, "Yeah, they appraoched me about it," that doesn't look too good.

Again, maybe The Losers will up his cache...but I kinda doubt it.

So far, good dragon training has burninated The Losers.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2...oxoffic25_N.htm

Still, there's a lot of factors that could have led to that this weekend.

I *just* became friends with Carl Macek on Facebook, thats kinda scary....

(It is kinda morbidly spooky too, looking at posts he made on his page the day before he died, photo's taken of him just before he died. Goddamn heart attacks are insidious beasts, cutting people down in their prime with little or no warning)

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

(It is kinda morbidly spooky too, looking at posts he made on his page the day before he died, photo's taken of him just before he died. Goddamn heart attacks are insidious beasts, cutting people down in their prime with little or no warning)

Taksraven

"I really don't want to get sucked into this"

"I really don't want to get sucked into this"

Not trying to bait anyone or attempting to restart anything. Certainly not making jokes or trolling this time. Just making some random observations.

Confronting mortality in such a way is certainly thought provoking and I don't think that any of us operate our Facebook pages with a mind to the fact that it could one day essentially be our memorial.

Can anybody imagine what it would be like if we lived in such a way that we did know exactly when we were going to "depart". If life was a countdown rather than a count-up like it is now. Would we waste our time in this thread endlessly debating the obvious if we knew that we didn't have long to do it?

If we knew that a certain Facebook or Macrossworld post was going to be our last, what would we say?

I think we need a philosophy thread. (No politics though)

Taksraven

Not trying to bait anyone or attempting to restart anything. Certainly not making jokes or trolling this time. Just making some random observations.

Confronting mortality in such a way is certainly thought provoking and I don't think that any of us operate our Facebook pages with a mind to the fact that it could one day essentially be our memorial.

Can anybody imagine what it would be like if we lived in such a way that we did know exactly when we were going to "depart". If life was a countdown rather than a count-up like it is now. Would we waste our time in this thread endlessly debating the obvious if we knew that we didn't have long to do it?

If we knew that a certain Facebook or Macrossworld post was going to be our last, what would we say?

I think we need a philosophy thread. (No politics though)

Taksraven

No no no, a quote from a recent episode of South Park, Stan not wanting to get sucked into face book, then of course he literally does in a Tron parody.

Taksraven

Zombie Macek?!

I'm getting tired of the whole Astro Plan X Robotech spoofs. You known it's getting out of hand when you get facebook group invites for Robotech Astro Plan. Seriously, KNOCK IT OFF!

Unfortunately, SOME people don't know when a joke has exceeded its humor quota. :rolleyes:

I'm getting tired of the whole Astro Plan X Robotech spoofs. You known it's getting out of hand when you get facebook group invites for Robotech Astro Plan. Seriously, KNOCK IT OFF!

Oddly, I got an e-mail about these videos just the other day from some confused mook on Robotech.com who was honestly taken in... he thought that Harmony Gold had (or was planning to) license Astro Plan as the next installment in the animated Robotech continuity.

Let's not forget that Robotech is trademarked name and according to Facebook's TOS, they will enforce trademarks when it comes to Pages.

So whoever the moron is behind the Robotech Astro Plan Facebook Page, they just might receive a letter from Facebook that reads:

You created one or more Pages that have been removed for violating our Terms of Use. A Facebook Page is a distinct presence used solely for business or promotional purposes. We also take down Pages...that are set up by an unauthorized individual. If your Page was removed for any of the above reasons, it will not be reinstated. Continued misuse of Facebook's features could result in the permanent loss of your account.

If you need further assistance with this issue, please visit http://www.facebook.com/help/contact...=page_disabled.

The Facebook Team

:lol:

Edited by TheLoneWolf

Oddly, I got an e-mail about these videos just the other day from some confused mook on Robotech.com who was honestly taken in... he thought that Harmony Gold had (or was planning to) license Astro Plan as the next installment in the animated Robotech continuity.

omg LOL no seriously lol that's so effing hilarious :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised, as the average RT fan can't tell the difference between RT and Macross or most other mecha anime.

I wouldn't be surprised, as the average RT fan can't tell the difference between RT and Macross or most other mecha anime.

Be nice, those Astro Plan mecha look a hell of a lot closer to Macross saga mecha then Southern Cross or New Generation designs after all...

omg LOL no seriously lol that's so effing hilarious :lol:

On a side note, said fan was extremely offended that I had to ask him several times if he was joking before I believed he was serious about thinking Astro Plan was slated to be the next installment of Robotech. It looks like at least one person has asked the exact same question on Robotech.com's Series & Stories board.

To be fair, this is probably an obscenely generous assessment...

Given the current state of affairs on Robotech.com and RobotechX.com, it's looking rather like the average Robotech fan active in the fandom today barely knows anything about Robotech... to say nothing of real anime. An alarming number of them can barely be called literate...

That doesn't surprise me in the least bit, as there were people all the time that would ask the strangest, most confusing questions in trying to understand Robotech. It seems to be a common thread for this type of cartoon that was spliced together storywise.

On a side note, said fan was extremely offended that I had to ask him several times if he was joking before I believed he was serious about thinking Astro Plan was slated to be the next installment of Robotech. It looks like at least one person has asked the exact same question on Robotech.com's Series & Stories board.

You mean this thread?

What the...

LOL... you guys are making fun of people that don't know the difference between Robotech, Macross and Astroplan?

I consider those people lucky enough not to care about such mundane things.

That doesn't surprise me in the least bit, as there were people all the time that would ask the strangest, most confusing questions in trying to understand Robotech. It seems to be a common thread for this type of cartoon that was spliced together storywise.

Oh, no kidding... even now, over half a year after getting banned from Robotech.com, I'm still getting a fair few e-mailed questions to the effect of "How does <Macross show> fit into Robotech?". If my time over on Robotech.com taught me one thing, it would be that while common sense is by no means common in the general population, it's a completely foreign concept to many Robotech fans... particularly those in Tommy Yune's corner. The Robotech universe and franchise is such a mess that it's no surprise that the fans are largely clueless.

Plans for the addition of a Robotech reference section to my new servers (to which M3 will also be migrating in the near future, along with my ongoing Macross project) proceed apace, but hit a snag when I realized that there's virtually nobody qualified to write for it in the Robotech fandom anymore. Thanks to the concerted efforts of Maverick and MEMO, the few people who aspire to be knowledgeable are mainly concerned with trying to impose their own twisted moon logic on the universe and pretending to be moderators. The people outside RT.com who profess to be experts are even more clueless than the average fan, and spend most of their time talking out of their asses when they're not slandering anyone who looks at them funny.

*sigh* Logistics... (Seriously, anyone got recommendations? Know anyone who's part of the exodus who might wanna contribute? I've got two or three, but I'm looking for like... eight)

You mean this thread?

What the...

Yep.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Plans for the addition of a Robotech reference section to my new servers (to which M3 will also be migrating in the near future, along with my ongoing Macross project) proceed apace, but hit a snag when I realized that there's virtually nobody qualified to write for it in the Robotech fandom anymore. Thanks to the concerted efforts of Maverick and MEMO, the few people who aspire to be knowledgeable are mainly concerned with trying to impose their own twisted moon logic on the universe and pretending to be moderators. The people outside RT.com who profess to be experts are even more clueless than the average fan, and spend most of their time talking out of their asses when they're not slandering anyone who looks at them funny.

What's the point of doing all of that again?