ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

Slu77y looking figures vs. creepy looking dols... kettle, meet pot. :p

Test: Send two guys to an anime convention.

One walks around holding a Queens Blade figure.

The other walks around holding a Dollfie BJD.

Have them both attempt to talk to girls.

Results: Designation of "Creepy" depends on gender of viewer.

Test: Send two guys to an anime convention.

One walks around holding a Queens Blade figure.

The other walks around holding a Dollfie BJD.

Have them both attempt to talk to girls.

Results: Designation of "Creepy" depends on gender of viewer.

You obviously haven't talked to a girl at an anime covention. They creep me out!

GET OUT...

whatever floats your boat, i 'spose. still, an awful lot of exceedingly cheap totties in this thread, for my personal taste, at least...

Edited by Shaorin

whatever floats your boat, i 'spose. still, an awful lot of exceedingly cheap totties in this thread, for my personal taste, at least...

Down for those expensive 'girls' with large wardrobes as in BJDs?

Heh I would like one, but if I buy one, my wife will end up collecting an even more expensive 'boy'.

You obviously haven't talked to a girl at an anime covention. They creep me out!

I know! Creepy, obcessive, and kinky. Sounds good to me. Wouldn't ever want to date a girl that wasn't a crazed fangirl. Married one.

I do think that those pillows with anime characters, life sized blow up dolls (I think they are blow up), and mouse pads with girl's padded area is taking it too far. Many statues go too far for that matter. There is a site that shows a lot of this stuff on occasion called Sankaku Complex. They had an anime bag that I couldn't believe a month or so ago. But we haven't seen anything yet. I bet fairly soon, we'll see the replicants, sexaroid, etc. for real. That will be scary or cool depending on how you look at it. I remember an episode of Ghost in the Shell SAC when Motoko goes to see a hacker. He has a bunch just hanging out. Although it's bound to backfire on us just like it does in all the shows like Ghost in the Shell, Bubblegum Crisis, Blade Runner, etc.

Back to figures, is there a good Jun Gatchaman figure out there? I can't believe all these classic animes aren't getting figures.

I do think that those pillows with anime characters, life sized blow up dolls (I think they are blow up), and mouse pads with girl's padded area is taking it too far. Many statues go too far for that matter. There is a site that shows a lot of this stuff on occasion called Sankaku Complex. They had an anime bag that I couldn't believe a month or so ago. But we haven't seen anything yet. I bet fairly soon, we'll see the replicants, sexaroid, etc. for real. That will be scary or cool depending on how you look at it. I remember an episode of Ghost in the Shell SAC when Motoko goes to see a hacker. He has a bunch just hanging out. Although it's bound to backfire on us just like it does in all the shows like Ghost in the Shell, Bubblegum Crisis, Blade Runner, etc.

Back to figures, is there a good Jun Gatchaman figure out there? I can't believe all these classic animes aren't getting figures.

Crazy as it sounds, I would love a Jun figure based on the version in the 90's reboot. Although.......with her uniform on I guess you wouldn't be able to tell what version she is? :wacko:

Bandai Chogokin Saber...compared to Figma Saber

post-7534-0-15831000-1362744572_thumb.jpg

post-7534-0-93161900-1362744581_thumb.jpg

post-7534-0-62857400-1362744605_thumb.jpg

post-7534-0-99505500-1362744592_thumb.jpg

post-7534-0-82690600-1362744613_thumb.jpg

The Chogokin Saber is just slightly taller, but twice as heavy due to large amounts of metal parts. She's built like a tank compared to her Figma sibling. Also, Chogokin Saber is more posible and has flexible armor pieces.

has anyone bought and painted any of the figures? seems like it might be cheaper prepainted. look at the resin models lately.

It's can be cheaper to buy unpainted resin but it's a lot more work and more of a gamble. basically, if you see inexpensive resin kits, they're probably recasts which may or may not be of good quality. Then you have to think about how much the supplies will cost you. The first time you build a resin kit and you find yourself buying all the supplies you need for the first time can get really expensive. And then there's your skill level as a model builder to think about.

Pre-painted resin kits tend to be more expensive than mass produced PVC because they're not mass produced and involve a lot more skilled labor, although on occasion I've seen painted resin versions of PVC figures go for cheaper than the PVC figure simply because the PVC has become so scarce and desirable as to have inflated the price to ludicrous levels.

I've been on a bit of a Queen's Blade kick since I picked up Shizuka(thanks Anime52k8), so I went ahead and ordered three revoltech figures. Branwen, Sigui, and booster version Alice complete with pee(oil?) stained panties and puddle... um yeah. Anyways I still want to pick up figures of Echidna and Nyx.

I help you decide.

65880_10151235235502861_735003727_n.jpg

Need some advice on how to wast my money.

So that other Unchou Kanu figure from Daiki I've been looking at. Well, there's one on Mandarake for about 200USD before shipping which is pretty good, but it's the animation face version:
FIG-MOE-1766_08.jpg

I'm trying to decide if I should get it or hold out for the illustration face version:

FIG-MOE-1765_11.jpg

Any version with the illustration face goes for at least $350~$400 or more. I think I like the illustration face version better although I don't hate the animation face (it's not like their Ryomou Shimei where the original face sculpt is light-years better than every subsequent face the figure has been released with). I just can't decide if I should jump on it or hold out hope for a cheap(er) illustration face version to pop up somewhere.

Lol, I ended up buying one from Mandarake two months ago. :p

and here she is:

8581824792_6b4d160e2a_c.jpg

Unchou Kanu by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

8581823086_8118412280_c.jpg

8580716597_01047a7f9f_c.jpg

8581816506_2dbc2d2991_c.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

As I mentioned earlier I ordered 3 Queen's Blade revoltech figures and now I have a couple questions.

1.What's the normal retail price for a revoltech figure? I'm guessing $30-40 dollars for normal ones, and $60-70 for variants/exclusives/specials etc. The reason I ask is I purchased Queen's Blade Rebellion's Siggui the Inquisitor from a reputable online store for only $24 with shipping included. The figure is still a recent release, so this has me wondering if there's a defect, or something else wrong with this particular figure that makes people not want it?

2. When did squishy bewbies become a revoltech feature?

As I mentioned earlier I ordered 3 Queen's Blade revoltech figures and now I have a couple questions.

1.What's the normal retail price for a revoltech figure? I'm guessing $30-40 dollars for normal ones, and $60-70 for variants/exclusives/specials etc. The reason I ask is I purchased Queen's Blade Rebellion's Siggui the Inquisitor from a reputable online store for only $24 with shipping included. The figure is still a recent release, so this has me wondering if there's a defect, or something else wrong with this particular figure that makes people not want it?

I have the black variant and the Branwen. Most of the prices of them go up quite a bit after they are no longer available at retail. Ditto for the Figma's. I really wish Figma had done the queens blade series instead of Kayiodo.

Nice pics of Kano Anime 52k8!

My Ignis in wedding dress, just shipped from HLJ. I need to make space for her somewhere.

Edited by Golden Arms

hey guys, anyone here have an opinion on Griffon Enterprises as a company.

I know they used to be pretty mediocer as figure makers and not worth what they're stuff tended to go for, but that was quite a while ago and I don't know what they're like now.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-8154&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dikaros%24pagemax%3D100%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

this is just so cute, but I'm not sure if I want it.

FIG-MOE-8154.jpg